• Worked individually on appraisal & field development projects from South African, Australian and European basins. My role covers a vast spectrum of Petrophysical work starting from proposing logging programs, QA/QC of data, data editing, Synthetic log creation by Neural network, Computing NET, POR, SW by applying deterministic & probabilistic approaches, SHF, thin bed evaluation, core data handling and its integration with log data, establishing Poro perm transforms, analyzing Wireline/LWD pre
BP America Inc, Houston, TX, USA Jan 23,2012-Till date
• Worked on Deep water turbidites in Gulf of Mexico and developed expertise in reservoir description Petrophysics, core analysis and operational Petrophysics. Successfully completed the “Accelerated Development Petrophysics” program . Successfully supervised core analysis on 300 feet of core acquired in deepwater GoM.
• Developed expertise in Thin bed analysis and integrated static and dynamic data to reduce uncertainty and risk in reserves estimation.
• Developed expertise in cement bond log for zonal isolation and gravel pack log interpretation for re-completion decisions.
Shell International Exploration and Production, Houston, TX, USA Feb 13, 2011- Jan 16, 2012
• Worked on Unconventional Resources like Shale gas projects, calculated TOCs, Luffel saturations and carried out core analysis for evaluating shale gas potential.
Shell technology India Pvt. Ltd.-Bangalore, India March 19, 2008- Feb1, 2011
• Worked individually on appraisal & field development projects from South African, Australian and European basins. My role covers a vast spectrum of Petrophysical work starting from proposing logging programs, QA/QC of data, data editing, Synthetic log creation by Neural network, Computing NET, POR, SW by applying deterministic & probabilistic approaches, SHF, thin bed evaluation, core data handling and its integration with log data, establishing Poro perm transforms, analyzing Wireline/LWD pressure data to estimate fluid contacts and finally computing sums and averages.
• Worked as a sole petro physicist for CO2 sequestration into the Australian basin.
• Trained and experienced in data interpretation of LWD, open hole and cased hole tools covering radioactive, resistive, acoustic, NMR & imaging tools of Schlumberger, Weatherford, Baker Atlas. Experience of handling all kinds of Petrophysical data formats.
• Learn to integrate data from various sources like mud logs, LWD logs, open hole logs, RCA & SCAL data.
Responsibilities held in projects
• QA/QC of log data: environmental correction, depth shifting, log editing, identifying washouts, coal, calcite streaks.
• Provide petrophysical input and support to multi-disciplinary teams.
• Communicated petrophysical results to teams via presentations and reports. Calculated the porosity using different methods (neutron-density, density, sonic, NMR) and cross-checked or calibrating against the core data.
• Calculated the Shale Volume using neutron-density and Gamma Ray methods.
• Derived Net/Gross cutoffs by performing sensitivity analysis on effective hydrocarbon column (EHC).
• Calculated water saturation using alternative appropriate methods including Archie and Waxman Smits using the SCAL data.
• Used NMR data for calculating the water saturation and permeability.
• Saturation Height Modeling by incorporating capillary pressure data using different methods including the Lambda, Brooks-Corey equations.
• QC pressure data and derived fluid contacts using RFT and logs.
• Definition of post Production fluid contact movements/sweep pattern using RST/PLT data.
• Carried out facies definition (electro-facies) using logs and geological facies description.
• Develop poro-perm transforms to predict permeability
• Definition of in-situ stresses.
• Uncertainty analysis.
• Permeability modeling using Neural Networks and porosity-permeability transforms using routine core analysis data.
• Generated synthetic logs using Neural Network technique.
• Performed uncertainty analysis of the porosity, water saturation and net/gross.
• Established the fluid contacts using the formation pressure data and log data.
• Documentation, Assurance and Review of the whole Petrophysical interpretation in detail.
• Successfully completed the “Accelerated Development Petrophysics” program run by BP’s subject matter experts.
• Attended a short course on Shaley sand analysis given by Shell’s Subject matter experts.
• Successfully completed two week’s Basic Petrophysics course “P262” run by “Shell open university” recognized by Curtin University, Australia.
• Operating System LINUX, UNIX, MS-DOS, Windows
• Programming Languages C++, Fortran
• Software TechLog
• PhD (Physics) Indian Institute of Technology Mumbai 2008
• MSc (Physics) Indian Institute of Technology Mumbai 2003 (6.51/10)
• B.Sc. (Physics) St Xavier’s College, Mumbai 2000 (82 %)
1. Design, Operations and Interpretation of CO2 and Water Injection test in Low-Permeability Saline Aquifer. SPE, 139562-MS
2. What does it take to evaluate a potential CO2 storage site? The ZeroGen Example. SPE, 137447-MS
3. Reconciliation between core and water injection test permeability in a tight saline aquifer using flow zone indicators. Shell Journal of Technology, SR.11.11237_11. Also presented at the CO2 CRC conference in Brisbane Dec 2010.
4. Thin Bed Potential: Identifying hidden pay in the Gulf of Mexico, Abstract accepted by SPE Russian Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Technical Conference and Exhibition; Document Tracking Number 171196, (2014);
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.