An ambitious and dedicated Assistant Manager with 7 years’ experience in the retail industry. Possesses a proven track record of continual career progression. Effectively leads, develops and motivates teams to deliver consistently high standards of customer service while achieving challenging sales targets. An exceptionally well organised professional who successfully prioritises workload and manages time to fulfil multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
2006 – date WOODIE’S DIY / ATLANTIC HOMECARE, Wexford, Ireland
2012 – date Assistant Manager
• Efficiently prioritising workload and managing time to fulfil multiple responsibilities relating to the daily operation of the store, including opening and closing the business in accordance with established procedures
• Effectively leading, developing and motivating a team of up to 25 members of staff, ensuring consistently highs standards of service and performance while encouraging individual progression
• Regularly liaising with Head Office personnel, reporting on shop floor developments and receiving direction regarding key business objectives
• Diligently monitoring, managing and controlling stock, ensuring accurate maintenance of all required documentation / records
• Ensuring consistent achievement of challenging weekly, monthly and yearly sales targets to facilitate the continual development of this AUS$ 6 million turnover business
• Providing inter store support, training and management cover as required; quickly adapting to a new working environment and rapidly developing productive working relationships with staff
2010 – 2012 Trainee Manager
• Utilising strong communication and interpersonal skills to develop productive working relationships with colleagues and excellent rapport with customers
• Planning and delivering comprehensive staff training to maintain high standards and to promote a culture of continual professional development
• Enthusiastically implementing a wide range of promotions and offers, in accordance with directions from the Manager and Head Office
• Fulfilling responsibility for various back office duties, including cash control, ensuring accurate record keeping and timely completion of all tasks
2009 – 2010 Supervisor
• Delivering consistently high standards of service by interacting with customers, promptly resolving any issues and utilising excellent product knowledge to provide advice
• Efficiently managing the cash office, maintaining accurate records and overseeing the gardening section of the store, ensuring high standards of presentation and organisation at all times
2007 – 2009 Chief Horticulturalist
• Conscientiously monitoring stock levels, ordering new supplies as necessary to maintain optimum levels of availability and conducting various maintenance and repair tasks
2006 – 2007 Sales Assistant
• Working effectively as part of a team to deliver high standards of customer service, providing product advice and efficiently processing transactions
2000 – 2005 PURPLE & GOLD, Wexford, Ireland
Supervisor / Sales Assistant
• Fulfilling responsibility for maintaining the welfare of all animals in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulations
• Maintaining customer service standards, efficiently operating the till to process cash / card transactions and performing various administrative duties as required
Education & Qualifications
Diploma: Social Care and Counselling (online course)
International Foundation for the Advancement of Reflective Learning and Teaching, current
V Tech: Social studies
FDYS Youth Work Ireland, Wexford , Ireland, 2011
Woodies DIY Fire Warden Training, 2011
Leader’s Induction Training; Youth Leader and Child Protection Officer, FDYS (voluntary work), 2011
Atlantic Homecare Manual Handling Training, 2006
Qualified Occupational First Aid Responder, PHECC, Irish Red Cross and VTech approved
Key I.T. Skills
Microsoft and Mac operating systems Microsoft Office Suite
I-Works Website Design
Server maintenance Internet and email
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.