An established, successful, MCP-qualified individual with extensive experience heading up IT Departments across South Africa and Pakistan, primarily within the financial industry. Has a proven track record within Core Operations, Credits, Consumer Finance, Trade Finance, Treasury and Finance and is proficient within the delivery of multiple / complex IT projects within set timeframes, budgets and to a high professional standard.
Education And Qualifications
MCP Microsoft Certified Professional (2000)
Masters Business Administration (MBA) (1998)
Masters of Science Applied Mathematics (1996)
MANAGER / HEAD OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT (Sep 2011 – to date)
Habib Overseas Bank (South Africa)
• Currently working as project lead responsible for handling Head of Online Banking, upgrade of Treasury (conventional) and network modification (MPLS)
• Dealing with the implementation processes, including developing, customising, Unit Testing and UAT / signoff processes
• Playing an instrumental role as Head of a team of three on the PIBAS implementation of Pak Rupees Remittances and Cash Threshold Report (2012) responsible for implementing the remittance / CTR modules
• Personally responsible for the provision of ongoing support and guidance to business and technical consultants in finalising functional specification documents (FSDs) for new development and customisation
• Working in close collaboration with business users, communicating their requirements to systems developers to enable customisation and development of local key business areas based on FSDs
• Gaining understanding and knowledge of legacy system business processes and branch operations
PROJECT MANAGER NDC (Jul 2008 – Jul 2011)
Banking Application TEMNOS (T24)
• Facilitating signoff processes in UAT and branch mitigation by users, Audit and Risk Divisions
• Gaining valuable understanding of working with Finance and General Ledger Books, utilised for finalising COA including mapping of old GL Accounts to T24 Accounts / GL Lines
• Personally responsible for the planning and management of project activities in delivering against challenging timeframes and budgets in close collaboration with project resources, vendors and other stakeholders
• Acting as key point of contact for any issues, accountable for obtaining approvals for change in process, addressing training needs and fixing issues in the system
• Coordinating with Bank Data Mitigation experts when identifying any migration-related issues
• Effective managing successful Mock Runs / UAT before Go-Live, securing verification and authorisation of mitigation processes through Audit and Risk Division
HEAD OF I.T (Branch I.T Operations & Support) (Jun 2006 – Jun 2008)
Oman International Bank Limited
• RTGS – dealing with SBP software for online treasury deals, clearing and swift operations, installation, configuration of routers, BRI circuit and wireless connectivity
• Computerisation of Karachi Bank – installing the PIBASPLUS, hardware and online systems
• Computerisation of Lahore Branch – as above
• Computerisation of Gwadar Branch – as above
• Personally responsible for the management of the team in supporting operations and activities on a daily basis, including the utilisation of Visual Basic with Microsoft SQL platform to develop the system
• Providing valuable support and guidance to members of the Operation and Treasury Department and to Branches for automated operations
• Examining the existence and adequacy of controls and checks necessary to adhere to the strategies, policies and requirements of the Business Processes
IN-CHARGE (IT Operations & Support in Branches) (Jun 2002 – Jun 2006)
PICIC Commercial Bank Ltd
• Supervising and supporting computer and business operations on the banking application PIBAS (Pioneers International Banking Application System) and communication activity
• Analysing, designing, testing and implementing in-house developed software in FoxPro and Visual Basic
• Successfully implementing infrastructure and automation of newly opened branches in various Pakistan cities
• Performing various tests and controls to ensure the security and integrity of data as well as upgrading and maintaining Operation Modules on PIBAS
• Additionally responsible for the management and supervision of the migration of Banking Application Environment Novell 3.12 to Windows 2000 environment
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.