I have been working for News International since 1994; I am currently responsible for planning and scheduling of newspaper and magazine production. My key responsibilities include the co-ordination of daily planning processes, systems configuration e.g. through the Editorial Management System and communication with key stakeholders including Editorial, Advertising, Marketing and the Operation Division such as print sites, logistic supply chain and contract publishers. My daily tasks include planning for press loading and integrated scheduling, forward planning, performance management and contingency planning.
Some of my key achievements at News International are as follows;
Leadership and Teamwork
• Successfully led the production planning function for publishing News International titles (circa 4m copies daily) across 5 national print sites in collaboration with senior management of cross-functional team from Logistics, Sales and Marketing, Commercial and Editorial.
• Identified product enhancement opportunities for Direct to Retail logistic development programme;this created provided flexible delivery of approximately 100,000 newspapers every night.
• Led The Sun sales growth innovation project, looking at new initiative to increase the circulation by approximately £100,000 copies daily.
Strategic Problem Solving and Project Management
• Led The Sun TV Magazine printing and insertion project; this was a £7.4m investment by News International with a potential annual saving of £3m.
• Managed the introduction of the Telegragh printing process at three News International printed sites with a valued annual income of £16m.
• A part of the planning team managing the transition of the printing of 4 national newspapers relocated to new print sites; this was a £600m project.
• Recognised the need to monitorand standardise the news-print production & procurement schedule and processes and negotiated the most profitable invoice quotes for re-ordering supplies
• Carried out research on News International’s Supply Chain Carbon Emission recommended change initiatives that will reduce cost and enhance company reputation.
• Developed a re-design of the print site warehouse for newsprint stock monitoring; this achieved an enhanced stock control.
Sept. 2011 Masters in Business Administration (MBA Executive)
Dec. 2012 London Metropolitan University, London N7
Sept. 2009 Diploma in Management (DMS)
June. 2010 London South Bank University, London SE1
Sept. 2000 Certificate in Management (CIM)
June. 2001 Henley Business College, Oxfordshire RG9
Sept. 1990 BTEC National Diploma in Business & Finance
June. 1992 Tower Hamlets College, London E14
News International , United Kingdom
News International is the UK news print division of News Corporation and publishes market leading brands: The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun. News Corp is the second largest global media conglomerate in the world.
Successfully led the production planning function for publishing News International titles (circa 4m copies daily) across 5 national print sites in collaboration with a senior management cross-functional team from Logistics, Sales and Marketing, Commercial and Editorial.
Accomplished track-record of significant project delivery: National TV Magazine Launch, News International Supply Chain Carbon- Study, Print-Site warehouse re-design.
Monitored and standardised the news-print production & procurement schedule and processes and negotiated the most profitable invoice quotes for re-ordering supplies
News International Work History
July. 1998 Assistant Operation Planning Manager
To date -Coordinate printing and distribution of newspapers.
-Prepare weekly KPI reports for Senior Mangement
-Monitor print site performance
July. 1997 Production Administrator
July. 1998 -Prepared weekly Newsprint consumption statements for Production Director.
-Checked and approve invoices for payments for accounts department.
-Investigate unusual variances in production performance for Production Director.
Sept. 1996 Advertising Financial Analyst
July. 1997 -Produced advertising Performance report against competitors for General Managers. –Collated Weekly Advertising Revenue Statistics for Advertising Director
-Forecast weekly advertising revenue for Chairman of the Board.
Aug. 1995 Capital Expenditure Analyst
Sept.1996 -Processed Capital Expenditure request for CFO
-Prepared Monthly Capital Expenditure pack for Directors and Executives.
-Prepared Monthly Cashflow Statement for the Treasury department.
Feb. 1994 Head Office Finance Assistant
Aug.1995 -Maintained Head Office costs and head counts,
-Produced finance report for Board of Directors,
-Collated News International Profit & Loss Pack for Directors and Executives.
Other Project Management experiance
1999 Managing Director – MCR Radio, London
Set up and developed the MCR community radio station broadcasting across the world with approximately 50, 000 listeners.
2005 Project Manager – Community Fair, London
Manage the project team to deliver the annual one day Community Event, which attracts over 15,000 audience every year.
2011 Project Manager – Eid Souk, London
Manage the project team to deliver a first of a kind three day shopping festival in London, attracting over 20,000 shoppers.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.