A high calibre bright, talented and ambitious project manager who has the required PMP Practitioner qualifications along with comparable experience of working to the highest standards. Gerald is target driven, result oriented, and has a successful track record of exceeding project targets, within set budget and time, by effectively organising, managing and utilising all resources. He is able to lead teams on EPCI, and oil & gas projects where the highest standards are routinely demanded. Always wanting to be actively involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle, he can deliver high-value projects in matrixed organizations and across different geographies. He takes direction well and works hard to manage stakeholder expectations.
Education and Qualifications
B. Eng. Mechanical (1988-94)
University of Nigeria, Nsukka
Senior Project Engineer/Maintenance Coordinator/Operational Methods Officer (May 2012 – Present)
Responsible for coordinating and controlling a variety of divergent functional sections or Project and maintenance activities to achieve optimum profitability and effective use of the companies’ assets and human resources, within guidelines set by the general services management. Directs planning activities of the Engineers, and provide leadership and guidance on the project and maintenance administration and operation of the department.
• Implement and administer the Computerized Maintenance Management System, CMMS.
• Standardize and improve the format of all documents (SOW, CFT, etc) in use.
• Formalize and maintain a record of all project documents issued by the different Maintenance Sections.
• Ensure that the Management policies, inspection / assets integrity audit work and project program are applied in all projects, and maintenance activities
• Ensure that technical inputs required from Engineering for Cost and Schedule estimates are obtained and clarified in a timely manner.
• Lead and facilitate discussions and contribute new ideas and means to improve Maintenance in general and Preventive Maintenance in particular.
• Train and advise other Staff and Engineers to develop their organizational and technical skills.
• Maintain an update listings (Manufacturer, type, serial Number, technical documentation) of all the Equipments being under the responsibility of the W&M department.
• Schedule and Plan all Major Maintenance and project works;.
• Ensure risk management process is effectively in place and have monthly review of risks and opportunities and update of register and actions.
• Maintain a record of the project and maintenance activities (PM, repairs, New Installation).
• Maintain an inventory of project and maintenance spare parts & Supplies and follow up requisitions of parts, procurement, and supplies as needed.
Project Engineer (December 2009 – April 2012)
• Managed projects from conception to completion;
• Provided technical support to the project team of Engineers, and wider regional teams;
• Responsible for overseeing the review, initiation and execution of contracts;
• Managed project budgets and keeping costs down;
• Oversaw the maintenance of projects after completion;
• Responsible for the completion of all project documentation;
• Produced project plans and reports;
• Ensured change management process is effectively in place and have monthly review of changes and update of register;
• Prepared contract documentation for procurement services and materials;
• Evaluated tenders and provided recommendations;
• Carried out effective client liaison for all projects undertaken;
• Liaised with customers on a regular basis to ensure the successful design and completion of projects to agreed budgets and time frames;
• Acknowledged and reviewed contractor project management documents and deliverables, making sure projects are executed according to international standards;
• Carried out the HAZOP, SIL, HAZAN, HAZID, PTR analysis, study and presentations for the design projects;
• Implemented, administered, maintained operations and mechanical engineering systems and procedures to track and report project progress, budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts;
• Worked closely with environmental, operations, safety, planning, and economics during all phases of FEED, project development and execution;
• Pivotal in ensuring documentation, certifications and human resource are properly taken care of to ensure smooth operations for various stake holders;
• Acted as interface between operations and project group to ensure that operational needs and technical queries are addressed and attended to timely during project execution;
• Supported finance department, being familiar with budgetary, control, approval for expenditures, variation analysis and costing, financial/cost commitment projections and achieving their business objectives;
Project Engineer, Facilities Construction / maintenance Coordinator (Jan. 2005 –Nov2009)
Working in a fast paced team oriented and entrepreneurial environment. Managing a client portfolio and having engineering and facility construction coordinating responsibility for key EPCI.
