A client-focussed Microsoft Certified Professional and Certified Ethical Hacker with over 14 years’ experience of desktop support and particular expertise in security. I am working towards my CISSP certification and will be qualified by the end of 2014.
Networking and Support:
Backups e.g. Seagate backup exec, Antivirus software, Access Control Systems. Win XP,Win 7 office, VNC, 1st 2nd 3rd line Support. Networking, Antivirus, Sophos Antivirus configuration, Exchange 5.5 and 2000 administration System policy troubleshooting, general Server administration, DHCP, Wins, DNS, TCP/IP, RAS support, Patch panels, remote support, FAT. CCTV Bio metrics.
Printer problems, Upgrades to laptops and desktops, Hard Drives replacement. HP, Apple, Dell.
• CLAIT: Level 2, Spreadsheets, Database, RSA Word Perfect, Alpha
• Microsoft Certificate Systems Analyst (MCSA) course completed, India 2005
• 2151 Microsoft windows 2000 network and operating system essentials
• 2152 Implementing Microsoft windows 2000 professional and server
• 2153 Implementing a Microsoft windows 2000 network infrastructure
• 2126 Managing a Microsoft windows 2000 network environment
• 070-270 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Pro
• 070-298 Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
• Integration of two networks between ICIS technology and Siemens Corporation.
• ICIS Internet upgrade
• Certified Ethical Hacker
• ITIL training
Wunderlich & Gladstone. May 2013- Present. Contract
IT Security Consultant
Elevated Persistent Surveillance System. EPSS. IT Security Training, Support, Deployment.
Juniper Networks 26th February 2012. Contract 3 months
On-site Support Specialist
Managing 4 countries offices with 300 users in total
Specific Job Tasks
• Handling high levels of Desktop Support requests
• Training Users on IT Security procedures, policies.
• Providing face-to-face support to end users for hardware and software issues
• Troubleshooting hardware issues related to desktop, laptops, printers and peripherals etc.
• Troubleshooting software issues related to Windows 7/XP, Microsoft Office, Outlook and other desktop applications
• Configuring and installing new computers using standard software image and packages
• Builds new systems to the Juniper standard specification guidelines
• Rolling out Win 7 across 6 countries
• Finding local suppliers for all Hardware sales and support
• RSA Administration
• Managing Projects with 3rd party companies.
•Supporting all PC/Laptop hardware, NICS, CD-writers, scanners, mobile devices (Apple & BlackBerry) and PDA’s is required. Specific familiarity with Lenovo and Dell systems/laptops, MAC systems/laptop, HP laser and Cannon colour printers,
Oracle Corporation 04 2007– NOV 2011
Managing 1st 2nd line support to 400 user’s across 6 sites across the U.A.E
Win XP Win7, office2003, VNC.Networking, Antivirus, Printer problems, Upgrades to hardware laptops and desktops. Travel around the Middle East.
Rolling out videoconference across the Middle East. Dealing with networking issues across
Training users in IT Security across 5 sites in the UAE.)
Setting up users on outlook 2007, trouble shooting connection problems.
Dealing with all hardware vendors for laptops, Printers, network equipment.
Setting up users on mobile phones Blackberry, Apple Iphone.
Setting up VPN for users.
Gitex event 2007-2011. Setting up 120 PC’s for Gixtex Trouble shooting for the event.
Oracle’s building access security Administrator for 6 sites.
PBX Phone system administrator.
Bio Metric Admin
Access Control Systems Admin.
Great North Eastern Railways (GNER), York, UK. 1st-2nd Line-Support Jan –August 2006
Provided support to 2000 users. Windows XP; Exchange 5.5; Active Directory; VNC; Office XP. Office 2000/2003.. Checking wireless connections and helping 1st class passengers with any connection issues. Server 2003 administration.
Leeds Chamber of Commence, Leeds, UK. 2nd Line-Support March 2005 Oct 2005
Provided support to 40 users (including remote users), Windows XP, Office 2003. Active Directory, Server 2003. Ark Serve backup. Hardware support. Antivirus updates, all Office and operating systems updates and checks.
Aversion Strategic Risk Management, Dubai UAE. 2nd Line Support Jan-2005 March 2005
Provided 2nd Line support after office move for 25 users. . Installed all PCs and printers into a new office and provided 3rd line support when required.
NHS Promary Care Trust, Wakefield, UK. 1st Line Support Jan-2004 December 2004
Provided 1st line support for 5000 users on a busy helpdesk, consisting of 6 Analysts. Role involved:
• Providing Remote Support using SMS, VNC remote support tools
• Accurately logging and resolving technical queries on bespoke helpdesk software.
• Escalating problems to 2nd/3rd line support and informing users if resolution might exceed any agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA)
• Configuration of laptops and Outlook for offline use
• Administration of active directory, resetting passwords and account lockouts.
• Creation and modification of Email accounts.
• Dealing with printer problems
• Sophos Antivirus configuration
• Exchange 5.5 administration
• Exchange 2000 administration
• Windows 2000, Office 97, Office 2000, Windows XP, Office XP
Link Interchange Network, Harrogate. Atmos Installer Feb-2003December 2003
Provided 1st line support to all the ATM dispensers through out the UK and parts of Europe, responsible for the setting up of ATMs for Atmos customers.
Offering 2nd line support to the help desk. Role involved:
• ITIL awareness
• Control and producing ATM configuration management information
• Providing assistance over the phone to engineers when installing machines and problem solving and liaising with internal and external customers to resolve problems and incidents quickly and effectively
ICIS TECHNOLOGY Ltd, Harrogate. Support Engineer Feb 2000–Aug2003
Provided 1st / 2nd and 3rd line support to 700 users the main focus was network, desktop and user support.
Administered WinNT4 servers in both domain controller and member server, until upgraded to W2k domain.
Role involved Network day-to-day running, upgrades, troubleshooting, fault finding e.g.:
• Troubleshooting logon problems
• Identifying printing problems
• Monitoring logged events
• System policy troubleshooting
• General Server Administration
• DHCP, Wins, DNS, TCP/IP
• RAS support
• Patch panels
• Remote Support, Dame ware, VNC
• Backups e.g. Seagate backup exec.
• Managing backing up and restoring data
• Antivirus (incl. Remote Access PCs) and Sophos Antivirus
• Email Accounts, Creation/ Modification/ General Troubleshooting.
• General Event Log Monitoring.
• Office Applications; Office 2000; Office 97; Access; Excel; Word
• Operating Systems; Win95; Win98; WinNT; Win2000; XP
GE Capital, Leeds. Front Line Accounts. 1994–2000
Bayford Trust Energy. Wetherby. Account Manager 1990–1994
1982-1990 St. John Fishers School, Harrogate
5 O’ Levels: Psychology, Religious Education, Chemistry, Information Technology, and Computer Studies
5 GCSEs: Maths, English, French, Woodwork, and Sociology.
City & Guilds in Automobile Engineering
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.