I am applying for Electrical Engineer. Now-a-days, I am working for Power Project, as an Electrical Engineer Project. The main roles and responsibilities are -coordinating the authority for planning, organization, and assessment of engineering projects within a specific area of assigned responsibility. Previously, I have worked in Gul Ahmed Energy Limited as an Electrical Engineer where I was responsible for Operation and Maintenance of Plant Electrical equipment with conjunction with Wartsila team.
I have completed Bachelor of Electrical Engineering from NED University of Engineering & Technology. I have also completed Post Graduate Diploma in Health, Safety & Environment from Pakistan Institute of Quality Control.
Electrical Engineer Project in Gul Ahmed Wind Power Limited (Jan 2012 – Present)
Gul Ahmed Wind Power Ltd. is a subsidiary of Gul Ahmed Energy Ltd.; the company is setting up 50MW power plant. My current role and responsibilities include:
• Co-ordination with EPC Contractors (onshore & offshore) and NTDC on technical matters.
• Co-ordination with Electrical grid expert (Power Planner International) for grid related issues.
• Understanding of the design and methods of implementation for the installation of Power Plant along with 132/22 KV GIS Substation.
• Have thorough understanding of the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), Agreement for Engineering, Construction, Operation & Maintenance, and Agreement for Procurement and Supply of equipment.
• Coordinate with the International Finance Corporations (IFC) on Technical Due Diligences, Social & Environmental Action Plans, Social compliance and Monitoring reports.
• Internal coordination to ensure timely submission of contractor’s requirement, including wind data, technical and general documentation etc.
• Evaluation of the design work and reports according to the international standards.
• Responsible for the completion of all documentation.
• Supervising, managing and supporting the team members.
Electrical Engineer in Gul Ahmed Energy Limited (Jan 2011 – Dec 2011)
Gul Ahmed Energy Ltd. is a Thermal Power Plant in Karachi with a capacity of 136 MW. My Job Responsibilities were:
• Worked in conjunction with Wartsila maintenance team for equipment required maintenance activities and schedule overhauls.
• Routine checks of SF-6 type Circuit Breakers, PLC panels, Synchronizing panels, protection system and various control systems and equipment.
• Responsible for operation and maintenance of the following equipment.
i. Engine 18V46 x 9, Wartsila – Finland
ii. Generator 15 MW, ABB Industry
iii. 11/132 KV Transmission and Distribution lines
iv. HT/ LT Motors
v. Main Transformer (63MVA, 11/132KV)
vi. Switch Gears, ABB Industry
vii. Substations Medium Voltage, LV and control panels
viii. Condition Monitoring of Motors, Generator & Purifiers
• Prepared various reports for maintaining record and to acknowledge authorities in case of any abnormality, isolation and tripping.
• To co-ordinate with National Grid network shift Personal regarding Transmission line isolation / shutdown as per load management.
• Load management as per the demand and production.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS
• Monthly HSE walk down of different plant areas.
• Participate in the housekeeping activities.
• Participate in the safety talks and safety sessions for awareness.
• To ensure the status of the fire extinguishers in the plant assigned area on the monthly basis.
• Participate in the Firefighting training sessions to cope up with the emergency situation if arises in the plant.
Internee in Bin Qasim Power Plant (Karachi Electric Supply Co.) (Winter 2009)
Bin Qasim is the largest plant in the KESC Network in terms of installed capacity. It has a total of six units and each capable of generating 210MW. My tasks during internship included:
• Accomplished one week Orientation Program at the Plant including the Operation, Maintenance, Warehouse, and HSE department.
• Learned about boiler, steam turbine, HV /MV switchgear, power transformers, LV switchgear etc.
Bachelor of Engineering – Electrical Engineering 3.4 CGPA
NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi Dec. 2010
Intermediate – Pre Engineering 82.5%
Govt. Dehli Science College, Karachi
Matriculation – Science 81%
Jauhar Public School, Karachi
PROFESSIONAL COURSES AND WORKSHOPS
Post Graduate Diploma
• “Health, Safety & Environment”, certified from Pakistan Institute of Quality Control
• “Power System Analysis” , from NED University of Engineering & Technology
• “Electrical Power Distribution System Engineering”, from NED University of Engineering & Technology
• “Electrical Power Transmission Engineering” , from NED University of Engineering & Technology
• “Project Management” certified from Pakistan Engineering Council
• “Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)”, certified from Skill Development Council
LANGUAGES, SOFTWARES & ACTIVITIES
Languages : Urdu (mother tongue), English (working knowledge)
Software : Matlab, MSOffice, AutoCAD, MS project
REN Software : Windographer, WindPro, WaSP, ArcGIS
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.