I bring the experience of rebuilding a 4-years-long broken IT company, as Managing Director: 100+ new B2B Clients only in first year. Therefore I am looking forward to deliver my expertise in business, product or project management in IT/telecommunications/Internet.
I look forward to discuss my application with you and please feel free to address me any eventual questions you might have.
08/2010 – 02/2012 Managing Director Barcelona
Alojapro (IT company)
• Business analysis team lead bringing an exhaustive understanding about the competitive landscape and our competitive position (competition study, product benchmark, market research, trends, internal analysis, PEST and Porter analysis).
• Business and company plan craft, alongside with 5-years-term forecast financials, sustaining approval from company’s ownership to introduce a new business model.
• 5-years functional plans (IT, communication, sales, service delivery, product marketing) development and implementation lead producing improvements in all areas:
o IT: disorganization and demotivation issues sorted out with the introduction of a general chronogram, new process and weekly developers’ evaluation.
o Communication: from a not effective approach to a consistent and targeted action package.
o Sales: from zero acquisitions to 100+ new B2B Clients, only in the first year. Marketing principles were introduced and experienced sales reps were hired.
o Service delivery: inefficiency tackled with new processes.
o Product marketing: from unclear proposition to strategic positioning, product-flavours definition and pricing policy established (based on price sensibility, costs accountability and competitor’s price).
• New people management approach introduction, featuring team building, coaching, evaluation and career plan (team assessment, career plan, yearly employee evaluation). Results:
o Radical emotional improvements within the staff: . Changed from defeated “can´t sell” mentality to a positive cycle of optimism and self-confidence.
• Weekly follow-up meetings promoting a continual process improvement:
o Scrum implementation.
o Dramatic quality and level of service uplift.
• Implementation supervision and weekly report to Shareholder. Major achievement:
o Exponential B2B Customer base expansion from 4 internal B2B Clients to over 100.
• Goodwill generation with key stakeholders (Clients, providers, managers, Shareholders)
03/2010 – 07/2010 Network Engineer Barcelona
D-Link (network manufacturer)
• 2nd level technical support on network equipment installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
01/2009 – 07/2009 MBA Final Project Tutor Barcelona
EADA Business School
• Advise a MBA final project team on how to transform their idea into a viable business proposition, including far-reaching situational analysis, meaningful market research, advanced business modelling, rock-solid financials and robust implementation planning.
09/2008 – 02/2010 Sales & Marketing Manager Barcelona
Enormo.com (international website)
• Market entry strategy development (Portugal): situational analysis, strategy, operation, objectives. Outcome:
o Sales boost by 20% due to a better value proposition and accurate potential Client assessment.
o Brand positioning enhancement after competition research on market stakeholders.
o Sales force efficiency improvement due to market segmentation and targeting.
• B2B sales and account: product presentation, proposal adjustment, negotiation, close of deal
o Corporate Clients acquisition objectives accomplishment.
• Team building and Culture reinforcement on a young multicultural atmosphere.
05/2002 – 09/2006 Senior Mobile Services Manager Lisbon
TMN (mobile telecom)
• Corporate mobile service management: technical consultancy, specification improvement, priority management, multi-project management, development, test, technical support. Major achievements:
o All solutions delivered within deadline and fulfilled their functional and technical specification.
o Sales targets met and difference made in matters of Clients retention and acquisition.
o Service standout as unique value proposition in market.
o Suppliers’ technical proposals evaluation supported good decision making.
o Several business recommendations taken into consideration including two innovative mobile services launched, including award on call-for-ideas for innovative service.
01/2001 – 01/2002 Junior Software Developer Lisbon
Portugalia (airline carrier)
• Intranet Software development to tackle documentation availability issues across the different departments.
• IT project management of a time clock system, meeting the flexibility of an airline carrier’s operation.
• Administration of Novell network, ensuring timely support to Users geographically dispersed.
