An experienced Turbine mechanical Engineer with over 6 year experience on various type of turbine
Federal University of Technology Owerri [FUTO] Nigeria
Qualification: M.B.A. Project Management (In view).2011
Enugu State University of Science and Technology
Qualification: B. Eng. Mechanical and Production Engineering (2006).
Baptist High School Port Harcourt
Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) (2000)
CORE SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
Experienced Gas and Steam Turbine maintenance Engineer for GE, Alstom.
Sound maintenance and planning skills.
Appointed PTW administrator as PTW Holder for maintenance management.
Excellent maintenance troubleshooting and fault analysis skills.
Specific maintenance skills for GE LM6000 PD, Alstom 13E2.
Good technical skills on Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) projects of Power Plants.
Maintenance of Gas station equipment including Filter separators, scrubbers, pressure reducing stations, Gas Heaters.
General workshop fabrication.
Implementation of equipment maintenance strategy to ensure plant availability.
Attend technical, HSE, Audit meeting.
Skills from planned Outage Projects:
– Coordination of planned major and minor inspections of Gas Turbine plant
– Manpower Scheduling and resource management
– Overall Administration of Mechanical Team
– Major and Minor overhauls of Gas Turbines.
– Responsible for the general Mechanical maintenance of GE LM6000PD at Aba IPP
– Development of Mechanical Method Statement on all Mechanical equipment a t Aba IPP
– Inventory management.
– Man power scheduling and site preparations.
– Servicing and maintenance of Pumps and Compressors.
– Preventive, corrective, root cause analysis for breakdown and turnaround maintenance of Gas Turbine plant.
– Preparation of Mechanical Monthly Technical report.
– Inspection and replacement of air intake filters for Gas Turbines.
– Inspection and maintenance of Gas Turbine combustion chamber exhaust diffuser and turbine compressor.
– Routine and preventive maintenance of lube oil system, oil and water coolers.
– Servicing and maintenance of pressure vessels.
– Servicing, maintenance and calibration of Valves & Actuators.
– Repair and servicing of Jacking, power, hydraulic pumps.
– Repair and maintenance of Oil Purifier
– Repair and servicing of Air Compressors.
– Repair and servicing of fans, blowers.
– Repair and maintenance of Air Cooled Condenser and Closed Cooling Water Systems
– Maintenance of Heat Recovery Steam Generator
– Repair and Maintenance of Chemical Dosing Systems
– Maintenance of Sprint system
– Maintenance of water wash system
– Maintenance of the Chiller System
– Maintenance and servicing of the hydraulic starter system.
PROJECT: Geometric Power Aba 141MW Plant LM6000PD
PERIOD: 15th April 2013 till date.
ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (Team Lead)
The Aba 188MW plant is a privately owned company by Geometric power.
My responsibilities in the operation and maintenance of the Aba 188MW plant include the following,
• Manage Mechanical Maintenance department (People and Materials engaged in this department).
• Responsible for all plant Mechanical Maintenance.
• Increase the availability and averts unforeseen technical and unintended consequences
• Ensuring that Technicians operate within the standard operating practices of their field of work area by showing key characteristics and playing critical role that augments the overall personnel and machinery safety.
• Providing a realistic and result oriented proven quality control plan, from active to proactive.
• Displaying a keen whit, always establishing a measurable goal to housekeeping, focusing on the future and crises prevention. Indicating approach emphasizing defects prevention at every opportunity during daily housekeeping.
• Assist the Maintenance Manager in the preparation of departmental and Facility budgets.
• Ensures the technical and procedural correctness of ICT, Mechanical Maintenance plans and programs.
• Establishing of Mechanical Maintenance Training Program.
• Establishing of goals for the Mechanical team in regards to the Employee development/Goals/Program.
• Working alongside with the Operations Team Leader during outage planning and execution.
• Interacting with various equipment and service Vendors/ stake holders.
• Responsible for the compliance with all Federal, Local, Corporate safety and environmental policies in accordance with the HSE team.
• Preparation of technical reports.
• Development of all mechanical Maintenance Procedures.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE EMPLOYER: Alstom Thermal Services
PROJECT: North and West Africa
PERIOD : JULY 2011 FEB2013
ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES: Field Service Lead Engineer.
Alstom is a global OEM of Turbines. I was among the Pioneer Field service Engineers of Alstom Nigeria with a track record while working with them. My roles are primarily based in North/West Africa and I successfully carried out the following duties,
• Carrying out overhaul of Alstom 13E2 Turbines.
• Respond to emergencies on breakdown or outage on various Alstom Sites.
• Carry out Minor and Major Inspections.
• Carry out feasibility studies on prospective customers as may be assigned.
• Carry out site preparation to ensure that it meets the requirement before the arrival of the entire crew.
• Liaise with client on inspection strategy and also progress reporting.
• Ensuring the safety of all Personnel onboard.
• Mentoring of younger Engineers and local support staffs.
• Ensuring timely delivery and restoration of equipment on schedule.
EMPLOYER: NETCODIESTMANN NIGERIA COMPANY LIMITED.
PROJECT: SHELL AFAM VI 650MW CCPP.
CLIENT: SHELL GAS AND POWER INTERNATIONAL.
PERIOD:NOV 2009 TO JULY 2011.
ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES: Mechanical Engineer for Gas and Steam Turbine Maintenance, Rotating Equipment Maintenance.
Afam VI is a 650 CCPP MW owned by S.P.D.C and operated by Netcodietsmann. While working there, I was privileged to be a pioneer team member in the Mechanical Department and the following was achieved,
• Setting up of the Mechanical Maintenance Team
• Carrying out all the maintenance activities to ensure smooth operation of the Gas and Steam Turbine.
• Carry out maintenance activities of the water and waste treatment plants.
• Carrying out of housekeeping during and after working to guarantee a safe work area.
• Carry out scheduled inspections on Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Heat recovery Steam Generator, Balance of Plant, Auxiliary and Ancillary Equipment.
• Mentoring of younger Technicians.
GT 13E13 Basic Course(Alstom Switzerland)
Power plant Overview(Alstom Switzerland)
Erection Engineer basic training(Alstom Switzerland)
Rotating Equipment training(Alstom Switzerland)
Alstom International Environment, Health and Safety Passport(NEBOSH Switzerland)
Actuator/Valve maintenance & Calibration(CCI)
HRSG Design, Operation and Maintenance(DOOSAN)
Advanced Steam Turbine Operation and Maintenance (Alstom Germany) on site
• Microsoft Office skills
• EVONIK SI Maintenance Management System [CMMS SYSTEM].
Compliance to HSE and professional codes of conduct; Excellent team leading skills; ability to work in a team and own initiative.
Fluent in English and Igbo
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.