With a background in Dental Nursing, I quickly progressed to Practice Management level. I have recently been heavily involved with the implementation of a structured, robust health & safety system into my employers practice which has sparked an interest in this industry. I have therefore began studies by taking on the NEBOSH International certificate and OSHA Courses to become a proficient H&S Advisor and pursue a career at a national or international level. I am currently working towards the Ne
Safety Relevant Education & Qualifications
• NEBOSH International Certificate in occupational Health And Safety
• Health and Safety At Work British Standards Award Level 1
• First Aid at Work
• BTEC Preparing To Teach In the lifelong Learning Sector
• Nebosh Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Pending
OSHA Course Content
• Occupational Safety and Health Professional
• Occupational Safety and Health Trainer (Train-The-Trainer)
• Safety and Health Committee/Team Leader
• Occupational Safety and Health Specialist
• Occupational Safety and Health Supervisor
• Safety and Health Committee/Team Member
Other Education & Qualifications
• National Certificate for Dental Surgery Assistants, 1985
• National Certificate for Dental Nurses, 2010
• RSA I & II Typewriting
• Pitman I & II Typewriting
• Pitman 50 & 70 Wpm Shorthand
• Pitman I Accounts
• O Levels in Greek Literature, Computer Science, English Language, Religious Education and Geography.
Dec 2013 – Present
DNC Steel Fabrication
I am employed with DNC Engineering as their health and safety advisor. I am currently helping with the ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 and OSHAS 18001 certification
of the company and implementation of the H/S management system and conducting health and safety awareness training to the employees of the company.
2010 – Present
Downshire Dental Practice
Practice Manager / Health & Safety Advisor
H&S Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide leadership and direction with respect to core health & safety functions.
• Acting as H&S Advisor to provide a constant review of safety plans including equipment certification, PPE suitability, COSHH requirements along with medical procedures and training.
• Insure that team members are adequately informed, skilled, equipped and supervised to conduct their duties safely, in compliance with current regulations.
• Assist with the design and implementation of Health and safety policies and decontamination policies for in line with Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority (RQIA) requirements and the Health & Safety Executive.
• Analyse corporate and functional level issues and provide solutions whilst ensuring that strategic, operational and tactical needs are met.
• Completing site audits, method statements, risk assessments, and integrating Health & Safety strategies.
Practice Manager Duties
• Manage and support non-Clinical team.
• Assist Practice with employment, development, discipline and general personnel matters.
• Oversee Practice staffing to achieve optimum operational and financial performance.
• Manage finances and banking, validate and pay or forward invoices, forward claims to the DPB, reconcile payments.
• Develop and report against the Practices business plan.
• Help to reduce the use of Clinicians time on non-clinical tasks.
• Monitor appointments and referrals, help to minimise failed appointments.
• Manage cash and banking, validate and forward invoices, reconcile records.
• Monitor client feedback, complaints procedures, exception reports, etc.
• Monitor Practice compliance with Clinical Governance and NHS requirements.
• Oversee maintenance of all Practice equipment and liaise with suppliers.
• Inspect the fabric, services, equipment and security and initiate repairs.
• Conduct self in a manner that builds and maintains a reputation of professionalism.
• Perform other related duties within the ability to do or to learn that will help maintain a high standard of patient care.
April 2001 – 2009
Regional Orthodontic Department, St James Hospital
Practice Manager / Dental Nurse
Manager Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintenance of exceptional patient care policies and procedures.
• Manage and coordinate a tea of nurses, dentists, specialists and hygienists.
• Induct new members of staff and take charge of staff development.
• Monitoring absence and sickness records.
• Monitoring clinicians KPI’s to ensure targets are met.
• Ensure overall excellent standards.
• Manage patient waiting times effectively.
• Proactively sell consumables.
• Devise and implement marketing strategies.
• Occasional Receptionist duties.
Dental Nurse Duties & Other Responsibilities
• Assisting the Dental Officer during routine, emergency treatment and assisting with Bond ups, Archwire changes, Debonds and Retainer checks
• Preparation of the surgery for dental treatment.
• Use of Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) protocols.
• Administrative duties (making patient appointments, monitoring bookings on the IT system, answering the phones, document handling)
1999 – 2001
Mark Mc Kelvey
Practice Manager/Receptionist/Dental nurse
Duties & Responsibilities
• Book keeping
• Stock taking
• Marketing of the practice
• Dealing with patient queries
• Assisting dentist
• Mixing dental materials
• Cross infection control
• Supervision of trainee dental nurses
• Receptionist duties
Previous Career History Brief
1996 – 1999
Denta call was an out of hours emergency clinic, which facilitated patients who were in pain after 6pm in the evening, and at weekends. Treatment included root canal treatment, extractions, temporary dressings, and the issuing of prescriptions. I assisted during all procedures and receptionist duties.
1986 – 1988
11th June Clinic, Tripoli LIBYA
I was employed by the Libyan Red Crescent, which provided health and dental care treatment to the local community and oil company employees. There were 26 intern beds allocated to the dental department.
Procedures included oral surgery procedures such as surgical extraction of lower 8, and gingivectomies, apicectomies and routine dental treatment.
1988 – 1989
Eastmans Dental Hospital, London
I worked in the periodontal department of the hospital, helping to treat patients who suffered from chronic gingivitis, and I assisted during all surgical procedures.
1989 – 1996
I married in 1989 and decided to stay at home and look after my two children, until 1996 when I decided to return to work.
1983 – 1986
Michael Hughes BDS QUB
Senior Dental Nurse
Responsible for providing a high standard of service to patients by dealing safely and promptly with their requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assisting dentists and other dental care professionals within the practice.
• Supervising trainee dental nurses.
• Careful sterilization of dental instruments to ensure sterile conditions.
• Managing the clinicians diary.
• Taking notes from dentists dictation for patients records.
• Explaining to patients what their treatment entails, informed consent.
• Working on reception.
• Welcoming patients and directing them to the waiting room.
• Making appointments and taking payments.
• Administrative duties.
• Taking Pan oral xrays and developing these and intra oral xrays.
• Assisting dental care professionals with procedures such as extractions, fillings, root canal procedures.
• Preparation of surgery for dental treatment.
• Cross infection control.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.