- Main qualification: Mechanical engineering technician
- Worked as a welding technologist, a qualified stick welder, a foreman and (mostly) as a mechanical erection supervisor (steel structures, tubings, welding, equipment, instruments etc.) in Hungary and 7 other countries of 3 continents (Mainland China, Taiwan, Iran etc.)
- Participated in testing, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up furthermore performance test activities as well.
For details, dates etc. please see my Resume.
SELECTED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Entrepreneur 2004~until recently; within this period:
Mechanical Erection Supervisor and Site Manager, working with the Italian DI&CI S.r.l. in the Primary Sedimentation Area of the Budapest Central Wastewater Treatment Plant 2008~2010. The main duties were as follows:
• Received shipments of equipment and materials; checked the items in terms of quality and quantity
• Scheduled, coordinated and supervised the activities of erection workers
• Resolved work problems and recommended measures to improve productivity and quality
• Trained workers in job duties
• Participated in daily meetings with the Main Contractor Degrémont-OTV
• Prepared work progress reports (in Hungarian and English as well)
• Purchased tools, auxiliary materials and labour safety equipment
• Was aware of and complied with all relevant safety policy
– Self-Employed Entrepreneur working with the Noyvallesina Engineering S.p.A., Italy
Mechanical Erection Supervisor and/or Site Manager
Worked at erection sites of various chemical plants (such as polymer, polyester, acrylic etc.) in numerous places as follows:
Polymer, polyester and acrylic plants
Mainland China: Changde (1991), Yue Yang (1992), Qingdao (1993), Beijing (1994), Pingdingshan and Haikou (1995), Tianjin (1996), Changzhou (1997) and Pingdingshan extension (1998)
Pipe rack erection for acrylic plant
Pakistan: Hattar (1999)
Polymer plant in Taiwan: Tainan City (2000)
Polyester plant in Iran: Yazd (2001~2003)
Main duties and activities on the above projects:
• Pipe rack erection
• Piping works: manufacturing spools on the site, installation of the spools, fittings, valves, accessories and instruments, performing the pressure test, pre-commissioning and commissioning work as well as performance test
• Received shipments; checked equipment and materials
• Studied documentations in order to get a comprehensive view of the plant and discover possible discrepancies and contradictions
• Conducted and checked erection of equipment, starting with the largest ones: Columns, towers > silos > melters, tanks > compressors, blowers > pumps etc.
• Directed prefabrication of special (e.g. jacketed) pipes furthermore the installation of all the other (process and utility) piping; checking the welding connections to make sure they comply with the local and/or international standards
• Preparing isometric drawings whenever the original ones – contained by the documentations – did not match the real situations
• Directed and checked instrument installations
• Installed sensitive and expensive devices (mostly instruments) whenever the local erection workers were not experienced/trained enough to let them do the job
• Conducted pre-commissioning
• Provided assistance to Mr Mario Messi Start-up Manager during commissionings and start-ups, as well as performance tests
• Performed other duties as assigned.
– With various Hungarian subcontractor companies in Hungary and abroad 1987~91
Nagylengyel Oilfield, Hungary (high pressure oil pipes)
Connection pipeline construction from the field to
the degassing stations
VEGYÉPSZER Factory in Salgótarján – Hungary
Spool prefabrication for Tengiz Project – in Kazakhstan)
GANZ Bridge Co., Hungary (prefabricated bridge segments
for the M0 Motorway)
PROSPERITAS – Austrian Unit
Gas pipelines and district heating piping erection in Vienna
Welding on working gas pipes underpressure
Manufacturing spools for ÖMV
TOFREN MACCHINE Srl., Solto Collina, Italy
(heat resistant steel structures for power stations,
prefabricated pipeline elements)
– Hungarian State-Owned Construction Company No 31 – Libya Unit 1984~86
• Conducted the prefabrication, installation, welding and testing jobs of underground pipelines
• Controlled and organized the activities of a team of ~15 workers in a welded steel structure manufacturing workshop and – occasionally – on erection sites
• Studied the relevant documentations and optimized the fabrication process as well as the utilization of materials
• For lack of a quality control person in charge, I myself checked the quality of the products (dimensions, weldings etc.)
• Negotiated with the representative of the customer in doubtful situations in order to reach common ground.
– ÉGSZÖV Manufacturing Plant Szigethalom, Hungary 1979~1984
Coordinated and supervised 22~28 employees in a welded metal structure manufacturing warehouse
Trained employees in job duties
Calculated the necessary amounts of manpower furthermore (main and auxiliary) materials
Provided special trainings in order to improve labour safety
Prepared reports of work progress
– Csepel Unique Engine Works (Csepeli Egyedi Gépgyár) Budapest, Hungary 1971~78
• Prepared written technological instructions for each welded structure in accordance with the relevant documentations and standards. The instructions determined the proper
o Welding procedures, parameters, consumables and auxiliary materials
o Quality checks (X-ray, ultrasonic etc.)
o Post-weld heat treatment (if any)
• Clarified questionable details (related to weldings) prior to and during manufacturing.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAININGS, COURSES:
Mechanical Engineering Technician (Kossuth Lajos Gépipari Technikum, Budapest, Hungary 1971)
Trained Arc (Stick) Welder (Hungarian Standard; Budapest, 1986)
Trained Gas Torch Welder (Hungarian Standard; Budapest, 1986)
o Qualified Pipe Welder EC II./b [Stick] (Hungarian Standard; Budapest 1987)
o Qualified Pipe Welder ER II [Stick] (DIN Standard; Budapest 1987)
o Qualified Heat Resistant Steel Welder QW-483 [Stick] (Italian Standard; Solto Collina, Italy, 1991)
Computer Operator (PC Start Studio, Budapest, 2003)
COMMAND OF FOREIGN LANGUAGE:
English – upper intermediate level
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.