• Developed and implemented the strategy for successful execution of all phases of Engineering Construction and Procurement Contracts for the Project;
• Obtained a project benchmark against other mega projects to confirm readiness to proceed to the Execute Phase with an adequate level of preparation;
• Ensured the Project Service owned deliverables required to be produced during the Define and Execute phases are prepared, reviewed and duly approved in line with the company standard;
• Coordinated a team of multi tasked engineering professionals for the “repairs of the 26” Trunk Pipeline project, Sara creek (Abiteye – Escravos) for ChevronTexaco”. Activities included mobilization, site preparations, lifting, excavation, cutting, grinding, welding, NDT, corrosion control, lowering of pipe, hydro testing, pressure testing, back filling, commissioning, demobilization;
• As above, headed a team of Engineering professionals for the “16” Trunk pipeline repairs project, (Makaraba – Abiteye) for ChevronTexaco unlimited”, applying all EPCI techniques / skills;
• Ccoordinated the construction of 20” x 5km Gas pipeline (Welding, Stringing and Hydro test, horizontal directional drilling) project, Ajido, Badagry, for West African Gas Pipeline, WAGP, seconded by NACARP & HORIZON;
• Part of an integrated team of engineering professionals for the “Kwale- Beneku (p1-p6-p15) 8” x 15,728.52m pipeline constructions project for Platform Petroleum Ltd,” Carried out all EPCI, hook ups, commissioning, startups activities accordingly;
• Coordinated a team of multi-tasked Engineering professionals (about 200 personnel) for the “construction and commissioning of the 10,000 BOPD flow station, process piping and associated works project, Umutu, for Platform Petroleum Ltd;
• Initiated several activities to improve overall project execution capabilities with a focus on project definition, budget, schedule and client alignment; Strictly tracked project milestones and deliverables;
• Planned and scheduled project timelines using appropriate tools;
• Coordinated / Supervised all “engineering, construction, hook ups, commissioning/start up activities for the construction of 3 x 4” x 6km schedule 40 pipeline Ossiomo 5, 6 Ologbo project, for Pan Ocean Oil Corporation;
• Continually coordinated and managed project expectations with team members and other stakeholders while liaising with project stakeholders on ongoing projects.
HSE Engineer / Officer (December 2000 – November 2003)
Responsible for ensuring the overall safety of the personnel, environment, and equipment through the enforcement of the company QHSSE policy
• Participated in facility construction reviews;
• Preparation of quarterly HSE reports;
• Formulated / developed functional and advanced HSE policies;
• Provided QHSE advisory support and effective record keeping;
• Formulated / developed annual CASHES programs in conformance with existing company policies;
• Monitored daily compliance with company CASHES policies;
• Conducted site periodic CASHES audit;
• Conducted daily toolbox and weekly HSE meetings;
• Organized fire drills for clients and staff for preparedness;
• Conducted regular training and inductions for staff;
• Planned and implemented an effective journey management program;
• Planned and implemented a more effective waste and CASHES management plan and procedures;
• Provided a high level project risk assessment, including JSA/JHA;
• Enforced the effective use of permit to work, PTW, and confined space entry permit;
• Performed other duties as assigned.
Project Engineer (November 1999 – December 2002)
Responsible for design adherence to customer SOW and specification requirements, including performance cost and schedule
• Supported and lead the Program Managers kickoff;
• Generated and maintained program SEMP;
• Conducted the program efforts in accordance with the approved program SEMP;
• Decomposed requirements and concepts for compliance to contract requirements with the help from the CE & SE;
• Insured all “engineering” tasks and documentation are scheduled and completed on time;
• Technical lead for design and performance requirements;
• Provided monthly Technical Project status and all related supports;
• Provided Lessons Learned;
• Supported program close-out. Provided day to day direction for assigned engineers;
• Responsible for hosting and leading design reviews;
• In some cases acted as the Cost Account Coordinator (CAC) for projects;
• Ensured performance to key parameters are monitored and met;
• Reviewed and approved drawings and Change Orders,
Logistics / Technical Supervisor (April 1996 – October 1999)
Responsible for coordinating and supervising a multi tasked team, and ensuring that duties are completed within strict timeframes. Developing a safe working environment by adhering to all necessary health and safety requirements and legislation.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.