Mechanical engineer, with experience in several industrial environments (Oil and Gas, Paper Mills, Mining, Cement, Beverages, Food and Water Treatment Plants) into different projects, processes and applications.
Held positions in small and medium companies as Supervisor and Commissioning Engineer, Procurement and Purchaser, Management of Vendor’s Contracts, Cost Estimation, Business Development and Setting up New Business Units with an international approach (African and European cultures).
Strong motivational leadership in multicultural environments and new challenges, oriented to company results, met these challenges through a strong focus on work and team solutions.
Consulting: Coordination of Projects in Africa including, equipment sizing and specification, Procurement, Planning, Supervision, Commissioning and Maintenance of Industrial Installations.
Main projects involved:
– Procurement and Consulting for several Gantries (Truck and Wagons Loading Arms Systems) at Oil and Gas Terminal with focus on equipment, instrumentation and automation systems.
– Procurement, Installation and Commissioning of several pumps, valves and flowmeters for a Depot.
– Procurement and Consulting for an Oil and Gas Terminal Fire Protection System.
– Works Coordinator for a building rehabilitation project.
PROJECTO DETALHE (Engineering): January 2011 – April 2012
Procurement Manager Mozambique: Reporting to the CEO based in Portugal, I assess and develop a Procurement Department for the Oil & Gas, Mining, Cement and Water projects.
Management of supplier contracts for equipment and services, planning and scheduling in detail all activities and events through physical and financial chronograms and charts. Guarantee the provision of human and material resources, follow-up and occurrences detection, diversion possibilities, providing correction and / or solution and capitalizing earnings.
Preparation of forecasts and annual budgets, its control, as well as the implementation of operational procedures to increase productivity, financial control, purchasing and logistics management.
Main projects involved:
– Collaboration for the equipment’s specifications and sizing, procurement and project planning for several Gantries.
– Collaboration for the equipment’s specifications and procurement for a Hydrocarbons on-line Detection System.
TECNILAB (Engineering): February 2010 – December 2010
Project Engineer: Reporting to the Business Unit Manager, was focused on planning and managing project’s documentation, including engineering schematics, manufacturing specifications, production schedules, and vendor contracts.
Main projects supervised and commissioned:
– Installation of a sampling and continuous monitoring system for several parameters of the water circuit and steam circuit for a Combined Cycle Plant in LARES. .
– Installation of a sampling and continuous monitoring system for Chlorine, in the water and steam circuit of the paper mill PORTUCEL.
ANISOL EQUIPOS (Analytical and Instrumentation Integrator): August 2006 – January 2010
Applications Engineer: Reporting to the Managing Director in Spain, I was responsible for all the projects installations and commissioning for the Portuguese operations
Main projects supervised and commissioned:
– Installation of an On-line Oil Analysis system at the collecting basin at LARES Combined Cycle Power Plant.
– Installation of several haze analysis systems in beer at UNICER Brewery.
– Installation of a chlorine dioxide analysis system for the bleaching process at PORTUCEL Paper Mill.
– Installation of an analysis system for Caustic Soda concentration at DOW CHEMICAL.
– Installation of CO2 analysis system for water bottling at PEDRAS SALGADAS.
– Installation of a Viscosity Analyzer for a API reactor at Hovione.
TECNISIS (Automation Integrator): September 2002 – July 2006
Product Manager: Reporting to the General Manager, I was responsible for the industrial analytical and instrumentation department, which included management of internal information, procurement, project installation, supervision and commissioning.
Main projects supervised and commissioned::
– Installation of Trace Heating System for about 3 km fuel pipeline from the river port until CARREGADO COAL FIRED POWER PLANT.
– Installation of a Trace Heating System for a fuel pipe at REPSOL POLIMEROS.
– Installation of a remote control system for 12 water pumping stations at a MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY.
– Installation of an O2 and CO2 analytical system for a fuel furnace at REPSOL POLIMEROS.
– Installation of an analysis system of gases in a lime kiln at PORTUCEL Paper Mill.
– Installation of an analysis system in the oil collecting basin at GALP Oil Refinery.
– Updating and retrieving system for analysis of flue gas at GALP Oil Refinery.
MACROTEC (Engineering): February 2002 – August 2002
CAD Designer: Reporting to the Senior Engineer, I was responsible for machinery and structures design, using tools like AutoCAD and Solid Works.
LISNAVE (Naval Construction): July 1996 – August 1996
Technical Assistant: Reporting to the Senior Engineer, I was assisting several technicians and junior engineers during mechanical repairs.
Master Degree: Optimization of Fermentation from the Aveiro University, Portugal (Not finished).
BSc in Mechanical Engineering: Degree from the Aveiro University, 2002 (Specialization in Automation).
Trainings Course and Seminars
Level, Pressure, Flow, Temperature and Liquid Analysis Technology Training at Endres- Hauser, South Africa.
Process Photometers Technical Service Training and their Applications at OPTEK-Danulat GmbH, Essen, Germany
Process Photometers Technical Service Training at SIGRIST, Ennetburgen, Switzerland.
Sound Velocity Technology for Process Flow Measurement at FLEXIM, Germany
Sound Velocity Technology for Process Concentration Measurement at SENSOTECH, Germany.
Technical Services for Gas Analysers, Applications and Specifications at SERVOMEX, England
Safety Product Training at BARTEC, Bad Mergentheim, Germany:
– Basic Concepts of Explosion Protection
– International Standards for hazardous classified locations
– Control and Connection Equipment
– Electric Heating technology
– Bus Technology
PLC programming at CENFIM, Torres Vedras, Portugal
Solar Thermal Energy at INETI, Lisboa, Portugal
Construction Cost Estimation, SEVERO DE CARVALHO, Portugal
Portuguese: Native Language
Good commands of Windows and Linux Operating System.
Computer Literate: SAP, SUGAR CRM, Zoho Projects and CRM, PRIMAVERA, PHC, MatLab, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, Solid Works.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.