An experienced communications expert. I have a BA degree specializing in Communication Science, and over 10 years of experience (international and national) some of which was within the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland. I am a leader and a creative thinker. My mother tongue is English and I also speak basic French.
January 2014 – October 2014 (contract-based)
Knowledge Manager for the USAID funded Sexual HIV Prevention Programme (SHIPP)
The project aims to reduce HIV sexual transmission through building national and local capacity to design and implement a package of HIV combination prevention activities. This combination prevention approach will address behavioral risk, social norms, biomedical interventions, and school-based programming. I am responsible for championing organization-wide knowledge sharing, so that the organization’s know-how, information and experience is shared inside and (as appropriate) outside the organization with clients, partners, and stakeholders. Developing and executing the application of policies, processes and technologies to ensure that information is systematically produced, organized and made accessible to those who need it.
– Knowledge Management strategy development and implementation
– Database design and development (including website design & maintenance)
– Creation of IEC materials, social media,
– Sound and video editing
– Capacity Building
– Graphic design
– Advising on visual layout, content and graphics used in adherence with strict USAID standards
– Preparation organization for Process evaluation
– Assisting with M&E training sessions
January 2013 – December 2013
Futures Group International
One Thomas Circle, NW, Suite 200 Washington, DC 20005
South Africa Office: 310 Brooks Street, Menlo Park, Pretoria, South Africa, 0081
Global Health Consulting to South African Government
July 2012 – October 2012
Owner, Trendsetter Media
Owner and managing director of a self start-up international online marketing company which specialises in social media marketing and advertising. As the managing director of Trendsetter Media I am responsible for designing and implementing a tailor-made online marketing strategy.
– Setup and management of social media accounts
– Design and maintenance of websites
– Registration of domain names and email accounts for the client’s website
– Creative strategy
– New media
May 2012 – Oct 2012
Knowledge Management and Communications Officer (E- Communications)
• Compilation and preparation INEE’s Bi-Weekly Bulletin
• Compilation and preparation INEE’s weekly Jobs message. Review and approve new job announcements on the INEE website, and inform and assist members on posting new job opportunities.
• Assisting in the drafting, preparation, and scheduling of INEE e-communications, including regular newsletters, as well as ad hoc messages to mark key dates, updates on acute and chronic crises; and other messages as determined by the INEE Secretariat
• Collection and preparation of INEE’s Language Community resource updates, Task Team updates for dissemination through INEE’s mail manager.
• Maintenance of INEE’s email lists, including continual review of list membership, message reports and errors, and the harmonization of the email lists with the broader member database
• Assisting in the development, implementation, and follow-up of an INEE member “Update your profile” campaign, to motivate members to update their online profiles and email preferences
• Updating and posting relevant content on INEE’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Blog pages, including: original INEE content related to thematic spotlights and other e-communications, as well as finding, tracking, and re-posting relevant partner content.
• Managing, tracking and reporting on member interaction on INEE’s social media platforms, and encourage use, dialogue, and growth among the broader INEE membership.
• • Developing a medium-term social media strategy and user guide.
• • Providing general support to the Coordinator for Knowledge Management and Partnerships and other members of the INEE Secretariat.
• • Coordination and organizing international meetings for INEE based on and around UN meetings
• • Event Management
May 2011 – November 2011
Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) (UNESCO) 7, Place de Fontenoy, 75352 Paris, France ;
(International Rescue Committee)122 East 42nd Street, 14th floor, New York, NY 10168
International Non-Governmental Organization
Office Administrator (G4)
• Executed divisional correspondence, mail, filing, database maintenance (CRM systems)
• Acted as a Protocol Officer for the division
• Planned events and meetings for the Intergovernmental Committee on Traditional Knowledge and Genetic Resources and the General Assembly
• Created official reference documents for the Organization for website and hard copies for delegates
• Uploaded material onto organization website
• Scheduling of workshops and seminars
• Booked venues, caterings, and lodgings for delegates and officials
• Corporate communication methods employed
August 2010 – April 2011
World Intellectual Property Organization, 34 Chemin des Colombettes, Geneva, 1211, Switzerland United Nations
Junior Policy Analyst (Communications and Social and Media Consultant)
Primarily worked in the Strategic Planning and Membership Department (External Relations) under the General Secretariat providing assistance to the Head Communication Officer. Main focus of work was for the Broadband Commission for Digital Development chaired by Mr Carlos Slim Helu.
