1. A dynamic professional on the verge of getting Ph.D. Degree in Sound and Vibration (Expected in December 2015).
2. Ample experience in Designing, Modeling, Simulation and Testing of problems on Sound and Vibration.
3. 3+ years of experience in Noise and Vibration experimental measurement and testing and 4+ years of experience in Noise and Vibration simulation.
4. Worked as Team Leader leading a team of M.Sc. Engineers.
5. Willing to relocate.
A dynamic professional, at the verge of getting Ph.D. Degree in Sound and Vibration (Expected in December 2015).
Ample experience in on Designing, Modeling, Simulation and Testing of problems on Sound and Vibration.
3+ years of experience in Noise and Vibration experimental measurement and testing and 4+ years of experience in Noise and Vibration simulation.
Have worked with Machinery and Vibro-Acoustics group of Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT) for little over three years, in collaboration with various European Institutes.
Myself is self-motivated, committed and determined in arriving at my goals. Also, demonstrated ability to complete multiple assignments in time and acquire new knowledge and skills quickly.
Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to work independently as well as in a team. In my most recent job, I was working as a Team Leader leading a team of M.Sc. Engineers.
Qualifications & Education
• Dates: From November 2008 (Degree Expected December 2015)
• Name of institution: Aalto University School of Science and Technology
• Principal subjects: Acoustics and Vibration
• Title of qualification awarded: PhD
• Dates: July 2004 to July 2006
• Name of institution: Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, India
• Principal subjects: Mechanical Engineering
• Title of qualification awarded: Master of Technology
• Cumulative Performance Index (CPI): 8.37/10
• Dates: July 1999 to April 2003
• Name of institution: University of College of Engineering, Burla, India
• Principal subjects: Mechanical Engineering
• Title of qualification awarded: Bachelor of Eng:
• Percentage marks 69.95%
Dates: April 2012 to April 2013
Name and address of employer: VJ Coresoft Pvt. Ltd., India
• Type of business or sector: Engineering Simulation
• Occupation or position held: Team Leader (Leading a team of M.Sc Engineers)
• Main activities and responsibilities: Was responsible to lead a team Engineers to solve problems related to sound and vibration of various Automotive Industries using the Noise and Vibration, and Vibro-Acoustics modules of LMS Virtual Lab, and writing online technical help files for LMS Virtual Lab.
• Dates: August 2011 to February 2012
• Name and address of employer: Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
• Type of business or sector: Academic Institute
• Occupation or position: held Project Engineer
• Main activities and responsibilities: Managed to build a Virtual Lab for Mechanical Vibration to provide a complete Learning Management System for students to avail the various tools for learning, additional web-resources, video-lectures, animated demonstrations etc.
• Dates: October 2007 to December 2010
• Name and address of employer: Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT)
• Type of business or sector: Research and Development
• Occupation or position held: Research Scientist
• Main activities and responsibilities: My job was to Model, Simulate and Test the Structural Mass Actuators which can reduce vibration of Firewall and indirectly reduce the low frequency sound inside the car cabin.
• Pulse analyzer, Active damping device, Sound level meter, Accelerometer, Shaker etc. of Bruel & Kjaer.
• LMS Scadas system, Laser scanning vibrometer, Test in semi-anechoic chamber.
• Applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer and several email packages.
• Operating Systems: Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7.
• Programming Languages: MATLAB, Mathematica.
• Software Packages: SolidWorks, LMS Virtual Lab, COMSOL Multiphysics.
• Analytical and experimental techniques in sound and vibrations, Vibro-acoustic Modeling, Noise radiation and propagation prediction using FEM/BEM techniques, Time and frequency response analysis, Modal analysis, Acoustic-fluid-structure interaction.
Scholarship for PhD study from National Graduate Program in Engineering Mechanics, Finland.
Submitted one Invention Disclosure at VTT which was approved.
Awarded Marie Curie Fellowship by the European Union to work on a European project.
Awarded the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) Govt. of India fellowship during M.Tech course.
Secured Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) score of 95.4 percentile (2003) and of 97.55 percentile (2004).
1. Parametric instability regions of three layered soft-cored sandwich beam using higher order theory (“Journal of Sound and Vibration 304 (2007) 326-344”).
2. Parametric instability regions of a soft and magneto rheological elastomer cored sandwich beam (“Journal of Sound and Vibration 325 (2009) 686-704”).
3. Active attenuation of sound transmission through a soft-core sandwich panel into an acoustic enclosure using volume velocity cancellation (Accepted in “Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science”).
4. Active attenuation of sound transmission through a soft-core sandwich panel using multiple piezoelectric actuators and Reddy’s higher order theory (Accepted in “Journal of Low Frequency Noise, Vibration and Active Control”).
5. Active piezoelectric-structure acoustic control of a soft-core sandwich panel using volume velocity and a weighted sum of spatial gradient control metrics (Submitted to “Journal of Vibration and Control” on 8th of January 2015).
6. Active structural and structural-cavity control of transmitted sound through a double panel partition (Submitted to “Journal of Sound and Vibration” on 9th March 2015).
7. Active control of sound transmission through a double panel partition using volume velocity and a weighted sum of spatial gradient control metrics (Submitted to “Noise Control Engineering Journal” on 23rd March 2015).
1. Active structural acoustic control of sound power radiation from a soft-core sandwich panel (Inter.Noise 2014 Conference, Melbourne (Peer reviewed article).
2. Active control of sound transmission through soft-cored sandwich panels using volume velocity cancellation (166th Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America in San Francisco, 2013).
3. Active control of sound radiation from a rectangular plate subjected to a line moment and plane wave (“Internoise – 2010 Conference, Lisbon, Portugal).
4. Elastic Mass Actuator (based on simulation) concept for sound transmission loss increase of panel like structures (ISMA – 2008 Conference, Leuven, Belgium).
5. Elastic Mass Actuator (based on modeling) concept for sound transmission loss increase of panel like structures (Inter Noise – 2008 Conference, Sanghai, China).
6. Parametric instability regions of sandwich beams with various softcore and skin materials using higher order theory (ICCMS – 2006 Conference, India).
7. Parametric instability regions of three layered soft-cored sandwich beam using higher order theory (ISTAM – 2005 Conference, India).
I enjoy current affairs and travelling. I love to play and watch cricket match and was a member of the University Cricket Club. Also, like to be involved in social work and raising money for charity events.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.