Currently working in Saudi Aramco as lead mechanical engineer.
2007 : MS Mechanical Engineering, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
2003 : B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, University of Engineering & Technology, Taxila, Pakistan
Member, Pakistan Engineering Council
Member, Saudi counsel of Engineers
05/2014-Present: Saudi Aramco (Gas Operations), Udhailiyah, Saudi Arabia
Position : Engineer I (Lead Mechanical / Piping Engineer)
Project 1: Blowdown Liquid Recovery System at Hawiyah Gas Plant
Project 2: Haradh Gas Increment Programme
Project 3: Upgrade Sulfur Handling and Export Facilities at Berri Gas Plant
Project 4: Flare Gas Recovery System at Berri Gas Plant
Project 5: ABQ Khuff Sour Gas Processing Study
• To review / comment mechanical design (static and rotary equipment), FEA, stress calculations (CAESAR II), weld maps, isometrics, layout plan, equipment general arrangement, PFDs / P&IDs, battery limits, structure calculations / buckling analysis (STAAD-PRO), pipe supports, lifting frames, platforms, hydraulic and vibration calculations for nozzles, pressure parts / pipelines, review wall thickness calculations, hot tap, valve specification data sheets, piping / valve classes, structure connection calculations (Bolts, Welds) etc. prepared by client and perform hand calculations
• To understand and develop scope of work for the project, identifying the deliverables, preparation of Cost-Time-Resource for the project.
• To develop Design Basis Scoping Paper (DBSP), Project Proposal, Project Execution Plan, conduct Peer Review meetings and review lesson learned
• To prepare weekly, monthly reports (MIS) and three months look ahead activities schedule.
• To coordinate between various departments including FPD, GOTS, PMT, PMOD, Gas Plants and Contractors
• To bring all elements of a project together; make certain that all elements proceed satisfactorily on schedule and within the budget allowed; and initiate corrective actions as required.
• To review cost estimates and recommendations from vendors, consultants and licensors.
• To recommend new installations or modifications to improve existing facilities and standardization within broad fields of endeavor.
• To estimate costs, prepare justifications and complete expenditure requests as required.
• To participate in Hazop, Fire Risk Assessment, Value Engineering, Constructability studies.
• Code studies and investigations DIN (18800, 6914, 7968), EI. (103,104,105,112, 303), ASME (B31.1, B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, B16.5, 16.34, section VIII), ANSI B16.1 series, ASTM, API (RP-1111, 594, 598, 603, 608, 609, 6A, 6D, 5L, 2201) , ANSI/MSS SP-58, ANSI/MSS SP-69
• To coordinate activities during Execution phase (detail design, procurement, construction etc.), review the work of engineers; check that reports are written according to established methods of good report presentation; take recommendations for further study or report changes; approve reports for transmittal to supervisors; develop scope and description of technology items; and lead the implementation and operation of developed solutions in the field.
• To consider Health, Safety and Environment as the highest priority in all activities undertaken by mechanical and piping team.
Bilfinger (Deutsche Babcock Borsig, Saudi Arabia)
Position : Senior Mechanical Engineer
Client: Saudi Aramco
Project : Superheater replacement (Macchi steam and power generation), LUBEREF, Yanbu SEC (Saudi Electricity Company)
Projects: Fuel oil system Upgrade at Qurayya Power Plant /
Replacement of economizer inlet headers together with economizer tubes bank in boilers of stage – I at RPP, Rabigh
SWCC (Saline Water Conversion Corporation)
Project: Debris Filter Installation, Jeddah
SABIC (Saudi Basic Industries Corporation)
Projects: Replacement of superheater and economizer for boiler X-601B, SAFCO, Jubail / Removal and replacement of Absorption Chiller 660-U Al-Bayroni, Jubail
Marafiq Project : Supply and installation of online debris filter for STG#4 Main Steam Condenser – Yanbu
• Mechanical design, FEA, stress calculations, weld maps, isometrics, layout plan, equipment general arrangement, PFDs / P&IDs, battery limits, structure calculations (buckling analysis), pipe supports, lifting frames, platforms, hydraulic and vibration calculations for nozzles, pressure parts / pipelines, method statements and fabrication
• Material wall thickness calculations, valve specification data sheets, line lists, hot tap, tie-in schedule, piping / valve classes, structure connection calculations (Bolts, Welds)
• Report writing, detailed technical specifications, code studies, investigations, analysis, literature studies,
DIN (18800, 6914, 7968), EI. (103,104,105,112, 303), ASME (B31.1, B31.3, B16.5, 16.34, section VIII), ANSI B16.1 series, ASTM, API (594, 603, 608, 609, 2201) , ANSI/MSS SP-58, ANSI/MSS SP-69
• Internal checking / subcontractor engineering management
• Drawing and draughting / supporting the drawing office, design tools (AutoCAD 2010, ANSYS, CAESAR II )
• Coordination with project teams and project managers, site surveys, estimation/proposals support
•Participate in the HAZOP studies
• Mentoring and support of junior staff
• Project site functions, MTO, procurement
Contracting and Construction Enterprises, Saudi Arabia
Position : Project Engineer
Project 1: Steam Generation Control Building, SADARA, Jubail
Main Contractor : FLUOR
Project 2: Saudi Aramco Total Petrochemical and Oil Refinery, Jubail
Main Contractor : TECHNIP
• Supporting the Project Manager in coordinating/communicating in various issues that affect the mechanical engineering design, safety, and regulatory compliance of the work
• Ensuring all relevant quality and safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
• Interpreting clients’ requirements, identifying and addressing design parameters and engineering problems and ensuring solutions are implemented.
