Intern at Biomedical Research Centre supporting the ongoing projects, providing technical laboratory support work.
Lab Assistant - ‘To determine the epidemiology and molecular etiology of Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy.
Highly numerate and IT literate student with strong emphasis on team-working.
Volunteered for many breast cancer awareness programmesassisted in filling the questioners and registering the patients for further genetic counselling.
Education And Qualifications
Premasters Graduate Certificate in Computing and Technology (Jan-June 2014)
London Metropolitan University
BSc (Hons) in Medical Genetics (Oct2011-July2013)
University of Leicester,UK
Certificate course in Medical and Reproductive Genetics (India. 2009-2011)
Maharashtra University of Heath Sciences
Diploma in Software Engineering ( 2006-2009)
National Institute of Information Technology
BSc Statistics (One Year) (2005-2006)
Intern at Biomedical Research Centre supporting the ongoing projects by providing technical laboratory support work (June 2014)
Department of Twins Research, Kings College London
St.Thomas’ Hospital Campus, Rayne Institute
• Sample handling: receipt , collection, delivery from / to clinical areas from within the Trust, and processing, archiving and retrieval of samples.
• Followed the SOP’s related to routine twin visits.
• Spin down blood samples and aliquot them into micro-centrifuge for freezer storage .
• Handled blood, urine, saliva, hair and fecal samples.
• Perform DNA extraction from blood.
• Quantification and quality analysis of extracted DNA by using spectrophotometer.
• Conduct all sample testing in accordance with all safety guidelines and with the proper use of personal protective equipment and devices.
• Handling safely samples stored on liquid nitrogen and dry ice
• Use the computer systems to facilitate sample processing, particularly LIMS.
• Keep accurate laboratory records
Lab Assistant for the project ‘To determine the epidemiology and molecular etiology of Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy in Western Maharashtra’ (June 2010 to June 2011)
Department of Genetics, Immunology, Biochemistry and Nutrition
Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Pune.
• Performed the protocol for DNA isolation, PBMC isolation (Silica method).
• Observed and studied Miller’s protocol.
• Labeling and storing the blood samples of the families.
• Performed PCR and Gel Electrophoresis and SDS page for the DNA samples.
• Gel Documentation.
• Operated and maintained laboratory instruments including thermal cycler, Real-time thermal cycler and gel documentation system.
• Ordered and maintained laboratory stocks.
‘To establish a suitable cell line as a model to identify biomarkers for radiation induced heart disease in left-sided breast cancer patients (June 2012 to Jan 2013)
University of Leicester, Cancer biomarkers and prevention department, Dr. Julian Barwell
• Implemented Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP).
• Gained experience in tissue culture techniques: Maintenance of cardiomyocyte cell lines, cell isolation and cryogenic preservation.
• Microscopy Imaging techniques : Fluorescent microscope (Olympus Fluorescence BH2 microscope) and TMS-F Inverted Research Phase Microscope.
• Observed the passaging techniques for malignant melanoma cell lines (MUM2C).
• Employed Pantak therapax X-ray machine to perform the irradiation of cells.
• Cell counting with hemocytometer and.
• Successfully investigated the cellular mechanisms- induction of apoptosis in cardiomyocyte cell lines by implementing assays like Annexin-V/PI and FACScan.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.