■ Professional Experience
Baffoe & Associates Group of Companies
January 1, 2009 – Present
In House Legal Adviser and Human Resources Manager
- Defining the learning strategy and recruitment, setting high standard principles and providing likely solutions. Providing pragmatic and consistent guidance and advice to departmental heads on grievance, attendance, disciplinary, and performance issues.
- Raising proactive issues with section heads, identifying practical solutions to complex and diverse HR issues, and recommending appropriate action plans.
- Reviewing and revising HR policies in compliance with changing or new legislation.
- Supervising, researching and analyzing implications of case law, legislation, and regulatory matters that affect the company and reporting to the Managing Director.
- Developing personal policies, maintaining and updating policy manuals as well as employee handbooks as needed.
- Receiving employee complaints and acting accordingly to resolve them.
- Providing proactive legal assistance and advice on various legal issues like commercial contracts, dispute resolution, regulatory, employment, and governance.
- Assisting the business in compliance with all various legal requirements.
- Ensuring that all legal documents and other contractual documents are effectively drafted, reviewed, interpreted, and vetted.
- Assessing and advising effectively to minimize and control risks to company and ensuring that the system, controls and processes are appropriate as relevant.
- Representing the company in ensuring the efficient handling and winning resolution of all negotiations and disputes.
B & A Group of Companies (Baffoe & Associates, B & A Informatics, B & A Properties, Total Solar Solutions)
January 1, 2010 – Present
Assistant Managing Director
- Negotiating property sales contracts, overseeing building projects in conjunction with contractors and compiling information for financial reports.
- Use of marketing tools to advertise property available for rent or lease, selecting tenants, drafting lease or rental agreements, collecting rents and deposits and maintaining a rent roll, and supervising eviction in rent agreement violation cases.
- Scheduling all repairs and maintenance with vendors, and ensuring the proper care of the property.
- Demonstrated ability to gain customer trust and provide exceptional follow-up, leading to increased repeat business as well as referral business.
- Established an effective resident retention plan including positive customer relations and timely resolutions of customer problems.
- Management of administrative functions including ensuring all paperwork is complete and accurate, that all reports and company procedures are accurately and timely followed.
- Assisting the Managing Director in recruiting quality professionals who are dedicated to high values of service and performance.
- Assisting Managing Director in managing the budget of each division and achieving stand-alone productivity for business.
- Establishing the goals and objectives of the organization and ensuring their delivery according to the business plan.
- Managing the performance of the organization’s staff and department heads through effective key performance indicators, targets and goal settings.
University of South Africa
Varsity College, Durban, South Africa
Diploma in Business Management and Administration
Passed the Bar Exams set by the Law Society of Lesotho in 2010 and admitted to practice as an Advocate of the Courts of Lesotho in February, 2011
- An exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Computer literate with knowledge of a wide variety of applications.
- A flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring the ability to effectively prioritize and multitask.
- Personable professional whose strengths include cultural sensitivity and an ability to build rapport with a diverse workforce in multicultural settings.
- A dependable, responsible contributor committed to excellence and success in any task I undertake.
- An uncompromising emphasis on quality and performance.