Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (BE) and Masters of Business Administration (MBA-Industrial Management)
Currently I am employed in SAUDI ELECTRICITY COMPANY (SEC) as Project Planning Engineer in Distribution Department. My previous job roles were in AALCO- QATAR GENERAL ELECTRICITY AND WATER CORPORATION (KAHRAMAA)- Qatar and KARACHI ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY LIMITED (K-ELECTRIC)- Pakistan
Area of Expertise: Project Planning, execution, reporting and Maintenance
MBA- IM (Institute of Business Management- IoBM- KHI) 3.1
BE – ELECTRICAL (NED UNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY- KHI) 3.0
1- Saudi Electricity Company (SEC, SCECO)-
Riyadh- Saudi Arabia
(Dec 2013- Present) Project Planning Engineer (Saudi Council of Engineers- Reg # 168724)
2- Qatar General Electricity & Water Corporation (Kahramaa)- AALCO- Al-Ajjaj Limited Co.
March 2013- Nov 2013 Project Coordinator/Manager
3- Karachi Electric Supply Company Ltd- KESC (Abraaj Capital)-
Dec 2008- March 2013 Deputy Manager (Pakistan Engineering Council Registration # ELECT / 25700)
Saudi Electricity Company (SEC, SCECO)-
Riyadh Saudi Arabia (December 2013- Present)
Project Planning Engineer- Distribution
• Project planning studies and reports to generate project justification and create necessary budget items for approval
• Preparing Schemes (MV and LV), BOQ items for multi-million Saudi Riyals projects for system improvements and expansion
• Awarding SEC contracts to unified contractors and supervise the daily activities
• Requests for Distribution Material using Unified Distribution System (UDS) and Material Management (MM) using SAP-ERP applications
• Short and long range power system planning on Primary distribution (33 KV and 13.8 KV) systems and Secondary distribution (0.44/0.230/0.11 KV)
• Monitoring system reliability (SLD on Micro station) by conducting field engineering for the purpose of designing new and/or upgrading existing underground and overhead electric distribution and transmission facilities.
• Forecasting load growth by areas in coordination with Distribution Control (33KV & 13.8 KV)
• Planning of new Substations (13.8/33 KV) for new load growth and interconnection with existing networks
• To relieve/shift the load on existing (13.8/33 KV) feeders with new feeders according to Geographic boundaries
• Calculation of Diversity factor, Demand factor, Coincident factor, Max Demand Load, Ampere ratings for the purpose of reinforcement of existing Distribution network
• Performing distribution circuit analysis for loading, voltage, reactive power, reliability, balancing and coordination
• Assisting with transmission (132 KV and 380 KV) planning activities as needed
• Providing technical support to various internal customers and support to the systems operation control center to complement their analysis
• Plan, design, and model all necessary aspects of a downstream secondary network system
• Coordination with Government agencies like Municipality, Urban and Rural Planning, National Water Company etc. for Right of ways and Permits
Qatar General Electricity & Water Corporation (Kahramaa)- AALCO- Doha- Qatar (March 2013- Nov 2013)
Project Manager/Coordinator- Electrical & Maintenance
• Executing and managing electrical projects of QGEWC 11 KV distribution network
• Erection, Commissioning, Testing, Installation of Transformers, RMU, Feeder Pillars, Circuit Breakers, Battery charger and other distribution equipments
• Hands on experience using AC-DC surge generator, HIPOT, Teleflex, Phase rotation, Earth tester etc for maintenance activities
• Cable (11 KV & 0.44 KV) laying and testing as per QGEWC standards and specifications
• Single Line Diagrams and Graphical Layouts for carrying new 11 KV and 0.44 KV schemes
• Switching Operation of RMU for shutdown activities as per QGEWC standards and specifications
• Authorized to take Permit to work (PTW) on dead equipments in Primary and Secondary Substations and Limitation of Access (LOA) in live equipments from QGEWC
• Overhead Line (11 KV) Maintenance of Insulators, conductors, Air breaking switches, Auto Re closers, MV cut outs, Surge diverter, Knife switches, PMT’s, anti-climbing guard, danger labels etc
• Generator Installation and Maintenance
• Installation of CT meters, Distribution boards etc
• Preparation of Budgets, estimation and resource management of 11 KV distribution projects
• Management of project resources (Materials, equipment’s, manpower etc)
• Preparation of Method Statements, Inspection and Test Plan, Site planning for Projects
• Monitoring Site activities in compliance with HSE and QA/QC departments
• Reporting to higher management about the progress of projects
• Coordination with civic agencies like Ministry of Municipality and Urban Planning, Ministry of Interior etc for permits and Right of Way
K-Electric (Formerly Karachi Electric Supply Company Ltd- KESC (Abraaj Capital)-
Karachi- Pakistan Dec 2008- March 2013 (4.5 Years)
Deputy Manager- Distribution
• Perform Project management activities of electrical projects including design of new schemes, maintenance activities of Substation, Grids, Underground HV and MV cables, switchgears, capacitors, breakers, LT/HT panels, DB’s etc
• Supervise a sizeable team of engineers/technicians at site in order to ensure and controlling underground cable maintenance activities including laying, termination and jointing of HT 11 KV and LT cables and related operations
• Interdepartmental coordination with various departments including GSM (Grid system maintenance, GSC (Grid system construction), Substation maintenance and operations, Civic agencies etc
• Worked on projects in subjects relating to Single Line Diagrams, 11 KV and 440 KV Distribution Lines, Stability and Reliability Analysis using E-TAP, AUTOCAD, VISIO, MS PROJECT, Feeders laying and terminations
• Coordinating with contractors and assisting with design modifications as per specifications and site situations
• Finalization of proposals after collecting all technical and other related data/information (like power transformer loading, %age overloading of feeders to relieve, provision of extensions, areas to be relieved, route selections etc)
• Reconciliation of outstanding dues (circular debt, regarding energy and development dues of KESC Ltd and ROW (right of way) with various civic agencies
• Monitor progress of the activities on daily basis by utilizing systems generated reports in order to ensure the timely completion of the projects
• Coordination and reporting to senior management about timely completion of electrical maintenance activities
TRAININGS & COURSES
• Hands on experience on SAP Utilities (IS-U) implemented by the company. Worked as a power user on these modules- B&I, MM, CRM, CS, DM, FICA, EDM and PM. Sales and information system that support all business processes and utility services. Managing and billing residential, commercial and prospective customers.
• Preparation of SOP’s for jobs and safety plan
• Ensure compliance with Safety audits and mitigation of hazards
• Conduct training programs for workers and subordinates
• Training at Thermal and Combined Cycle Power Plants (CCPP) of KESC
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.