09/2012 – 06/2013 Advanced German, Volkshochschule (Berlin)
10/2012 – 02/2013 Strategic Management, Humboldt Universität (Berlin)
01/2007 – 04/2008 MBA, EADA Business School (Barcelona – Note: 8,4/10)
• Awarded “Best Final Project“
• Best leadership skills development
09/2005 – 06/2006 Post-Graduation in Marketing Management, ISCTE (Note: 16/20)
• Final project led to a new product introduction
09/1995 – 12/2000 MSc Electrical & Computer Science, Instituto Superior Técnico of Lisbon University – officially recognized in Germany “Anerkennung” (Note: 14/20)
• Final Project: “Secure Interface to E-Mail”
09/1991 – 07/1995 High-School, Manuel Cargaleiro (Note: 18/20)
01/2014 – present Kizomba dance instructor Berlin
• Planed and instructed (in German) dance lessons for beginners and intermediate pupils.
08/2012 – 12/2013 Founder & CEO: TimeCapsule IT startup project Berlin
• Developed an original idea into a viable business plan
o situational analysis (competition, market, Clients, technology, trends, Porter sector model, PEST model).
o strategy (SWOT analysis, impact analysis, business opportunity validation, strategy, brand, objectives).
01/2010 – 01/2012 Co-Founder and President: Club Volei Plaja Barcelona Barcelona
• Founded and led for 2 years an informal beach volley club.
• Started and managed the online community – after the first year it was the largest online community in Spain.
• Gave free weekly beach volley classes for beginners.
• Took part on the competition team, winning one tournament.
09/1997 – 07/1999 Co-Founder/President: African Students Society at University Lisbon
• Founded and led for 2 years, including hosting general meetings
• Organized the first ever African Week featuring an African painting exhibition and €250 money-award for the top 3 African fresher Students
• Organized a donations initiative to send first-aid items to Mozambique
• Organized a donations initiative to send books to East Timor
09/1996 – 07/1998 Musician (contrabass): University musical group TUIST Lisbon
• Played regularly on weekends in restaurants for touristic groups
• The band won the most prestigious national University Music contests
09/1988 – 07/1996 2nd black belt Karate instructor of beginners: CCRAM Lisbon
• 1st black belt Karate at the age of 15 (one year before accepted standards)
• Regularly competed and won technical tournaments
• Gave classes for 10 years
• First language: Portuguese
• Fluent writing and reading of English. Fluent command of Spanish, alongside with good understanding of oral and written Catalan, after living 5 years in Barcelona. Conversational-level in German achieved with 1-year intensive language training and 2 years of language immersion.
Team Working & Organizational Skills
• My years at university musical group TUIST disclosed my natural ability for creative thinking in strategic long-term issues. Later, at the age of 25, I went on to be awarded at a call-for-ideas of Portugal Telecom for an innovative service proposal. At the age of 13, already Karate brown-belt, I started teaching beginners. For the next 10 years, I regularly taught Karate, improving my team leading and inspirational proficiencies. The very same capabilities supported me while founding and leading for 2 years an African Students Society at my university: I was responsible to generate goodwill among different stakeholders, finding agreements across a multicultural table. Already abroad I founded and led for 2 years an informal beach volley club that rose to stand out as the largest online social community in Spain. Today I am teaching Kizomba dance in Berlin.
• 2 days before finishing the MBA programme I was invited to present my leadership development case to an audience of both MBA students and lecturers. Ever since I have been reading and looking for professional and personal opportunities to develop my leadership, effective communication and team playing skills.
• Seasoned waterfall and scrum project manager: from managing simultaneously several project in mobile telco operator TMN (Lisbon) to corporate Clients to running an IT company abroad (Alojapro, Barcelona).
• Advanced management skills and know-how such as Blue Ocean Strategy, Business Model Canvas and Lean Startup have oriented my thinking in turning a 4-years-broken-IT company into winning 100+ B2B Clients during the first year there.
Computer & IT
• At my last position, as Managing Director of IT company Alojapro, I had also to deepen my understanding of online marketing to support the value we were bring to Customers: webdesign, usability, SEO, SEM, social media mkt.
• I have been using MS Office for years, being able to craft good PowerPoint presentations. I used several ERP applications such as SAP and J.D. Edwards, having also configured the CRM Salesforce.
• Portuguese nationality.
Currently living in Berlin, but willing to reallocate.
• B driving licence.
• References available upon request.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.