A dynamic and highly motivated, Masters Degree and NEBOSH qualified, Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) Advisor with over 25 years experience in international challenging environments. Fully conversant with international health, safety, security and environmental legislation, codes, and recommended best practices. Used to working as part of a multi cultural / multi national workforce. Broad industry experience in planning and implementing HSSE programs.
A dynamic and highly motivated, Masters Degree and NEBOSH qualified, Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) Advisor with over 25 years experience in international challenging environments. Fully conversant with international health, safety, security and environmental legislation, codes, and recommended best practices. Used to working as part of a multi cultural / multi national workforce. Broad industry experience in planning and implementing HSSE programs. A previous lengthy military career that culminated as a Senior Non-Commissioned Officer (Middle Management) and a member of the UK Special Forces Group. An expert communicator and experienced trainer / facilitator with excellent coaching and development skills. Extensive contractor management, supervisory and auditing skills. A technical member of The Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) with a continued personal development program.
Key Skills & Achievements
• HSSE Skills – Broad HSSE Skills developed within a number of industries particularly in challenging environments. Depth of knowledge and auditing of OHSAS 18001, 14000 and ISO 9001 standards.
• Leadership – Well developed leadership skills. Experienced in the leadership and development of local / National staff. Successfully established a UK / Libyan joint HSSE / Land Transport Risk training business in a difficult commercial environment.
• Project Management – Managed complex projects in challenging environments, within time and budgetary constraints. Project managed the designing, organising and implementation of a specialist HSSE course, for the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
• Communications / Linguistics – Expert communicator with experience of presenting to royalty, politicians, senior corporate management, and Government agencies. Can speak and read Arabic to a proficient level, French to a basic level. Authored articles about Training and Fleet / Transport Risk Management. Appeared in National Media interviews about training and working safely in challenging environments.
• Investigation and information Gathering Skills – Broad experience in inspections, investigations and audits. Involved in the successful recovery and repatriation of oilfield workers in a conflict environment.
• Training / Facilitation Skills – A skilled instructor able to develop and implement HSSE training plans. Broad experience of developing and mentoring teams. Project managed a driver evaluation, training and auditing project for over 1500 drivers for a major oil and gas corporation in a challenging environment.
Qualifications & Training
MSc Security Management NEBOSH – IG Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
Diploma Level Business Management Course PRINCE2 Project Manager – Practitioner trained
MIRA – Medicine in Remote Areas Course Advanced Driving Certificate
Defensive Driving Instructor GCSE’s – English, Maths & Physics
Arabic – Advanced conversational French – Conversational
Transport Hazards and Risk Control Permit To Work Systems
ECDL – Computing & Information Technology Professional Trainers Certificate
Tap Root – Incident investigation & Root Cause Analysis Course
Mar 15 – Present
HSSE Advisor Risk Management Resources – Employed as a HSSE Consultant to various industries
• Workplace safety inspections
• Management of on and off road / land transport risk (desert driving instructor)
• Health, safety & security risk reduction advice
• Community relations / local liaison skills, problem solving / facilitating issues
• Incident investigation and reporting, emergency response, HSE and First Aid Training.
May 13 – Mar 15
HSSE Advisor – Crisis & Emergency Management Wintershall Libya – Employed as operational support to the Field Manager.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• Crisis and emergency response
• Liaison, negotiation, problem and issue resolution with rig moves, local contractors and land owners
• Development and implementation of Community Relations Strategy
• Drilling operations HSSE experience
Feb 11 – Apr 13
Senior Manager Security Amiri Flight / Emiri Diwan – Employed as the Head of Security for the Royal / Government Flight of Qatar.
• HSE Policy and implementation
• Leading a department of 50 Security Operatives for a high profile Royal / Government Organisation.
• Threat and risk analysis and management
• Budgetary control and financial management of the department. Responsible for $7bn worth of assets
• Crisis and emergency response
Oct 09 – Jan 11
ocal Liaison Superintendent / HSSE Advisor Wintershall Libya – Employed as a HSSE Advisor for a remote drilling operation.
• Implementing Corporate HSE requirements (Drilling HSSE Operations)
• Operational support to remote drilling operation including transport / convoy / subcontractor management
• Emergency / Crisis and HSE response
• Liaison with local police & security forces as well as tribal leaders
Feb 07 – Oct 09
General Manager HR4 Ltd – Initially employed as Training Delivery Manager before being promoted to run a joint UK / Libyan HSSE Training / Advisory subsidiary business.
• Business development, marketing and training of HSSE Training products and services
• Personal development of instructors and consultants
• Liaison and support to the Libyan partner
• Budgetary and financial responsibility of the business
Sep 05 – Feb 07
Project Manager / HSSE Advisor SFMC / Freelance – Employed as a Project Manager as well as being involved in freelance HSSE tasks.
• Training preparation and delivery project management
• HSSE advice, incident investigation
• Security project management
Jan 03 – Sep 05
Training Director AKE Ltd – Initially employed as a Security / HSSE Advisor of an International Security Risk Management organisation before being promoted to a senior management role.
• Business development of security and HSSE training services
• Organising and coordination of training and security tasks worldwide
• Identifying and developing suitable staff
• Also responsible for profit / loss and budgetary control
• Investigations and personal protection of staff and business organisations
Jan 96 – Dec 02
Special Forces Operative UK Military – Served as a member of the 22nd Special Air Service.
• Participation in international operations, exercises, and training of international personnel
• Liaising with senior military and government personnel from different nationalities
May 86 – Jan 96
Soldier – UK Military
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• Involved in international military operations.
• Varied roles including middle management positions, training and development, and security advisory roles
Technical Member of IOSH – The Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (membership no. 179902)
Member of the Security Institute (membership no. M2750)
Member of ASIS – The American Society for Industrial Security (membership no. 18591145)
Date of Birth: 16/03/1970 Nationality: British
Marital Status: Married Place of Birth: Falkirk, Scotland
Driving Licence: Full/Clean/ Driving Licences, A, B, BE, B1, C, C1E, CE, D, D1E (includes motorcycle, light vehicle, large goods vehicle and passenger carrying vehicle, Advanced Driver)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.