Over 30 years experienced starting out as a Mechanical Fitter / Turner working on some high profile projects for Nuclear and MOD sectors. I later moved into maintenance role for a high volume manufacturer and quickly advanced through to a senior level gaining many new managerial skills along the way. I operated as a self employed contractor providing on maintenance contracts for industrial equipment and won some key installation projects. Later developed and manufactured motorcycle race support vehicles.
A self-motivated, resourceful and experienced mechanical technician, who thrives on being actively involved on tangible projects and adapts quickly, with a willingness to learn new skills. Familiar with working unsociable hours or spending time away from home and easily able to relocate at short notice. Looking to continue a challenging and varied career in an engineering environment.
• Mechanical Fitter with fluent ability in the use of trade tools, fabrication and welding
• Excellent fault finding and analytical skills
• Ability to work well autonomously or in a team with proven leadership capability
• Experienced in rotating equipment, pumps, compressors, vacuum, pipework, hydraulics, pneumatics, HVAC, electrics, fire protection sprinkler systems, diesel engines, hoists, lifting platforms & cranes, slinging & rigging, bolting, Heavy plant
• Good written and verbal communication skills at all levels including customer contact
• Excellent job planning and ability to priorities workloads
• Well versed in HSE and permit protocols with the ability to work at height or confined spaces
• IT ability with MS Word, Excel, CMMS, SAP
2013 – Present Project manager of property development in Thailand whilst actively seeking full time employment and gaining offshore certification
2003-2013 Racemaster Trucks – Senior Technician
• Responsible for the design and manufacture of bespoke HGV class leisure vehicles
• Sales via consultation and comprehensive quotations to meet customer requirements
• Planning build slots and organising materials to be available when required
• Modify base vehicle to suite fabrication of GRP body to comply with road vehicle legislation
• Supply & fit interior furniture, appliances and make water, electric and gas connections Carry out proof tests and prepare for delivery
• Maintain a clean and safe environment within the workshop.
2000 – 2003 Micklegate Engineering Ltd. HIAB & Multilift – Sales Engineer 2002-2003
• Provide technical solutions, quotations and stability calculations to customer requirements
• Extensive travel meeting new and existing clients to achieve 40% increased sales
Installation & Service Technician 2000-2002
• Fabricate sub frames and assemble cranes and hook loaders. Fit hydraulic pumps and manufacture high pressure pipes to suit applications. Test and certify equipment
• Maintenance & repair throughout the South West of England via a service vehicle
• Maintain van stock and documented records and invoices
• Promote professional presentation at all times
• Observe and maintain high standards of safety on customer premises and in public areas
• Aware of risks/environmental issues working near overhead cables or on marine vessel
1997 – 2000 Ravenscroft Industrial Maintenance – Contract Mechanical Technician
• Provide maintenance, repair and installation of industrial doors, dock levelers, hoists and lifting platforms
• Safe removal and installation of plant and ancillary equipment
• Secure work through competitive quotations and detailed planning
• Provide a complete service using subcontracted labour where require
• Manage and maintain administration duties and negotiate supplier accounts
1988 – 1997 Welton Packaging Ltd. (Bowater Industries) – Facilities Manager 1995-1997
• Manage major capital projects to include a departmental factory move and new high hazard bulk solvent/ink store and deluge system and flexographic plate making department
• Factory wide makeover of existing buildings and offices
Engineering Manager 1992-1995
• Reporting to production directors I was now responsible for a 10 acre facility, 72 high volume conversion machines and supporting plant and 16 qualified personnel.
• Prepare project proposals and negotiate contracts to meet annual budgets.
• Successful introduction of factory wide planned maintenance for all key plant.
• Responsible for all contractors and issue of permits to work.
Mechanical Maintenance Chargehand (Paper & Medical Dept) 1989-1992
• Reporting to the production manager I was now responsible for 28 high volume conversion machines, supporting plant, factory buildings and 5 qualified personnel.
• Introduction of planned maintenance to Paper Dept.
• Assign daily work details and involve staff in project responsibility.
• Record weekly/monthly inspections of equipment such as Sprinklers & lifting equipment
• Maintain the stores and manage supply chain.
• Promote good workshop housekeeping and health & safety practices.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer 1988-1989
• Maintenance and repair of conversion plant and ancillary equipment.
• Carry out installation and upgrades to production plant, ancillary equipment and site facility.
• Maintain stock of duplicate spares through continued refurbishment.
• Maintain a clean & safe workshop and work to food and medical hygiene standards.
1987-1988 Ravenscroft Transport Ltd.
• HGV diesel fitter and occasional driver with HGV class 1 license.
1979 – 1987 Strachan & Henshaw Ltd.
• Comprehensive apprenticeship and work experience in: Fitting, turning, general machining, welding, tool room, clean room, plus rigging, slinging and crane operation.
• Assemble complex build projects from detailed drawings for nuclear power stations, submarine torpedo systems and motorway bridge access gantries. Carry out tests to inspection pass off and ready items for mobilization.
• Travel to high security sites for installation assembly and final test of components.
Courses Attended & Qualifications
City & Guilds Engineering Studies of Fitting & Turning
EITB Mechanical Fitting
Working at heights and confined spaces
Pendant & Radio Control Crane Operation
Arch, MIG, TIG and gas gutting & welding
Hydraulic bolt torqueing
Reach & Counterbalance Fork Truck
Management of Maintenance
Computer Literacy & Information Technology
First Aid at Work Valid to 5th March 2016 (St Johns Ambulance)
Medical Certificate of Fitness for Offshore Work valid from 3rd June 2013 to 2nd June 2015
BOSIET Certificate valid from 21st June 2013 to 20th June 2017
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.