A GREEN BELT SIX SIGMA AND PRINCE2 QUALIFIED LOGISTICS OPERATIONS & PROJECTS MANAGER, WITH VAST EXPERIENCE DEVELOPED IN THE DEMANDING ENVIRONMENT OF THE ROYAL AIR FORCE. HIGHLY MOTIVATED, RESULTS ORIENTATED, USED TO PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT, DECISION MAKING, AND THRIVES UNDER PRESSURE. AN ADAPTABLE, VERSATILE, AND CONFIDENT LEADER THRIVES WORKING AS PART OF A TEAM AND AUTONOMOUSLY. ABLE TO COMMUNICATE AT ALL LEVELS BOTH WRITTEN AND ORALLY..
Qualifications And Training
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
SC Clearance Valid till August 2020
National CPC Holder
Qualified MJDI Computer System Operator (Management of Joint Deployed Inventories, Pilot Operational Capability)
Qualified to transport Dangerous Goods by Air, Surface and Sea (CAA)
NVQ – Logistics Storage & Warehousing Distribution
Category C – Heavy Goods Vehicle Licence
GCSE’S in English, Mathematics, Science, IT and French
• Applying lean production and improvement methodologies to operational problems in service delivery.
• Experienced leadership, motivational and team working.
• Project management & delivery to ensure continuous improvement within change management.
• Solutions design with in logistics operations incorporating Supply Chain & Warehousing.
• Experience in procurement and contract management.
• Transport Fleet Management, driver & vehicle policies in accordance with VOSA and International regulations
• Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and databases.
• The ability to plan and organise work schedules.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Works well under pressure and meets deadlines.
• Strong decision-making skills.
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
• Project Manager, working alongside the company Health and Safety department to identify issues within the warehouse using lean tools. Identified a fault in the flooring resulting in accidents. With stakeholder management, worked with project board to authorise replacement of flooring therefore negating further risk to Individuals.
• Using Six Sigma methodology, I had identified more efficient and quality minded waste disposal systems within the business operational landscape, these involved removing part of the processes that were in place and establish new contracts. The result was time, money and manpower savings by 50%.
• Using Lean Tool DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve & Control), the project team found vast wastes and variations within processes and contractor management, so through stakeholder management, SME and customer focused ‘brainstorming’ significant steps were made and a new, streamlined process. The efficient running of an asset Contract Repair System, an independent Contract & Logistics Control Hub was created that now only comprises of 5 personnel instead of 8 and acts as a logistics focal point for all contract items both vehicle and aircraft.
Conduit Logistics Ltd May 2014 – Present
• Security Cleared Logistics for Select Services Ltd, Vertex IT Solutions and the Ministry of Justice.
• Project Manager for Instaprise Solutions Ltd, incorporating Lean tools and Six Sigma methods in Logistics & Supply Chain Sectors.
IKEA – Feb 2014 – May 2014
Warehouse Operations Team Leader
• Responsible for 30 permanent and temporary staff in a Unionised environment.
• Communicate & Liaise with transport and business navigation on management of 3PL Contracts, as well as interpersonal communication on proposals and contract rollout.
• On the day to day logistics and warehousing operations, I effectively manage the people and equipment resources available to the shift in order to achieve the target plan in an efficient and accurate manner.
• Ensure all staff maintains a high level of quality alongside high levels of productivity.
• Through productivity and quality analysis, I ensure all staff maintains high levels through training and a multi skill set function. This ensures the correct items get to the customer in the right place, at the right time and in the best condition.
• Responsible for negotiation and procurement of packaging & special articles for the safe transit of goods to customers.
Royal Air Force – 2007 – Feb 2014
Supply Chain Projects Team Leader
• Responsible for 12 Staff establishing and maintaining a Forward Delivery Section, providing a supply chain process department for all customers and contractors on station.
• Logistics Focal Point for UK and Overseas departments for logistics requirements and asset progression.
• Responsible for the external receipt & despatch of assets to military and civilian contractors, also to internal customers across local departments.
• Supply Control & Accounting department, working as Discrepancy Reports Clerk and inventory manager, responsible for the investigation of MOD ‘Misplaced’ assets and if irretrievable, financially analyse the potential loss and submit findings to senior management team.
2004 – 2007
Logistics & Supply Chain Warehousing Supervisor/Manager
• Selected for knowledge, experience and adaptability, as Logistics & Warehousing Supervisor; responsible for the supervision of 20 staff required to maintain stock levels of aircraft spares and also the procurement of assets from UK whilst deployed worldwide.
• Working in Technical Stores, responsible for the issue turn round, receipt & storage of items ranging from ground to support equipment to domestic supplies and air support kit.
• Stock control and reports management of readily available stock civilian agencies & 3PL into the procurement & distribution of high value/ classified assets.
• Establishing & maintaining effective relationships with contractors & 3PL providers.
• Maintained classified assets embodied into aircraft whilst in maintenance.
• Prime Equipment & Packing Section: Preparing all assets prior to military aircraft deployment, a 14 day service pack up consisting of aircraft spares, stock records and consumable assets.
• Fuels & Lubricants: Ensuring the safe storage of hazardous substances, maintaining tank levels of aircraft fuel and also quality of fuel i.e. laboratory testing and blending of ice inhibitor.
• Clothing Stores: Maintaining stock levels and serviceable condition of all clothing, also issue the personal issue of clothing prior to commencement of projects.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.