I am Arslan Ashraf, Electrical Engineer with career highlights as below:
Experience Profile: EPC Business (Electrical)
Specialties: Engineering Design, Field Engineering & Project Coordination.
Recent Project: Manifa, Saudi Arabia & UCH Power Plant Pakistan
Positions: Design Engineer, Project Coordinator & Field Engineer
International Exposure: Yokohama, Japan (JGC) & Manifa Site, Saudi Arabia (JGC)
Over the tenure of my Engineering career I have worked as Design Engineer, Field Engineer and Project Coordinator for Manifa Crude Oil Extraction Project, Saudi Arabia (worth 11 Billion US Dollar) at JGC Corporation, Yokohama Japan & JGC Arabia Limited, Saudi Arabia along with other miscellaneous projects at Descon Integrated Projects Pvt. Limited Pakistan.
Currently I am working for DESCON Integrated Projects, Pakistan (Formerly: JGC-Descon Engineering) performing duties as the Substation Area Lead Engineer for UCH-II Power Plant Project Pakistan (BOP).
I have been conducting the design of Power System, Equipment Design, Grounding/Lightning System, Raceway, Hazardous Area Classification, Lighting System, and Power System Automation Works along with preparing the necessary datasheets/requisition for the procurement of Switchgear & MCC and miscellaneous electrical equipments.
Being the part of construction team I provided the technical support to in-line any modification/client (ARAMCO) concerns in accordance to ARAMCO, IEC, IEEE, NEMA standards and provided the support for construction & pre-commissioning activities by scheduling the necessary activities to meet the schedule.
I have versatile experience and capable enough to work on medium and large scale EPC projects.
Experience Profile: EPC Business
• Electrical System Design Experience (Oil & Gas, Power Generation)
• Project Coordination (Oil & Gas)
• Field Engineering / Site Works (Oil & Gas)
Companies Worked For International Exposure
• JGC Corporation, Yokohama, Japan • Japan (1 Year)
• JGC Arabia, Saudi Arabia • Saudi Arabia
• Descon Integrated Projects Pvt. Ltd, Pakistan
• ARAMCO – Manifa Project, Saudi Arabia (11 Billion USD)
• UCH-II Power Plant (400 MW Combined Cycle), Pakistan
Electrical Systems Design Experience
• Substation Design (Transformer, LV, MV Switchgear Schematics, SLD’s, Load List, Cable Schedule, Interconnection Diagrams, Conceptual Design, UPS, AC-DC System Design, Vendor Doc Review, System Specifications, Substation Automation System, Substation Layouts, RFQ & Datasheets)
• Cable System (Cable Sizing, Power Layouts, Cable Tray System etc)
• System Studies (Load Flow, Short Circuit, Motor Starting, Relay Coordination)
• Earthing System
• Lightning Protection System
• Communication System
• Fire Alarm System
• Lighting System
• Hazardous Area Classification
• Cathodic Protection System
• BOQ, MTO, Layouts, RFQ’s, Specification, Layout & Proposal Work Related to Above Electrical Systems Works
• Calculations for All Electrical Systems
Descon Integrated Projects Limited, Pakistan
Project: UCH Power Plant (400MW Combined Cycle), Pakistan
• Substation Equipment Design (Transformer, LV & MV Switchgear)
• Single Line Diagram (MV, LV), Load List, Cable Schedule,
• Schematics & Vendor Document Review, Interconnection Diagrams
• Requisitions, Datasheets (LV & MV Switchgear, Generator, Transformer)
• Equipment Sizing (Transformer, Emergency Generator, UPS etc)
• Factory Acceptance Test Switchgear
Proposal Lead: Trans-Asia Oil Refinary, Pakistan & Coal Baggas Power Plant
Responsibilities: Electrical Power System Design (Switchgear, Transformers, HIS Switchyard, Emergency Generator, Bus-Duct etc)
Electrical System Design: MTO, BOQ & Cost Preparation for Power System Equipment, Lighting System, Grounding System, Fire Alarm, Cathodic Protection & Hybrid Switchyard Equipment.
JGC Arabia Limited, Saudi Arabia
Project: Aramco – Manifa Oilfield, Saudia Arabia.
Designation: Field Engineer
Area of Work:
• Utilities Plant Area
• Ensured the Implementation of Aramco & International Standards
• Substation Automation System
• Coordination with ARAMCO to resolve construction concerns
• Coordination with vendor for pre-commissioning activities
• Coordination with the Construction teams
• Design Updates as per Site Conditions
JGC Corporation, Japan
Project: Aramco – Manifa Oilfield, Saudia Arabia.
Designation: Design Engineer & Project Coordinator
Experienced managing 40,000 MHRs Project at JGC Cooperation, Yokohama, Japan as Project Coordinator. Major responsibilities included:
• Scheduling Project Activities
• 3D Model Review & Guidelines Developments
• Inter-discipline Coordination
• Coordination to resolve Design Issues
• Electrical Systems design review including:
Power Systems Elementary Diagrams
Grounding Systems Cable Tray Systems
Descon Integrated Projects (Pvt.) Limited, Pakistan
(Formerly JGC-DESCON Engineering (Pvt.) Limited) EPC Company
Designation: Design Engineer
1) Asphalt Blowing Unit Parco, Pakistan
2) Sharourah Power Plant Extension, Saudia Arabia
3) Bhikki Power Plant, Pakistan
4) Fatima Fertilizer Plant, Pakistan
5) Kandhkot Project, Pakistan
6) Byco, Bosicar Sindh, Pakistan
1) Impressed Current Cathodic Protection System for Pipelines
2) Cable Tray Sizing Spread Sheet
January 2012 Till Present
UEC (Pvt.) Limited Pakistan August 2008 – November 2008
Technical & Commercial Support for Pressure & Heat Instruments, Yokogawa Electric Corporation.
ETAP TRANING at ELTECHS Japan November 2010 Basics of Relay Coordination & ETAP Star Module
IEEE IEC British Standards
NEC / NFPA Saudi Aramco Standard
ETAP LUXICON Smart Plant Review & Naviswork
PDS Micro-Station Auto-Cad
University of Engineering and Technology Lahore
Bachelors in Electrical Engineering 2004-2008
FSc Additional Mathematics 2003-2004
Government College University Lahore
FSc Pre-Medical 2001-2003
Divisional Public School Model Town Lahore
University Senior Year Project
Security Enhancement of Asterisk (PBX) Software
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.