Experienced Network Engineer and architect with extensive hands on experience on Cisco and Aruba networks product portfolio.
Masters in Telecommunication Systems – Queen Mary, University of London (Sep 2012- Oct 2013)
QS World University Rankings 2013 – Rank 115
Grade: Distinction (80.1%)
Major courses :
1. 21st Century Networks (Distinction)
This module provides an in-depth understanding of the key issues in next generation, all-IP networks. The topics covered include: converged network infrastructures including wired and wireless access networks, IPv6, network virtualization, network design and engineering, Internet traffic and applications, cloud and content delivery, economics and privacy.
2. Network Modeling and Performance (Distinction)
This course develops probabilistic solutions to the problems of information loss and delay in modern, broadband networks, with a particular emphasis on Internet-type cell/packet network performance and design. The course stresses the appreciation and use of queuing theory, but develops the subject in a simple and intuitive manner, avoiding transform techniques.
3. Software and Network Services Design (Distinction)
This module provides an introduction to the principles of programming in the context of designing and constructing complete programs. Programming techniques are studied and the practical work is performed in the Java programming language.
4. Next Generation Mobile (Distinction)
This module provides a comprehensive study of the near future technologies in mobile communications. Topics include: LTE / LTE-A in terms of radio access (OFDM, OFDMA and SCFDMA), MIMO, CoMP (cooperative multipoint transmission – distributed MIMO), relay networks, HSPA (high-speed packet access) and WiMAX.
Bachelors in Electrical Engineering(Telecommunications) – Bahria University, Islamabad (Sep 2006 – Sep 2010)
CGPA : 3.26
Major courses :
1. Data communication and computer Networks
2. Telecom transmission and switching
3. Object Oriented programming
4. Wireless and Mobile communications
1. Product Engineer – Networks (ICT) – Makkays Hi-tech systems, Islamabad (Dec 2013- present)
Network designer and architect for Aruba networks, Cisco systems and Ubiquiti products portfolio. Designing end to end Wireless LAN and WAN solutions based on customer requirements. Key Responsibilities 1. Collect and determine information/data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements. 2. Conduct Site surveys for network deployment and perform POCs (Proof of concept) 3. Create high level network design for project implementation. 4. Produce technical write-ups and proposal documentation.
1. Wireless LAN: Controller managed centralized mobility services and controller less distributed services.
2. Multiservice outdoor mesh networks: 802.11n multi-radio architecture and intelligent layer 3 routing. Software configurable radios mesh backhaul links.
3. Remote Networking: Extended Wireless LAN services to remote offices.
4. Mobile data offloading: Aruba’s carrier-class Wi-Fi solution to offload 3G/4G traffic.
5. Cloud Wi-Fi: Central cloud management of local Wi-Fi zones.
1. Aruba networks: WLAN Mobility controllers (600, 3000 and 7000 series),
2. Cisco Systems: Cisco Wireless Controllers (2500, and 5500 series), Cisco Aironet access points (1600, 2700, and 3700 series)
3. Ubiquiti : UBNT Rocket M5 and UBNT Nano Station M5
Next generation networks
Network functions virtualization(NFV)
Software defined Networking(SDN)
Mobile data offloading
Data center networking
Queuing theory and traffic models
LTE and LTE – Advanced
UMTS architecture (Node B, RNC,CN)
Radio Resource Management
Radio propagation models
JAVA, C++ and C
Routing protocols : OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
Network simulator (NS-2)
Floodlight SDN controller
C++ , C
About Makkays Hi-tech systems: Today, MAKKAYS is the market leader in providing cutting edge technology as a single source of branded electronic, electromechanical, power and communication technology related components and products. For more details, please visit: http://www.makkays.com/
2. Research Placement (Networks) – Alcatel-Lucent , London (Feb 2012 – September 2013)
The purpose of the research placement was to look at how data centers are built and what problems there are emerging in supporting public and private cloud services, focussing on the problems in multi-tenant data center environments and the use of virtual private networks, including virtual machine (VM) mobility and load balancing/resource utilization. The starting point was to analyse the standards work of bodies such as the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and Open Networking Foundation (ONF), and to investigate how different protocols and technologies (e.g. OpenFlow, MPLS layer 3 and Layer 2 VPNs) could apply to a data center environment.
1. Investigating multi-tenant data centers: The project analyzed the multi-tenant virtualized data centers in particular what are the key networking ingredients. The study also involves the architectural components of a multi-tenant data center and how the logical isolation of these components takes place.
2. Investigating the limitations of multi-tenant data centers and solutions: Investigated the problems and limitations in supporting the cloud services and analyzed the network virtualization solutions which are proposed by the industry. The problems analyzed are VLANs and Spanning tree protocol (STP), the multi-tenant address separation and VM migration. Different solutions like VXLAN, NVGRE, STT and OpenFlow have been analyzed.
3. Examining VXLAN: VXLAN is examined in detail and justified why it is the most suitable network virtualization technology. The research also involves the comparative analyses of VXLAN with other solutions analyzed and what are the limitations of VXLAN.
4. Use of Software Defined Networks (SDN): How the separation of control plane and data plane in OpenFlow can fully optimize the use of network virtualization is studied. A Lab simulation is carried out to analyze an SDN based solution using Open vSwitch and Floodlight controller. In the end, an OpenStack based management plane has been proposed.
