I'm the holder of a Master’s in International Management with distinction. I have a wealth of Knowledge in marketing, sales, human resource management and safety. Also I have excellent oral and written communication skills, superior customer service talent, computer savvy, and the ability to work well under pressure. I am an ardent learner that loves to be challenged.
Fire Fighter (Full Time)
September 2005 to Present
Ministry of National Security, Scarborough
My experience as a firefighter has made me more appreciative of the importance of time. This means therefore that to me deadlines are of utmost importance and as such all the necessary efforts will be devoted into ensuring that deadlines are met. Working in the Fire Service has also exposed me to safety and safety practices. This in turn can prove highly beneficial to your organization.
The functions this job includes but not limited to the following:
• INITIAL RESPONSE TO INCIDENTS: Tasks occurring between the receipt of an alarm and initial firefighting or emergency scene activities.
• WATCH DUTIES: Stands watch to receive incoming alarms and information, answers phones, and monitors access to the station house.
• ON-SCENE COMMUNICATION: Communicates at the emergency scene to ensure appropriate coordination of apparatus and personnel.
• DRIVING: Drives apparatus (truck, ambulance, etc.) to and from and positions apparatus at emergency scene.
• PUMP OPERATIONS: Connects or hooks up apparatus to fire hydrant and operates pumps to supply water in appropriate pressure and volume – using couplings, hoses, spanner wrenches, and other tools.
• RESCUE: Assists, hoists, carries or drags victims from emergency area by means of interior access (stairs, hallways, etc.) or, if necessary, by ladders, fire escapes, or other means of escape – using rescue harnesses, ropes, backboards and other equipment. Extricates victims from vehicles, aircraft, cave-ins, collapsed buildings or other entrapments in order to save lives – using shovels, torches, drills, pry bars, saws, jacks, jaws, air bags, and other equipment.
• INSPECTION OF BUILDINGS AND FIRE PROTECTION DEVICES: Inspects building for fire prevention/hazardous materials code violations or hazards on a periodic basis or during the course of their activities. Inspects alarms, hydrants, sprinkler systems, and standpipe systems for operational use.
• PUBLIC RELATIONS: Engages in activities which have an impact on the department’s image in the community. Such activities include providing information to the media, providing assistance and support to civilians seeking help or information, and giving presentations to community groups and other members of the public.
The candidates also has experience outside of the Fire Service, details supplied on request.
University of Liverpool, 2010-2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Master’s International Management (Distinction)
I earned the relevant knowledge as well as the confidence needed in order to be successful in this ever changing modern economy. The program offered an in-depth insight into what is required for an organization to be successful in today’s environment. I received immense knowledge in areas such as Fundamentals of Communication, Strategic Sales, Retail Marketing, Organizational Learning & Development, Management of Strategic Operations, Managing Finance, Managing in a Multicultural Context, Economics for Management, International Business and Emerging Markets, Marketing Management and Strategic Organization.
Trinidad and Tobago Fire Service (2012)
Fire Prevention/OSH Compliance
On this course I attained extensive knowledge in building construction, drafting, laws and regulations codes of practice relating to occupational safety and health in Trinidad and Tobago, fire investigation, court room procedures, emergency action plans, safety management systems evaluation, electrical safety basics, confined space safety, safety supervision and leadership and OSH record keeping.
Institution of Fire Engineers London, 2006-2009
London, United Kingdom
Diploma Fire Engineering Fire Engineering
My studies with this institution enabled me to achieve a Level 3 Diploma. The course required that I display competence in four main areas, namely; Fire Safety, Aero Studies, Fire Engineering Science and Human Resource Management. This in turn allowed me to carry the post nominal GIFireE which means Graduate of Fire Engineers.
Trinizuela Technical Institute 2003-2004
Scarborough, Trinidad and Tobago
Computer Technology, Business and Safety
I attended this institution for one (1) year where I obtained certification in Micro Computer Technology, Health and Safety-(Hazardous Materials) and Business Management.
Signal Hill Senior Comprehensive 1998-2003
Scarborough, Trinidad and Tobago
I attended this institution for five (5) years. I obtained Six (6) CXC O’ Level passes which included Mathematics, English, Social Studies, Geography, Principles of Business and Physics.
Having graduated from the Institution of Fire Engineers at the tender age of twenty-three (23) it meant I was the youngest person in the history of the Trinidad and Tobago Fire Service to be qualified for the rank of Assistant Chief Fire Officer (ACFO). Also in my seven years of being employed by the Trinidad and Tobago Fire Service; I am yet to record one day sick leave.
Young Professionals Network (Institution of Fire Engineers)
The group was created to:
• Unite young professionals working in fire engineering
• Develop links within the profession
• Promote fire engineering
• Share information and discuss current issues
• Provide advice on IFE membership and Engineering Council registration
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.