I began my career with the 2011 Canada Games. My time there taught me how to build trusted working relationship with all twenty-six sponsors that I managed and how to plan and implement highly visible, large scale plans. My role was a massive success that saw tremendous sponsorship engagement and record breaking sales. I then moved to London to work on Sainsbury’s sponsorship of the London 2012 Paralympic Games. I was able to leverage my past experience to successfully manage the largest ever Paralympic consumer ticket promotion that gave 10,000 customers a chance to experience the 2012 Paralympic Games. To further enhance my leadership and technical skills, I invested in my career by enrolling in the full-time MBA programme at the Rotterdam School of Management (Erasmus University).
2011-2012 SPORTSMARK EUROPE LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Account Coordinator – Client: Sainsbury’s London 2012 Paralympic Hospitality Program
• Dedicated to Sainsbury’s Paralympic sponsorship, responsible to plan and implement ticket allocations, registration websites and guest registration process.
• End-to-end fulfilment of the largest ever Paralympic consumer promotion to include building client relations, supervising of support staff and upholding service standards.
• Created winning packages for over 12,000 consumers to include Paralympic tickets, travel, accommodations and gifts.
• Planned key aspects of staff incentive program that gave 5000 Sainsbury’s employees a chance to experience the Paralympic Games to include ticket allocations, transportation plans and internal communications.
• Negotiation of program contract between SportsMark and Sainsbury’s to include payment terms, legal consultation and stakeholder engagement.
• Development of promotional material that included the 3000 mail out packages with information booklets, cardholders, limited edition pin, and box.
2011 GREAT ORMOND STREET HOSPITAL LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Marketing Coordinator – Grants
• Developed marketing material to include copy writing, information gathering, and document editing.
• Maintained a detailed and accurate excel list of projects available for funding and projects that have been sponsored by donors.
• Coordinated donor recognition plaques for the hospital’s new intensive care wing.
2008-2011 HALIFAX 2011 CANADA GAMES HOST SOCIETY HALIFAX, CANADA
Marketing and Sponsorship Coordinator
• Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Sponsorship, acted as the day-to-day contact for all twenty-two top-tier sponsors and managed the ticketing program for all sport and cultural events.
• Developed and managed the ticketing program that generated $1,250,000 (CDN) in net sales, exceeding the target by 25% and breaking the all-time ticket revenue mark.
• Liaised with twenty-two sponsors who committed up to $1,400,000 (CDN) and built strong working relationships that allowed for robust activation programs throughout the Games. Sponsors included Deloitte, Subaru, Coca-Cola, Xerox, CBS Outdoors, among others.
• Managed two separate three-day sponsorship conferences that welcomed over fifty sponsorship representatives; allowing them to learn about the Games, network with fellow sponsors and experience local hospitality.
• Development and research for over 100 sponsorship pitches to include promotional material, multimedia presentation and company value propositions.
2013 ROTTERDAM SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT ROTTERDAM, NETHERLANDS
Masters of Business Administration, Concentration: Finance
2004-2008 SAINT MARY’S UNIVERSITY HALIFAX, CANADA
Bachelor of Commerce, Concentration: Marketing
Leadership: • Volunteered as President of the Board of Directors for Nova Scotia’s largest childcare organization with over 300 children in its care across five locations with over 60 staff members. The position included overseeing the Board, chairing monthly meetings and signing off on strategic planning and annual budget.
• Elected as Chairman by fellow students to lead our schools participation at the annual ‘MBA Olympics’ held in Paris. The position included organizing logistics for 115 students, communicating key information and motivating team performance
Analytical: • Conducted a consulting project for Vanderlande Industries as part of the MBA curriculum. Tasks included developing problem hypothesis, analysing market information and conducting client interviews.
• Second place finish in the Business Policy (Strategy) event at Canadian Inter-Collegiate Business Competition (ICBC) that saw top schools from across Canada compete over various business competitions.
• Completed consulting project for a local restaurant that produced a two-year marketing plan by analysing market conditions, pricing and advertising.
• Team member of a group that successfully negotiated with union representatives to create two collective bargaining agreements within budget and without any work stoppages.
• Delivered over 20 presentations as part of the MBA to communicate key concepts and engage audiences.
• Worked in school teams with individuals from over 20 different nationalities
• Worked as part of the logistics team that saw the successful planning and movement of 5,000 Sainsbury’s staff members in one day at the Olympic Park
• Member of recruitment team that interviewed and hired over 1,000 part-time staff for various Olympic sponsor staffing roles.
Volunteer: • Elected as President, Board of Directors, St. Joseph’s Children’s Centre
• Elected as Chairman to lead school team at the annual ‘MBA Olympics’
• Second place finish in ICBC, Business Policy (Strategy) case competition (2008)
• Recipient of $12,000 Homburg International Mobility Scholarship (2006)
Interests: • Lifetime sports fanatic, Self-proclaimed amateur chef, Cultural Explorer
Technical: • Fully adept in Microsoft and iOS working environments
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Intermediate user of analysis software including PrecisionTree, StatsTools and @Risk
• Active user of social media including Facebook and Twitter, LinkedIn and Klout
• Knowledge of project management tools
• Understanding of Microsoft Access and databases
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.