Master of Science in IT (with Distinction)
Prince II Project Management
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Various IT Management roles in varying industries, managing complete infrastructure and application environments. Vastly experienced IT Manager with 27 years of global experience.
Master of Science (Information Technology) with Distinction
University of Liverpool
Modules studied: Computer Science; Networking & Communications; e-Commerce; Internet Programming (XML, ASP, JScript, VBScript, and HTML); Artificial Intelligence; e-Privacy & Security; Advanced Topics of Computer Science.
Prince II Practitioner qualified
IT & Communications Manager
HESS BMS OC Project, Hassi Messaoud, Algeria
Mar 2013 – July 2014
On this project I was accountable to the Project General Manager for the development, review and business alignment of IT & Communications strategy. The role had two principal sites, the main project office in Hassi and the development site itself, with each location needing comprehensive IT services in a challenging environment. The major part of this role was to design, project manage and implement complete IT Systems (Infrastructure/ERP/Business Applications) from one company to a new one.
• Single point of accountability for IT & Communications services and projects on behalf of BMS OC.
• Manage, configure and maintain all core infrastructure including Windows Servers, Exchange, Maximo/Sun and all core networking/comms systems such as switches, firewalls, PABX, etc.
• Define and control delivery of effective IT & communications services in line with the business plans.
• Develop and recommend strategies and annual plans to management.
• Manage technology refresh to ensure uninterrupted delivery of IT & communications solutions
• Deliver an integrated set of operational and infrastructure services to the business across all locations.
• Ensure IS compliance with Supply Chain Management (bidding in open international market, technical/commercial evaluation of proposals) and other requirements.
• Develop operational and Capital budgets for IS and responsible to deliver agreed services and projects within the approved budgets.
Avocet Mining PLC, Burkina Faso, West Africa
Jan 2012 – Jan 2013
Recruited to design and project manage the new technical environment (network, systems, communications & application architecture) within Avocet Mining, and produce the template for technical infrastructure for the business moving forward and mentor the technical team. This
involved running several critical technical IT projects in line with the IT Strategy and Roadmap, and included the design, planning, hands-on technical implementation and execution of each project.
Key achievements included:
• Virtualisation of existing infrastructure across 3 sites with mirroring for enhanced stability.
• DR strategy/plan, technical design and physical implementation of solution.
• LAN & WAN redesign incl. fiber introduction.
• Administration of all aspects of the company IT infrastructure incl. Domain/Exchange/VPN/LAN-WAN, etc.
• Managing technical specialists, 3rd party vendors and junior technicians in the course of achieving the aforementioned.
• Complete domain rename and migration, incl. MS Exchange rebuild.
• Implementation of in-house mail from a hosted service (Exchange 2010).
• Implementation of stringent security policy to align with industry standards.
London Mining PLC, Sierra Leone, West Africa
Nov 2010 — Oct 2011
Initially employed as a Consultant to review the Freetown IT systems, and then offered a position to design and implement a complete IT infrastructure at 3 key sites within Sierra Leone. This also included project managing of the implementation, team management and budgetary control for the IT department. I was also responsible for the hands-on implementation of all core systems.
• Production of comprehensive infrastructure plan to deploy IT services & Communications across 3 sites, including the Mine Site and Port Iron Ore export facility.
• Sourcing and installation of 5 VSAT connections across the project.
• Configuration & installation of Windows Active Directory 2008 domain at 2 sites, and trust relationship to existing on 3rd, including group & security policies.
• Configuration & installation of multiple servers, including Hyper-V, AV, WSUS, SQL, SAP Business One & Payroll servers.
• Planning & deployment of extensive coverage VHF system using multiple repeaters.
• Planning & deployment of multiple desktop PCs/Laptops/network printers etc.
• Planning & installation of multiple long distance wireless links at Mine Site for corporate connectivity over a wide area (fiber deployment not possible).
• Planning & installation of multiple cabling projects (CAT5/5e/6) for new buildings & accommodation.
• Configuration & commissioning of inter-office VPN links and VPN clients.
• Configuration & deployment of firewalls, web filters, Cisco Aironet Wi-Fi, VLANs, cisco switches & routers.
• Configuration & deployment of backup software & strategy, incl. back up to tape & archive to NAS devices.
• Installation of hosted VoIP telephone system.
• Recruitment & development of Sierra Leonian IT personnel.
• Implementation of Help Desk System.
• Implementation of Network monitoring software & hardware (WhatsUp Gold v15).
• Implementation of remote support system (Net Support Manager).
IT Technical Manager, Aegis Defence Services, Iraq Aug 09 – Jun 10
Senior IT Strategy & Project Manager, Qatar Gas, Qatar Sep 08 – Jul 09
IT & ERP Manager, Orleans Invest, Nigeria Jan – Aug 08
IS & ERP Manager, MFO, Egypt/Israel Mar – Dec 07
IT Manager, Health Protection Agency, UK Oct 06 – Mar 07
IT Manager, Kinyara Sugar Works, Uganda May 05 – Sep 06
Infrastructure Project Manager, Glaxo Smith Kline, UK Oct 04 – May 05
IT Infrastructure & Support Manager, AAA Auto, Czech Republic Jan – Sep 04
IT Operations Manager, Leaseplan, UK Apr – Dec 03
IT Manager, CARE International, UK Nov 02 – Mar 03
IT Support Manager, Reed Business, UK May 00 – Nov 02
Technical Consultant, PT Freeport, Indonesia Nov 96 – Apr 00
Snr Support Analyst, Bankers Trust Plc (now Deutchse Bank), Sydney, Australia Feb – Nov 96
Tech Support Analyst, LGT Funds Management. Sydney, Australia Jan 95 – Feb 96
IT Support Analyst, British Aerospace Plc, Khamis Mushayt, Saudi Arabia Apr 91 – Nov 94
Leading Radio Operator (Submarines) Royal Navy Apr 81 – Mar 91
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.