Accomplished HSE professional with 24 years of experience, in upstream and downstream projects, land drilling and operational facilities with strong leadership and team building skills.
CSP, Certified Safety Professional (Board of Certified Safety Professionals)
CSHM, Certified Safety & Health Manager-Institute of Safety & Health Management (ISHM)
Grad-IOSH, Graduate Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (UK-IOSH)
Weatherford International Drilling, Dubai
01/2015 – Present
• Provide health, safety and environmental (HSE) guidance to leadership teams operating across 10 countries. Sever as a mentor in HSE leadership to promote compliance with company policies as well as relevant laws and regulations.
• Create and implement HSE campaigns, analyze trends and develop intervention plans including developing a series of hand and finger injury prevention videos in 5 languages. Designed and printed posters and leading indicators in an effort to reduce hand injuries.
• Oversee the performance outcomes of staff by creating and executing HSE staff development programs such as global HSE coordination interfaces, deployed training for junior staff and setting program KPI’s.
• Developed and executed strategies for an HSE Management System and HSE Cultural and System Enhancement. Progressed the cultural change of line management accountability for HSE systems implementation and performance.
Reliance Industries Ltd (PM Group), India
01/2013 – 01/2015
VP (Project Manager) of Health, Safety and Environmental – RIL Dehaj Manufacturing Division Expansion
• Directed and oversaw HSE guidance for a mega project and developed a world class HSE management system for Dahej Petrochemical Complex expansions.
• Led teams charged with developing and commissioning of new process units, pipelines, four coal fired power stations, water treatment facilities, laboratories, high-rise housing, administration buildings, and automated material movement and storage facilities.
• Completed a large portion of the expansion project under SIMOPS in existing operational process units.
• Managed mega project with no lost time incident during 15 million hours of work. Managed the performance of a workforce of 20,000 that worked a total of over 80 million hours. Implemented DuPont Leadership and behavioral program.
ORYX-GTL Refinery, Qatar
04/2011 – 01/2013
Head of Safety Department – Oryx GTL Facility
• Developed and implemented occupational and process safety management, emergency preparedness/response and contractor’s safety systems for the entire organization.
• Updated and maintained management systems including safety management, incident, and emergency response. Ensured maintenance of OHSAS 18001 systems.
• Oversaw contractor assessment and ensured training results of all emergency preparedness and response teams.
• Analyzed Process Hazards and implemented process safety, fire safety and emergency response strategies for the organization.
• Created a comprehensive budget (CAPX and OPEX) for the department.
• Revitalized the HSE Leadership culture and Behavior Bases Observation program resulting in Zero recordable incidents for 4 years.
• Implemented a Hand Safety Program, resulting in a major drop in injuries.
Exxon Mobile Development Company (Consultant)
Senior Project Safety Advisor ~ Emission Control Project Castle Peak Power Station, CLP Power Inc.
Hong Kong, 09/2007 – 12/2010
• Developed strategies and systems for project safety, health and security systems during the Erection and Commissioning of EC Project at Castle Peak Power Station.
• Directed a professional leadership team including Site Safety Lead Advisor, Safety Officers, Safety Supervisors, Project MD, Project HSE Advisor, Environmental Offers, Registered Nurses and a Security Superintendent.
• Developed and led staff HSE training and contributed to incident investigation and case management.
• Contributed to SIMOPS systems and systems designed to mitigate risk.
• Project completed 4 million hours without a lost time incident.
• Instrumental in the development of HSE systems in support of high-impact HSE performance. Collaborated with the Project Director and Project Team to complete and execute systems.
Subproject Safety Advisor
EPC 3, NGL 2, East Areas Project
06/2006 – 09/2007, Nigeria
• Led the HSE and Security system re-alignment and implementation during the Erection and Commissioning of the NGL-2 Expansion project at Bonny Island MPN NGL facility.
• Directed a team including site Safety Lead Advisor, Safety Advisor and Safety Officer.
• Interfaced with the EM operations unit MPN on project related HSE issues. Conducted EMDC staff HSE training to ensure compliance on safety systems.
• Investigated incidents and managed cases.
• Key contributor to the development of HSE systems in support of high impact HSE performance.
• Drove execution of safety systems resulting in 5 million hours without a lost time incident.
• Led project to win the EMDC safety project of the year award for 2007.
Lead Safety Advisor In-country ~ EPC 4 A, Retrofit & Revamp, East Areas Project, 08/2005 – 06/2006 – Nigeria
• Directed onshore and offshore HSE activities for the project designed to reengineer 16 offshore production platforms and wellheads. Managed safety advisors, environmentalist and safety officers.
• Made direct contributions to the project including EMDC staff HSE training, incident investigations, field based training and interfacing with EM operations unit MPN. Also assisted the EPC contractor in the development of all HSE systems.
• Contributed to the completion of 1.4 million hours with no lost time incidents.
Stone And Webster Asia Inc. China Light and Power/Exxon Mobile, Hong Kong
07/2003 – 08/2005
Safety, Health, Environmental and Security Manager – EPC Black Point Power Station Project Construction of C &7* Combined Cycle Units
• Developed and implemented new HSE procedures and policies using local standards, regulations, laws and corporate systems (in both the US and UK). Ensured compliance with local regulatory and contract requirements.
• Developed an OHSAS 18001 Safety Management System and an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
• Oversaw all safety, health, security, commissioning, environmental, industrial hygiene and emergency response efforts for the duration of the project.
• Key member of team responsible for earning the “Notable Contender” EMDC corporate award for Safety Contractors in 2004. Also won the Hong Kong Occupational Safety and Health Council “Outstanding Safety Performance and Safety Enhancement Program” Award.
Columbia Southern University
Masters of Science, Occupational Safety and Health Management, 2009
Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety and Health, 2004
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.