Mohamed awarded the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship, Germany. He is currently working as an Assistant Professor in German University in Cairo. His research interest is in Network on Chip design and related circuit level issues in high performance VLSI circuits, clock distribution network design, low-power design and embedded system design. He is the author of about 26 papers, two book chapters, one book in the fields of high throughput and low-power VLSI/IC design
– 8 years’ experience in working, research, and teaching in the field of electronics, system design, digital circuit design/VLSI and low power-aware design.
– 6 years’ experience in software development tools, and Image processing Projects
– Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale integration (VLSI) Systems
– Reviewer for the Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers
– Program Committee Member at International Conference on Microelectronics ICM 2012, ICM 2013
– Industrial workshops Co-Chair in IEEE International Conference on Engineering and Technology 2014
June 2012- present, TU Darmstadt, Department of Integrated Electronic Systems, Germany, Postdoctoral Fellowship
Specialist in developing the CAD tools for design and implementation of 3D Network-on-Chip (NoC) architectures. As well as, I am responsible for design and implementation of reconfigurable 3D NoC architectures suitable for many applications.
In addition, supervision of PhD students, master students and graduation projects in the different research areas of digital VLSI circuits and Hardware-Software codesign.
Jun. 2010- present, German University in Cairo (GUC), Information Engineering & Technology (IET), Cairo, Egypt, Assistant Professor
Specialist in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses in IET in the area of analog and digital electronics, design with VHDL, programmable circuits, design methodologies, and high-level description and simulation languages and tools. I am also responsible for the cooperative participation in the Advanced Microelectronics Laboratory courses for Bachelor and Master Programs in IET. In addition, supervision of PhD students, master students and graduation projects in the different research areas of Network on Chip, low power-aware design, and embedded system design
Aug. 2006-Jun. 2010, German University in Cairo (GUC), Information Engineering & Technology (IET), Cairo, Egypt, Assistant Lecturer
Specialist in teaching Electronics and Communication Engineering courses in addition to supervising graduation projects for IET students.
Jun. 2003- Aug. 2007, National Space Agency of Ukraine & Egyptian Space Program, EGYPTSAT-1 project, Senior Engineer for Telemetry Software Department
Full responsibility for leading two groups;
– Telemetry Module Group: specialist in design and implementation the telemetry module on the satellite. The Telemetry Module plays an important role to monitor the satellite health and status of operation by gathering the telemetry data from sensors distributed among the satellite subsystems in addition to the telemetry frames collected periodically from other subsystems to reflect their status and sequence of operation. The telemetry module keeps all data while being in orbit till the satellite communicates with ground control segment to download all the stored data.
– Telemetry Data Receiving and Processing Group: specialist in development the telemetry software on the ground station to analyse the downloaded data that enables the operator to plan for the satellite operation and solve the satellite problems.
Sept. 2002- Jun. 2003, MSA October University, Giza, Egypt, Teaching Assistant
Specialist in teaching Electronics and Communication Engineering courses in addition to supervising graduation projects for Electronics and Communication department.
Mar. 2002-Sept. 2002, MEMScAP Company, Cairo, Egypt, Software/Hardware Engineer
Specialist in design and development Skin Station System
Skin Station Project:
The Skin Station ¬is an integrated system to characterize the skin, and accordingly recommend the suitable cosmetic treatment through a knowledge-based expert system. We were responsible for design and manufacturing small sensor-based units that analyse the physical and chemical properties of skin surfaces. The system, which combines MEMS sensors, electronics and software, incorporates medically proven expertise that identifies skin properties based on analysis of various criteria. A screen response, generated in milliseconds, enables each individual to purchase the skin care products best suited to its skin qualities.
Jan. 2001- Mar. 2002, Military Service, Egypt, System Engineer
Specialist in developing and implementing Telephone Network Distribution plan
Aug.2000-Dec. 2000, Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt, Instructor
Specialist in teaching different programming languages: Visual C++ and Visual Basic.
Awarded the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship Germany, Darmstadt University
Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Information Engineering & Technology Department, a joint degree between The Ohio State University, USA and German University in Cairo, Egypt
Master of Engineering (M.Sc.), Electronics and Communication Department, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Bachelor of Electronics and Communication Engineering (B.Sc.), w/Honor, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
– Network on Chip
– High performance VLSI circuits
– Low power-aware design
– Hardware-Software codesign
– Embedded system design
– Multiprocessor System on Chip (MPSoC)
– Held various technical leadership positions in telemetry software groups at National Space Agency of Ukraine and Egyptian Space Program. Acted as a senior engineer leading the telemetry software teams to achieve design, development, coding, installation, testing, and supporting of telemetry data receiving and processing system.
– Prior to that, led a group of engineers in software/hardware department at MEMScAP Company. Led the group to achieve design, development, testing, and supporting of skin station system.
– Awarded the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship Germany, TU Darmstadt, 2012-2014
– Best Paper Award in IEEE International System-on-Chip Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, September 2010.
– One of the best research points for 2009 year in the 4th Annual International Scholar Research Exposition, The Ohio State University, USA.
– Best Project Award in hardware/ software projects from electronics and communication department, Cairo University, 2000.
– Best Project Award in summer internship projects from Bahgat Group (PCB company), Cairo, Egypt, 1998
– Member at the International Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
– Member at the Egyptian Space Program
– Member at the Syndicate of Egyptian Engineers
An active collaboration with researchers at the Ohio State University and TU Darmstadt is extended. In addition, the collaboration with the research group at the Egyptian Space Program is achieved.
Some of the projects undertaken as Principal Investigator/ Group Leader:
– “Design and Implementation of Hardware Communication Infrastructure for Self-Reliant Network-on-Chip Server and Networks-on-Chip Communication Terminals “
Sponsoring organization: Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
– “Smart Traffic System”
Sponsoring organization: German University in Cairo
– “Real-Time Efficient FPGA Implementation of AES Algorithm”
Sponsoring organization: Egyptian Space Program
– “ Home Security System using Advanced Embedded System”
Sponsoring organization: German University in Cairo
– “EGYPTSAT-1 project”
Sponsoring organization: National Space Agency of Ukraine and Egyptian Space Program
– “Design and development Skin Station System”
Sponsoring organization: MEMScAP Company
IT Language skills
– Verilog HDL
– Visual C++
– C++ language
– Visual Basic
– Synopsys tools
– Xilinix ISE tools
– FPGA Advantage
– Cadence tools
For information on publications please call for the Candidates full CV
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.