Further details about the research can be found in “Masters Thesis” file attached along with the application.
About Alcatel- Lucent:
The long trusted partner of service providers, enterprises and governments around the world, Alcatel-Lucent is a leading innovator in the field of networking and communications technology, products and services. The company is home to Bell Labs, One of the world’s foremost R&D organizations, responsible for breakthroughs that have shaped the networking and communications industry.
3. Technical Support Engineer / Product Specialist – Vertical Systems Inc. ,
Islamabad (Jan 2011 – July 2012)
Network and software Support to remote clients for automated business centers in hospitality industry of USA. The Job responsibilities included 1st line network support, Client software configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of wired and wireless equipment at access layer, Installation and configuration of proprietary products, managing applications, management and troubleshooting of DHCP and DNS server. Later worked as Product Specialist for MedPoint (VSI’s proprietary software) and was responsible for Product management and documentation.
4. IT Intern Engineer – Pak Datacom, Islamabad (Sep 2010 – Dec 2010)
Network configuration in particular configuring VLANs on Cisco Catalyst (3750 and 2960 series), managing IT operations (Network Services) for internal customers and designing the network according to the requirements for IP services. Securing routers through Access Control Lists (ACL) and implementing Port security with MAC binding to avoid unauthorized access.
1. Plan, design and optimize the LTE communication network for Urban and Indoor environment using HetNets.
Queen Mary University of London
The outdoor propagation environment is modelled in Wireless Insite using the Urban canyon propagation model. The city plan is composed of multiple areas with different service levels. The model is 4G LTE based network and designed for the frequencies available in UK. The region defined to simulate the propagation model is used in such a way that all the receivers in all service areas can receive the power from all the transmitters. Separate receiver grids are laid out in each service area to analyze the service level independently from other service areas. The communication network used for urban propagation environment is release 8 LTE system. The duplex mode chosen in FDD but the specifications can also be applied to TDD based system as the similarity between FDD and TDD in LTE is very high in contrast to WCDMA. The QOS analysis of different areas is based on the total power probability function, total power cumulative function and the Total power vs. Distance graphs.
2. Mobilink Carrier Offload WiFi Trials
Makkays Hi-tech systems
As the 3G spectrum becomes available in Pakistan over the coming months, the Pakistani telecom business is moving into a new era, enabling customers to enjoy more advanced services and increase their connectivity. The project focused on conducting trials to have a Wi-Fi solution to offload 2G EDGE and 3G traffic for upcoming 3G Launch. The project comprises of three modules:
Access Points & Wireless Controllers Module: This module covers Aruba access points and Wireless controllers and the access network required.
Core network Module: This module covers Gateway controller, authentication and billing solution.
Backhauling Module: This module covers end to end backhauling solution for example network management system and integration with Cellular sites.
Following elements of the design are considered for complete mobile offload solution:
• Link budget analysis
• Radio network planning
• Backhaul solutions requirements
The solutions includes the following technical specifications but are not limited to:
• Wireless Controller and access points specifications
• Wireless Core network specifications
• Integration Specifications
• Wi-Fi Network Management system
• Network Security and authentication specifications.
3. Network virtualization for cloud services infrastructure
Industrial project with Alcatel-Lucent
Refer to “research placement” in Experience section.
4. Ubiquitous computing – Smart Energy regulation system
Bahria University Islamabad
The application specific Home area network (HAN) is designed which is composed of a smart meter, and automated lighting systems. These systems are connected to each other via ZigBee home automation network. The reason to choose ZigBee is that it provides more control on home automated devices than the previous technologies used for example X10 industry standard. The smart meter, and the lighting controllers are integrated with the ZigBee micrcontrollers separately to form a mesh network of automated heterogeneous devices. The microcontroller system which is mostly used with the ZigBee devices is Arduino. In this scenario, the Arduino would take a specific input function from user e.g. Switch off the automatic light system and make decision logic and send a command to ZigBee node to turn off the circuitry of the switch which controls the automatic light system. The application is programmed in Arduino IDE. Arduino is C/C++ based while processing is fundamentally Java based. The web application is developed using Ruby on rails framework.
5. RFID system design with Facial recognition system
Bahria University, Islamabad
An RFID system is designed for the implementation of Student Attendance system. With the use of RFID the Attendance of the students is marked automatically. Entry time of the students is also recorded. RFID can only identify the person on the basis of the RFID tag which the person carries. An illegal person can make use of another person’s tag. To solve this problem and enhance the security of the RFID systems, a Face Recognition System using Principal component Analysis (PCA) is implemented and integrated it with the RFID system .The tool used for the implementation of whole project is MATLAB.
1. Cisco certified Network Associate (CCNA R&S) – Cisco ID CSCO12017143
2. Aruba Certified 802.11ac specialist (Aruba Networks)
3. 802.11ac Technology Overview and Design Considerations (Aruba networks training )
4. CloudU Certified (Rackspace)
5. International English language testing system (IELTS) -Overall Band score : 7.5
AWARDS & MEMBERSHIPS
1. IEEE Science and Engineering excellence scholarship worth 4000 GBP(QMUL)
2. 3rd Prize in IEEE QMUL internal SPC (Student paper contest)
3. IEEE graduate student member – 92470532
4. Internet Society (ISOC) – Islamabad Chapter – 96971
5. Pakistan Network operators group (PaNOG) – P (01)/Members/2014/111
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.