A proactive, diligent and fully committed senior management professional, combining over 25 years extensive knowledge.
Store Manager (2004 – Present)
Area Manager (2007 – Present)
Uzzi Clothing [Truworths]
• A varied and multi functional role with overall responsibility to proactively lead activities in a busy and fast paced retail operation; building positive key relationships to successfully deliver strong operational and financial results and drive sales and profit growth across the stores, in specifically;
• Full efficient daily operational management ensuring a smooth delivery of service excellence at all times in line with company business strategy, aims and objectives
• Ensuring that turnover, ROS, ROAM and New accounts growth are excelling
• Lead and manage an efficient cross functional team of staff including; training, search and selection, performance management / reviews and KPIs ensuring full compliance with all organisations policies and procedures
• Conduct staff investigations and discipline matters when required including chairing of disciplinary hearings
• Process both weekly and monthly planning of staff
• Responsible for overall merchandising, ensuring that displays and merchandising standards are maintained within the stores at the highest level, creating visual merchandising for store layout, ideas and promotions
• Provide invaluable support, training and guidance to team maintaining a highly focused and proactive team of self-reliant, independent thinkers working as a team in particular driving the ACE program
• Ensure continuous improvement in high level customer service and support, personally understanding needs and requirements whilst liaising at all levels, dealing proactively with customer complaints and queries
• Stock management including; loss, movement, hanger counts, AM checklist and conducting stock takes
• Liaising effectively with head office and suppliers to ensure a smooth delivery of services at all times
• Devising and implementing procedures and systems to comply with all industry legislations and company policies and procedures including; health & safety, training/development, service provisions and talent spotting
• Financial management including responsibility for managing expense reports, planning budgets for new financial year, stock movement and leasing with buyers
• Adapting to changes proactively implementing core procedures with regards to cost savings; spend to save programmes and tight budgetary control, together with KPI reporting
Store Manager – Promoted after 6 months to Area Manager (1999 – 2004)
Oxygen Clothing [Intergraded to Rage]
Senior Salesmen – Promoted to Merchandiser and then to Buyer overseeing Men’s Wear, Formal Wear and Accessories ( 1988 – 1998)
Boymans Group [John Scott / John Orrs]
Education And Qualifications
Himalaya Secondary School Standard 8:
English | Afrikaans | Maths | Science | Geography | Business Economics | Industrial Arts
English & Afrikaans
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.