QUEEN MARY, UNIVERSITY OF LONDON 2013-2014
MSc in Law and Finance (expected)
• Financial Models and Derivatives in a Legal Context • Quantitative Methods for Finance • Principles of Accounting
• Regulation of Financial Markets • Law and Finance in Practice
BOURNEMOUTH UNIVERSITY 2008 – 2012
First-class honours (72.25%) achieved in LLB Law
• Graduated at the top of my class
• Steele Raymond LLP Best Overall Law Student for Bournemouth University
• Dissertation graded at 85%
STANDARD BANK, Compliance 2014
• Responsible for KYC (“Know Your Customer”) profiles in the base metals team, ensuring anti-money laundering and sanctions regulatory requirements are upheld.
• Liaise with Account Executives in order to review and validate information obtained from clients for compliance purposes.
• Responsible for collating, organising and presenting KYC data for management.
• Analysing profit and loss, volume and VAR (“Value at Risk”) data to assess the performance of the base metals team in light of extra regulation.
BATES WELLS & BRAITHWAITE LLP, Legal Administrator 2010 – 2011
• Legal research skills demonstrated by research on the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and potential exemptions from financial promotion regulations. This was for a published report based on a proposed bespoke legal regime for social finance.
• Company law experience demonstrated by charity and company registrations. This includes a strong understanding of London Law, Companies House and Charity Commission procedures.
• Corporate governance experience demonstrated by drafting special resolutions to reflect client needs such as altering objects, powers and limited private benefit in the case of charities.
• Accounting experience demonstrated by global billing of major clients.
• Compliance experience demonstrated by ensuring client compliance with solicitors’ professional regulations and anti-money laundering regulations.
• Time management skills demonstrated by balancing deadlines for multiple fee earners in demanding and busy periods.
LAW, FINANCE AND ECONOMICS
QUEEN MARY ECONOMICS SOCIETY MAGAZINE 2013-2014
• Research, analysis and writing skills demonstrated by working as a journalist for the “The Chronicle of Economic Affairs.” Available at; http://qmuleconsoc.com/magazine/
• Examples of articles include a review of Ben Bernanke’s performance as Federal Reserve Chairman and a critical analysis of the institutional framework of the European Central Bank.
LAW, FINANCE AND ECONOMICS BLOG 2012-2013
• Commercial awareness demonstrated by critically analysing developments in law, finance and economics for a personal blog while balancing a full-time teaching job. Available at; http://lfereview.blogspot.co.uk/
• Examples of articles include an analysis of the Supreme Courts judgment on the FSA’s client money rules and trade imbalances in the Eurozone.
BLOOMBERG APTITUDE TEST 2013
• Scored 550, which is ranked at the 89th percentile.
• Particularly high scores in news analysis, economics and investment banking. (ID; B138217787940)
FINANCIAL SERVICES AUTHORITY INSIGHT DAY 2010
• Gained experience and understanding of the regulatory role of the FSA in the light of the financial crisis, with the importance of the law in the wider economy of London being emphasised.
• Developed an understanding of the risk based approach that the FSA developed through training exercises.
CITY SOLICITOR EDUCATIONAL TRUST (CSET) 2009
• Attended an intensive one-week residential skills training event focused on the modern commercial legal world and the wider economy in which legal practice takes place.
• Networked with recruiters, trainee solicitors, associates and partners from leading law firms.
TEACHING, SPORT AND TRAVEL
XIANGJUN SCHOOL, Foreign Language Expert, China 2012-2013
• Lived and worked at a private boarding school in Changsha, China for an academic year.
• Responsible for planning and delivering English lessons to Chinese students aged between six and thirteen.
• Leadership and motivational skills demonstrated by controlling classes of up to fifty students.
• Designed and implemented a bespoke syllabus for future foreign language teachers, which included lesson plans, monthly themes and term targets.
CAMP CAYUGA, Assistant Tennis Director, USA 2011-2013
• Lived and worked at a summer camp in the USA for three summers.
• Responsible for twelve children, aged between four and eight, for up to eight weeks. Due to their young age, the level of attention and worked required was magnified.
• Responsible for supervising the tennis activity programme, delivering tennis lessons, organising inter-camp games and assisting in the planning and delivery of camp activities.
SPORT AND COACHING
• Extensive experience in both playing and coaching football and tennis.
• Football Association Level 1 Qualified coach.
• Achievements in sport recognised by being awarded the Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.