An ambitious and dedicated Finance Reporting Analyst with 20 years’ experience in the mining industry. Possesses a proven track record of consistent career progression.
BHP BILLITON ENERGY COAL LTD., Marshalltown, South Africa (2003 – date)
Finance Reporting Analyst (2013 – date)
• Prioritizing workload and managing time to fulfil multiple responsibilities simultaneously, including budgeting and forecasting, conducting EBIT variance analysis / commentary, period end close and consolidating results
• Maintaining a keen attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy at all times, while ensuring consist compliance with all relevant policies, procedures and regulations
Financial Accountant, Marketing (2011 – 2013)
• Performing a diverse range of tasks on a daily basis, including managing working capital, governance, profit margin analysis, period end close and GSAP Overhead
• Working Capital: preparing cash flow forecasts for timely submission; entering outstanding invoices forecasted on to the system; confirming payments made to vendors and signing off daily payments
• Governance: Aligning master vendor/customer data, contracts and GLD; SOX compliance; checking buy-inn calculations against contracts/approved invoices; monthly reconciliations and storing documents
• Profit Margin Analysis: Preparing comprehensive PA reports for timely submission, ensuring a high degree of accuracy
• Period end Close: Allocating costs for monthly journals; checking pre-FOB, rail and buy-inn provisions; following-up aged provisions (GRIR); CLOCO and checking intercompany sales to BMAG are accounted for
• GSAP Overhead: Receiving monthly invoices, obtaining approval and submitting for payment in accordance with stipulated deadlines, also, reallocating costs to correct GL accounts in GSAP co code 4030
Business Process and Data Coach, Manganese SA 1SAP Project (2011 May – Nov)
Local Process Lead, Intercompany, SBS, SA (2008 – 2011)
• Effectively leading, developing and motivating a team of 3 whilst focussing on continuously global process improvement in collaboration with GPIS and the function team
• Developing productive working relationships with fellow Supervisors to deliver global process standardization and providing timely reports detailing operational/management Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Performance managing staff including scheduling work, delivering appropriate training sessions and resolving conflicts, ensuring that all required documentation relating to relevant procedures is accurately maintained
• Fulfilling responsibilities as the point of escalation for senior staff within the team, responding promptly to high level queries/issues and leading the team by setting expectations and developing competencies
• Coordinating the timely distribution of process work, redefining priorities where required, managing risk and facilitating the development of technical skills within the team
• Ensuring that internal controls are detected, reported and functioning correctly, monitoring implementation of improved controls and managing FSDM (transition project) to ensure adequate training of CSG/Asset staff
BHP BILLITON SA LTD continued.
Intercompany Administrator, SBS SA (2007 – 2008)
Assistant Financial Cost Accountant, SBS SA (2005 – 2007)
General Ledger Administrator, SBS SA (2005 Jan – Mar)
Accounts Payable Specialist, SBS SA (2003 – 2004)
WESTERN CHROME MINES (SAMANCOR LTD.), South Africa (1994 – 2003)
Temporary Assistant Financial Account (2002 – 2003)
Requested to relieve Junior Cost Accountant (2002 Mar – Apr)
Administration Clerk (1994 – 1997)
Receptionist / Clerk (1994 Feb – Apr)
Education and Qualifications
Foundation Stage, Intermediate Stage and Technical stage
AETA – CBET, South Africa (1998 – 2000)
N1 – N6, Secretarial and Commercial
Technical College, Pietersburg, South Africa (1993)
Senior School Certificate: 6 subjects including English
South Africa (1992)
Business Communication Onsite Training (2010)
Presentation Skills Onsite Training (2010)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.