A dynamic professional more than 5 years of experience in overhauling of valves, rotary equipments, BOPs drilling spools etc. Adept at carrying out various tests and inspection for various processes and checking the quality standards. Understanding of ensuring that processes are conducted in accordance with guidelines and regulations.
Possesses sound knowledge of planning and initiating improvements as needed to meet changing demands or requirements. Proficiency in selection and application of
Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering,
Kerala University – TKM College of Engineering
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATES
• API 570 Authorized Piping Inspector Cert no: 51828-Jan 2014
• API 510 Authorized Pressure Vessel Inspector
• CSWIP 3.1 Certified welding inspector by The Welding Institute (TWI) Cert no: 58734- Oct 2011.
• Non Destructive Testing (NDT) Level II certified by American Society for Non Destructive Testing (ASNT) in LPT, MPT, UT and RT – Sept 2011
• NEBOSH International General Certificates in Occupational Safety & Health– May 2012
• Currently Enrolled MBA (Oil and Gas) and study ongoing
TUV Rheinland Middle East Ltd since June’14
Position: Pressure Vessel Inspector
Client: Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (ADCO)
Pressure vessel inspection.
Storage Tank Inspection
Process piping inspection
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for all the inspection activities of static equipments and piping
• Analysis of routine inspection reports and calculation of Corrosion rates, Remnant Life and Next Inspection intervals for equipment and piping.
• Preparation of future inspection plans for equipment and process piping and Scheduling of equipment for inspection using
• On stream/shut down inspection of static equipments and piping’s and issuance of inspection reports with the recommendation for repair requirement based on inspection findings. Updating the inspection reports for record
• Periodic thickness survey monitoring of equipment such as Tanks, Vessels etc and piping systems using Ultrasonic thickness meters.
• Shut down inspection of Vessels, Storage Tanks, Heat Exchangers & plant piping modification jobs
• Provision of inspection management on integrity of Pressure Systems, Non – Pressure Systems and
• Recommending replacing of the units based on the inspection results during shutdowns.
• Ensures that all site inspection & corrosion management support requirements.
• Witness pressure test of Pressure relief valves as per relevant API standards.
• Welding inspection and NDT jobs for routine repairs, Minor Plant Changes & Major Plant Changes
• Interpretation of Radiographic Films.
• Witness hydro-tests.
• Conduct welder tests.
• Coordinate with NDT group after determining the appropriate NDT method applicable to assess the equipment condition. Maintaining inspection files, keep records up-to-date. Review of final inspection test reports.
• Coordination with the maintenance department for daily activities.
• Coordinate with the NDT crews and allocate jobs for on-stream inspection as well as during plant shut downs jobs.
• Inspection of incoming materials by checking conformity to codes and standards.
Weir Engineering Services – Wesco Abu Dhabi Jan’12 to May’14
Position: QA/QC Engineer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Carry out all QA/QC related activities related to pressure controlling equipments like valves, Adapter/Drilling spools, Crossovers, BOPs etc.
• Prepare & update status report for item refurbishment related activities.
• Inspection of critical activities – i.e.
• Final Assembly & Testing
• Liaise with customer representatives.
• Carry out lean activities
• Assist with QA/QC audits.
• Assist in Lean and Health Safety activities as appropriate.
• Initiating NCR & play a team leader to find the root cause of NCR raised on any quality issue arising at any stage of manufacturing/ refurbishment.
• Conducting and handling the third party inspections for stage wise inspection, final witness of valve tests, assembling and verification of documents, etc.
• Review all quality related documents like MTC, COC, inspection report as per applicable standard and customer requirement.
• Guiding the control of repair welding, review & interpretation and witness of other NDT for piping, valves, bop and structural work.
• Effectively assist in making of new WPS (Welding Procedure Specification) and PQR (Procedure Qualification Record) as per ASME Section IX for various oil companies in Abu Dhabi.
• Interfacing during fabrication and installation to resolve any welding and inspection related problems.
• Conducting material inspection in compliance with purchase order, review & verification of material test certificates for various materials.
• Carried out initial dimensional inspection of valves, spools, mudcross etc. which comes for refurbishment and prepare inspection report regarding condition of items, flange size, bore, PCD, OD, ring groove size etc. as per API standards.
• Capable of using ring groove gauge, micrometer, vernier gauge, depth gauge and dial gauge.
• Carried out time to time calibration of measuring equipment and re certified.
• Carried out final dimensional inspection of the fabricated and refurbished items as per the approved drawings
NDE (Non Destructive Examination) Inspection
• Carried out Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) on external and internal accessible surface of ferrous material
• Carried out Liquid Penetrant inspection (LPI) on non-ferrous surface such as CRA/CRM (S/S or Inconel) inlayed ring grooves, seat pocket areas etc.
• Capable of using PMI (Positive Material Identification-BELEC) equipment to analyze the chemical composition of the items and interpreted on the grades of the material
• Carried out hardness inspection and verified whether it is in acceptable range or not as per API 6A/16A.
• Supervised the PWHT (Post weld heat treatment)/stress relieving process of weld repaired items by giving adequate information of the heating rate, soaking temperature, soaking time and cooling rate to maintain the required mechanical properties as per API.
• Witnessing the pressure test of valves and preparing reports as per API standards.
• Carry out routine monitoring of all Health Safety and environmental conditions.
• Assist with lean and continual improvement activities.
• Assist with the preparation of toolbox talks and internal safety training.
• Provide assistance in carrying out Lean activities like monitoring 3 C boards.
• Assist in preparing incidence report and any Safety violation.
MARIA ENGINEERING LLC March 2010 – Dec 2011
Position: Mechanical Engineer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise the activities of piping and piping fittings
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, Schematics and Computer generated reports.
• Assist Drafters in developing the structural design of products, using drafting tools or Computer Assisted Drawing.
• Working in document control.
• Provide feedback to design engineers on costumer problems and needs.
• Inspects work progress through site visits and review of work records to ensure proper and timely execution.
• Observes safety rules and regulations and practice good house-keeping
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.