• Managed and directed a content management system (CMS) project based on National Broadband Plans
• Worked with the programme developers to perfect the online content management system for the research
• Identified user needs and set up new computer databases. Occasionally integrated data from old systems into a new system
• Carried out the research for the project and also managed and populated the online CMS – The
Globe Tool which encompassed all the national broadband plans in a simplified user-friendly display
• Tested and coordinated modifications to the system when needed, and troubleshot problems when they occurred.
• Ensured the performance of the system, understood and redefined the platform on which the database ran.
• Added new users to the system
As a Public Relations Specialist:
• Planned and implemented communication programs such as publicity campaigns, staff communications, liaison with governments, media and the community, sponsorship and promotions and marketing campaigns.
• Created, designed and updated of social and online media such as a Facebook Page and YouTube Account
• Selected and prepared materials such as press releases, leaflets and posters, photographs, videos and illustrations to create favourable publicity.
• Commissioned or obtained photographs or other illustrative material.
• Selected written material, photographs and illustrations to create favourable publicity.
• Undertook and commissioned public opinion research, analysed the findings and planned marketing campaigns.
• Liaised and negotiated effectively with promoters of facilities and services.
• Organized special exhibitions, seminars, entertainment, competitions and social functions to promote goodwill and favourable publicity.
• Represented employers, arranged interviews with the media and attended business functions.
• Planned, implemented and evaluated fund-raising campaigns for the International Telecommunication Union (a non-profit organization)
• Solely designed and screened PowerPoint Presentations throughout the ITU in order to promote events and other important material
• Implemented social media campaigns
• Created ideas for advertising and promotion together with art directors.
• Wrote promotional material for catalogues and displays in reports.
• Wrote brochures, documents, speeches and other sales and promotional material.
As a Procurement Officer:
• Decided which products to buy placed orders and followed up delivery procedures.
• Negotiated contractual conditions and pricing with supplier.
January 2004 – October 2009
International Telecommunication Union, Place des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland
Executive Marketing & Research Admin Assistant (Under the Managing Director)
• Maintained contact databases (CRM systems)
• Sourced clients via online channels (web prospecting)
• Identified communications opportunities
• Web-marketing, client liaisons, sales and distribution
• Processed company VAT and Income TAX
• Created and distributed promotional material
• Aided the Managing Director at media events and conferences
• Duties included invoicing, data-capturing, web-prospecting (identifying communication opportunities and sourcing prospective clients), web marketing and sales, e-mail, drafting business memorandums,
• Creation of promotional material
• Distribution of promotional material via e-mail and other online channel
• Maintaining and updating contact databases, uploading material onto company website
• Oversaw and conducted B2B, B2C, and Direct Marketing Strategies successfully
June 2002 – August 2002
Bluestallion Technologies, 43 Sturdee Avenue, Rosebank, 2196, South Africa
Camp Counsellor and Activities Coordinator
• Supervised children aged 5 – 16
• Coordinated, taught and supervised physical and intellectual activities
• Promoted team-building
• Promoted international awareness and understanding
• Counselled teens in distress and taught self-confidence tactics
Camp Counsellors USA (CCUSA)
2330 Marinship Way Suite 250, Sausalito, CA 94965, USA
Bachelor of Arts (Communications and Sociology)
University of South Africa [UNISA], 2010
Mother tongue: English
Other: French, Italian, Afrikaans
Skills & Competencies
Sociable, Adaptable, Friendly, Multicultural, Responsible, Diligent, Emotionally Intelligent
Conflict Resolution Management, Knowledge Sharing, Able to work in a team or independently, Results orientated.
Developing and Empowering People / Coaching and Mentoring: Self-development, initiative-taking, quick and independent learner; ability to mentor/coach colleagues.
Demonstrated ability to carry out solid research and translate it into action-oriented outputs. Excellent organizational skills, in-depth experience with web-based information management. Self-management and Emotional intelligence: Creating synergies through self-control; sensitivity to corporate and team’s priorities, ability to manage/juggle changing priorities.
Organizational Awareness: Demonstrated knowledge of international development environment.
Typing skills are 55 WPM, all hardware capabilities including VOIP. Passed UN Administrative Test.
Fully proficient in MS Office, MAC and any software (photo-editing – Adobe Photoshop; CorelDraw, sound-editing etc.). Video editing. Desktop publishing.
Desktop Publishing, Photography; Website management and Design, Painting
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.