A proactive, dedicated and fully committed team member with proven transport management skills, experience and demonstrable success gained from a career spanning 11 years working for some of the UK’s leading transport and logistics companies, successfully progressing from a LGV/HGV driver to a supervisory planning position; a resilient, strong and efficient leader combining excellent interpersonal skills and a clear passion to achieve positive results.
Mainstream Recruitment: LGV/HGV Driver Class C+E, June 2005 – Present
• Covering the whole of the UK undertaking LGV deliveries and collections for leading UK companies including; DS Smith, Tesco’s supermarkets and Coolchain, deliveries to Stores, Expresses and RDCs. Other clients include Marshalls Mono, Castledene and TDG
• Experienced in Fridge work and taut liners
• Providing high levels of customer service at all times
• Working to meet deadlines in time sensitive environments
• Ensuring full compliance to all Tachograph requirements and Working time directive
• As a registered Large Goods Vehicle Instructor, also contracted to the Military during the summer periods with responsibility to provide driver training and instruction to a variety of ex. common wealth service men / women
E H Nicholls Jnr Limited: Assistant to Transport Director 2002 – June 2005
• Responsible for transporting the right products in the right quantities, to the right locations all at the right time guaranteeing all vehicles leave on time daily both UK and European
• Working closely with shift supervisors to troubleshoot potential problems or delays and seek effective resolutions to maintain efficient service
• Ensuring company compliance of all transport policies, legislation and procedures relating to tachograph and towing
• Transport route planning and timetable management effectively responsible for all of the dispatching, routing, and tracking of delivery vehicles
• Acting as first point of contact for all drivers. Identifying operational issues, potential problems and opportunities allowing all site and customer objectives to be achieved
• Recruitment and selection of staff for resource planning
• Coordinating rotas and shift management incorporating holiday planning, sickness and other forms of absence to ensure fully functional with enough staff to operate seamless services
• Resolving and managing queries and complaints courteously and efficiently
• Both Class 1 and 2 driving duties as required
• Certifying that all transport fleet vehicles are properly maintained and serviced
Previous Positions Held:
• Prudential Assurance Company Ltd: November 1980 – 2002
Sales Manager | Financial Consultant | Customer Service Manager | District Agent
• Rumbelows Ltd: Sales Assistant to Branch Manager 1973 – 1980
• Hackney Carriage Licensed driver working in conjunction with Kent County Council providing special needs transport to schools
Professional Training & Qualifications:
• Registered Large Goods Vehicle Instructor Personal [LGV training for Army] Reference: 449781
• Holder of Driver Certificate of Professional Competence: Expires 09/09/2019
• Driver CPC
• Driver Hours and Digital Tachograph
• Vehicle Defect and SAFED Theory
• Safe Loading and Safe Systems of Work
• Health, Safety and Emergency Aid
• Financial Planning Certificates I / II / III: Chartered Insurance Institute
• Mortgage Master Class Qualification for Prudential Bank Products
• Admitted to the Life insurance Association as Member by Diploma “MLIA (dip)”
• 6 CSEs: Including Mathematics, English, Civics Geography and R.S.
• Accepted as Voluntary Driver Team leader for London 2012 Olympics – Logistics of 8,000 vehicles
• Founder Member of Sittingbourne Invicta Rotary Club (No longer Member)
• 20 years Auditor for Scouts Voluntary Organisation: ensuring accurate record keeping of income and expenditure
• I.T Skills: Proficient with MS Office, Internet and Email
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.