~Advocacy & Reporting Coordinatro
~Migration Project Manager
Qualifications & Training
Masters in Development Studies, University of the Free State, South Africa (in progress)
Bachelor of Science Honours degree in Sociology & Gender Development Studies
• Certificate: Cash Transfer Programming in Humanitarian Response Training (CALP Level 2) Save the Children, IFRC, Harare, October 2011
• Certificate: World of Red Cross (International Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies)
• Certificate: Public Relations (London Chamber of Commerce & Industry)
• Certificate: Secretarial/Admin (Pitman Examinations London)
I am a humanitarian and development professional with experience in management, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of emergency relief, recovery and developmental programmes. I have been involved in the management of developmental projects with activities related to livelihoods security and promotion, food security (incl. health and nutrition), water sanitation & hygiene promotion, social protection, governance and Cash Transfer programming. I have been involved in the formulation and development of a number of Food Security and Livelihoods projects, organisational strategic plans, fundraising, proposal development, contract negotiations and networking with various donors and key partners. I have developed research proficiency in policy analysis, very good drafting skills, and demonstrated advanced training, advisory and facilitation skills.
1. Swiss Development Cooperation (Embassy of Switzerland) – SDC Programme Associate
August 2013 to Present
• Leading the design and development of project monitoring and evaluation frameworks and plans with use of the Logical Framework, Results Based Monitoring) and other frameworks for the food security/livelihoods, water and sanitation and health programmes. Tracking and updating monitoring plans, reviewing and setting targets for projects and reporting on indicators to management and donors
• Follow up on the implementation (Project Cycle Management) of WASH, Health & Food Security component for Zimbabwe ensuring quality control
• Creation of projects, preparation of budget revisions, revision of project awards and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of a project.
• Contribute to the humanitarian and development dialogue of SDC in Zimbabwe and facilitate the technical dialogue between SDC and its partners, in particular the UN, International financial institutions, NGOs as well as Government Institutions.
2. Hivos-IMS Project – Programme Associate (Governance & Media)
Sept 2012 to July 2013
Programme implementation, financial management, administrative functions and knowledge management
• Governance and Media Programme/project implementation and ensuring conformity to expected results, outputs, objectives and work plans.
• Maintain and keep current registers and control plans on the status of projects at the formulation, implementation and operational stages.
• Pre-screening project concepts and project proposals and evaluation of the financials of the project proposals.
• Development and amendment of application forms, management tools and requirements of the programme. Advise potential grantees on technical project preparation issues.
• Provide technical support to new and already approved projects.
• Assist in project implementation and monitoring, including participation in field visits.
• Drafting progress reports and other reporting material.
• Review and process payment requests from grantees and vendors.
• Maintain financial integrity of the programme both internally and externally, implement and monitor accounting systems and databases. Review financial reports submitted by grantees and advise as required.
• Draft administrative budget proposals. Enter, extract, transfer data from the internal database and produce reports.
• Establish proper filing systems.
• Draft routine correspondence and communications
• Preparation of background information and documentation, updating data relevant to the programme areas and compile background material.
• Ensure proper security management of information and dissemination of material with all concerned.
• Ensuring all reporting and submission deadlines are met.
• Promotion of organisational learning and knowledge sharing.
3. International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies – Programme Assistant (Food Security and Livelihoods)
June 2009 to August 2012
Technical support to the National Society (Zimbabwe Red Cross) in coordinating and managing food security and livelihoods projects, Water & Sanitation, Health and Disaster management projects in 8 Provinces in Zimbabwe as well as providing effective support to management of department programmes focusing on the achievement of the following results:
• Creation of projects, preparation of budget revisions, revision of project awards and project status, determination of unutilised funds, operational and financial closure of projects.
• Support the National Society (16 Project Officers in 8 provincial offices) by defining aims and objectives of the overall food security, livelihoods and nutrition programs.
• Authorisation of expenditure within defined budget lines and monitoring programme ‘burn rate’ through constant variance analysis and consolidating budget lines reconciliation reports.
• Implementation of a WFP funded Health and Social Safety Net Programme in 27 districts with food aid between 2009 and 2012. Programme sought to achieve nutrition rehabilitation of moderately malnourished pregnant and lactating women, children between the ages of 6-59 months, HIV positive and TB clients, Orphaned and Vulnerable Children and other vulnerable households with distribution of 200Mt of food on a monthly basis. Lead in the development of distribution plans, food distribution reports, and working closely with logistics teams, warehousing of food commodities and supervision of field monitors.
• Leading and carrying out assessments on emergency food security, vulnerable households and participation in national surveys such as Zimbabwe Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment (ZimVac) Early Warning Famine Systems.
• Design of proposal writing of projects integrating agricultural support, livelihoods, water and sanitation from the Japanese Government. Project funded to the tune of US$1.5m from February 2012 to Dec 2012 assisting 10,000 households in five provinces in Zimbabwe.
• Designed and implemented a food security and livelihoods project comprising components of Food Vouchers, Agricultural input supply provision through seed fairs, food vouchers, cash for work, horticulture production and water and sanitation. Project funded by the Japanese Government (US$1.4m) from January 2011 to Dec 2011.
• Assist in managing, supervising, coaching and mentoring National Society team and assist with supervision of more than 400 volunteers working with project beneficiaries to ensure accountability to objectives.
• Coordinate and manage undertaking impact evaluations and progress of interventions and programs as well as overall project progress against established performance indicators.
• Capturing, documenting and disseminating lessons learnt and promote inter-agency learning and general programme improvement through review meetings and M&E and ensuring that such learning is integrated into global policy and guidelines.
• Represent the International Federation of the Red Cross at various stakeholder meetings at national and international level.
• Provide support to the Programme coordinator and team on finance matters, ensuring timely processing of cash requests, working advance returns, verification of codes, cash transfers to NS, mission expenses, etc.
• Assist in the design and preparation of studies on humanitarian, disaster and emergency relief.
• Maintain awareness of current humanitarian affairs and related issues.
• Personal Assistant to the Country Representative
Manage relations and organize accreditation of IFRC delegates with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Manage relations with diplomatic corps, UN agencies, Partner National Societies, International Committee of the Red Cross and other Non-Governmental Organizations.
Develop and maintain a database for all external relations in Harare.
Liaise with the Zone Office in Johannesburg on behalf the Federation Country Representative.
Provide various PA duties including management of Federation Country Representative’s diary; drafting letters/faxes and other correspondence, drawing up programs for selected visitors to the Federation Country Representation Office.
Follow up on administrative tasks and organize meetings for the Federation Country Representative.
Liaison with the Africa Zone, Geneva and other Federation delegations and Red Cross National Societies in the region.
Organize and manage workshops, seminars and conferences for the Red Cross Movement
Participate in Senior Management meeting and taking minutes.
4. Embassy of Sweden – Project Associate (Human Rights and Democracy)
June 2002 to May 2009
• Work closely with local NGO’s in assisting to effectively implement programs.
• Provide technical assistance to local NGO’s in accordance to the SIDA standards.
• Provide assessment and organisational capacity NGO’s building for local.
• Organizing and coordinating, functions/seminars.
• Travel Administration, scrutiny of Travel Claim Forms; follow up on Travel and Entertainment expenses.
• Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Administration Officer
• Establish and maintain network, coordinate with other Donor Agencies in the field.
• Liaison with the Government, Embassies and the UN.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.