Excellent Leadership and Management skills.
16 years Administrative, Communications and Project Management experience.
Remarkable interpersonal skills, pleasant disposition and strong oral & written communication skills.
Possess a self–motivated personality, a team player; a dynamic and analytically mind and can work independently and effectively under pressure with a passion to succeed.
Resourceful, good time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet and exceed set goals.
2009- Present Communications Specialist
The World Bank, Nigeria Country Office
• Communications Strategy development and implementation for World Bank-funded Projects in Nigeria
• Providing support for the Communications, Branding and Stakeholder mobilization components of seven (7) World Bank funded projects that has a combined worth of over US$1.5 billion.
• Media Relations and Management
• Online and Social Media Management
• Corporate Communications
• Internal Communications/Training
Since I joined the World Bank, I have:
• Successfully manage the communication components of a $500 million community driven environmental project. (2014)
• Was a key member of the team that facilitated the successful and effective high profile visit of the VP Africa Region to Nigeria (January 2013) with fruitful meetings with government officials, Civil Society and the Private Sector
• Launched a successful media campaign for a Bank/DFID National Gender Policy Dialogue bringing together key NGOs, Government and other stakeholders. (August 2012)
2007 – 2009 Communications /Project Manager
British High Commission, Abuja
• Managing UK Government Bilateral Program Budget in Nigeria
• Organizing the High Commissioner’s Media Itinerary
• Managing/Overseeing the British High Commission Website
• Managing public and media inquiries through the website
• Day to day dealings with the local & international UK media
• Managing relationship with Government and other Stakeholders
• Regularly write and issue news releases to Media organisations
• Involved in planning public diplomacy policies for Nigeria
2003-2007 Head, Media & Public Affairs
British Deputy High Commission, Lagos
• Day to day dealings with the media ensuring regular flow of information.
• Arrange media and political calls for high profile visitors from the UK.
• Involved in developing Communications/Public Diplomacy Strategy.
• Monitoring political trends and developments in Nigeria
• Organizing Press Briefings & Conferences
• Liaise with NGOs and Civil Society organisations.
• Successfully launched a website for the British High Commission in Nigeria on the FCO platform
• Launched a successful media campaign for a new and more effective UK visa system in Nigeria.
2000-2003 Media & Public Affairs Officer
British Deputy High Commission, Lagos
• Day to day dealings with the local & international media
• Excellent working relationship with Non-Governmental Organisations
• Responds accurately to a high inflow of letters, emails and phone inquiries and requests daily about the UK
2000 Client Executive
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) , Lagos
• Scheduled visits to Joint Venture Partners (Mobil, Shell, Chevron, etc)
• Administrative Support
• Report Writing
1999-2000 Marketing Executive/ Public Relations Officer
P.P.I. Oil & Gas, Lagos Island
• Sourced and established productive clientele and opened up of new
• Liaised with oil exploring, oil marketing companies and manufacturing
• Report writing.
• Established A Working Relationship With The Department Of Petroleum Resources (DPR)
• Struck A Mega-Contract with an Established Textile Manufacturing Company in Lagos.
1998-1999 Administrative Executive
LAO Automobile Engineering, Lagos
• Identified new opportunities in insurance companies
• Office administration support services
• Activity development
• Recruited and selected of support services as and when needed
• Voice over
• Duty Continuity announcer
• News casting
School of Health Technology, Katsina
• Provide guidance support for student health community based services.
• Health lecturing
• Project supervision
• Remarkably Improved the Students’ Academic Performance Justified By 100% leading to Impressive Examination Results.
Pre World Bank Training
• Web Platform Training Course – Digital Diplomacy Group, Delhi, 2008
• International Communications Skills – Chartered Institute of Public Relations, London, 2008
• Website Training Course – E-Media Unit, FCO, Pretoria, 2008
• Management Skills – FCO Training, RTC, Accra, 2006
• Website Training Course – E-Media Unit, FCO, London, 2005
• Effective Communications Skills – Poise, Lagos, 2004
• Media & Public Relations Training – Foreign and Commonwealth Office, London, 2003
• Press & Public Affairs Training – British High Commission, Pretoria, 2003
• Information Management , IMG, London – British Deputy High Commission, Lagos, 2001
• Press & Public Diplomacy Strategy – British High Commission, Nairobi, 2001
• Voice Training & Communications – Association Of Voice-over Artists (AVoA), Lagos, 1999
• Effective Public Relations Techniques – P.P.I. Ltd. Lagos, 1999
2008 Chartered Institute of Public Relations, – (CIPR) London, UK
Advance Diploma in Public Relations (Ongoing)
2008 APM Group, London, UK
Prince2TM Practitioner: Project Management
1997 National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Certificate
1992-1996 University Ilorin, Nigeria
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Biochemistry
Membership of Professional Bodies
• Global Affiliate Member Chartered Institute of Public Relations, CIPR, UK
• Nigerian Institute of Public Relations – NIPR (Member)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.