• Evaluating, organizing and prioritizing work within the overall project schedule
• Short listing vendors and contractors, have technical discussions and negotiations to develop budgetary / final cost and offer
• Following project site during execution, monitor and guide project execution engineer / supervisor and vendor / contractor
• Oversee pipe fabrication related activities for CS, SS, RTR/GRE pipes and managing the fabrication shop
• Oversee Installation of RTR, RCP and CPVC pipes of 4 inches dia to 90 inches nominal dia
• Oversee Installation of Risers, firefighting equipment (Butterfly Valves, Hydrants, Fire Water Monitors, Fire Hose Reels, Water Take-off Points), Pressure vessels and Pumps
• Checking the pipe routing as per approved drawings (Isometrics, P&ID’s and Shop drawings)
• Monitoring and analyzing various aspects of progress of all activities on daily basis with the implementation of daily schedule
• Controlling quality requirement before inspection to meet design packages and contract requirements
• Making as built drawings according to the actual site conditions
• Coordinating other issues with our Site Construction Manager, Document Controller, QA/QC, QS and Procurement
• Hydro Pressure, Hydro Gravity and Leak Test for RTR and CPVC pipelines in accordance with the Engineering Standards
• Corrosion Protection – Coating / Wrapping of Stopaq CZH paste / PVC, cathodic protections for underground valves and hydrants.
• Preparing material requisitions, BOQ (Bill of Quantities), material submittals
• Writing and preparing method statements for various
• Preparing and submitting PTW (permit to work) and RFI (request for Inspection) to the main contractor
• Analyzing the projects status and setting the corrective action needed.
• Attending Consultant’s Technical Meeting with our PM, CM, Co staff
11/08 – 11/2010:
Faisal Muhammad Al-Qahtani Sons & Co, Dammam, Saudi Arabia (Pipeline Specialist/General Contractor)
Position : Mechanical Engineer
Project : KARAN Gas Project
Main Contractor : J Ray McDermott
Client : Saudi Aramco
• Worked on CS Pipeline Construction in the areas of Quality Control (inspections, test plans and quality control plans), Welding (mig welding) and Design (conceptual, detail, FEED) for ARAMCO (Khursaniyah-KARAN on-shore 80KM gas pipeline) project.
06/07 – 10/08:
EA Consulting Pvt Ltd, Karachi, Pakistan
Project : LDA Office Tower, Lahore, Pakistan Position : MEP Engineer
• Coordinate and monitor all MEP activities (Mechanical, Electrical, Water, Plumbing, Drainage, Irrigation and Fire Fighting) with the program schedule for proper flow of work
• Responsible for compiling the drawings and coordinating the information from MEP contractors
• Confirm the installation of all work within discipline is in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards
• Assists construction personnel with general technical details
• Coordinate other issues with our Site Construction Manager, Document Controller, QA/QC, QS and Procurement
• Attend Project Meetings with our Project Manager and Team
12/04 – 12/06:
Eisfeld Ingenieure, Kassel, Germany
Position : Project Engineer
• Worked as mechanical project engineer and gained heavy experience in HVAC drawings including isometric, geometric and duct layout drawings.
07/03 – 08/04:
Mahaad Engineering Services, Lahore, Pakistan
Position : Mechanical Engineer
• Remained responsible for HVAC operation, maintenance and repairing for a high rise building.
• To fill out daily log, check chilled water reset settings and function,
• To check chiller lockout set point, compressor motor and assembly, compressor oil system, check refrigerant condition, check for condenser and evaporator tube corrosion and clean as needed.
06/02 – 07/02
: Millat Tractors Ltd. Lahore, Pakistan
Position : Trainee Engineer
• Worked in manufacturing, engine assembly, quality control and R&D divisions during the training.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.