A dynamic professional possessing with nearly 12 years of experience in Insurance Coordinator & Claims Processing,Liaison & Coordination, Customer Service, ,Auditing,Team Management.
Possesses a clear understanding of the Insurance industry with the distinction of instituting new practices to achieve business excellence at the lowest overall cost. Extensive experience in Insurance: approval criteria, policy servicing and claims processing (including claims evaluation, processing, auditing )
• A dynamic professional possessing nearly 12 years of experience in:
~Insurance Coordinator & Claims Processor ~Liaison&Coordination ~Customer Service ~Auditing ~Team Management
• Possesses a clear understanding of the Insurance industry with the distinction of instituting new practices to achieve business excellence at the lowest overall cost.
• Expertise in analyzing various systems & procedures and implementing risk assessment tools for facilitating effective decision making by the management; knowledge of medical codes such as (ICD 9CM,ICD10CM,CPT, HCPCS and drug code)
• Extensive experience in Insurance: Approval criteria, Policy servicing and Claims processing (including claims evaluation, processing, auditing and reporting)
• An effective communicator with distinguished abilities in motivating, training and retaining team members for successful process operations.
• Formulating & implementing Insurance guidelines, processes, workflow, application forms, etc.
• Overseeing claim procedures involving validity assessment and approvals of high value claims in compliance with regulatory requirements
• Setting out quality standards for various operational areas and ensuring a high-quality customer experience, while adhering to the SLAs and work processes
• Administering customer centric operations, forwarding customer instructions to the concerned department and ensuring customer satisfaction by achieving delivery & service quality norms
• Managing long-term insurance claims, reassessing them regularly & making recommendations for the settlement of claims
• Creating and sustaining a dynamic environment that fosters development opportunities and motivates high performance amongst team members
Oct’09 – Aug’14:
Al Madallah Healthcare Management Services, Dubai
As a Medical Claims Processing Supervisor
Key Result Areas:
• Handled calls related to various queries &qualifying information from clients, members &providers
• Accounted for logging all telephone enquiries, updating member’s medical file, medicine lists as per policy, medical coding guidelines &coding (ICD 9CM,ICD10 CM CPT, HCPCS and drug code)
• Expedited& completed the administrative and demographic portion of the pre-authorization screen module for each request received from the provider/ clients / members
• Served as a SPOC for activities related to claims including claims evaluation, processing, auditing and reporting; handled outpatient claims such as UAE network submission claims, resubmission claims, reconciliation, international claims, and reimbursement claims
• Managed all international cases & established an international client network (Member claims from international network hospital ,clinic , pharmacies)
• Liaised with some major local & international insurance companies, TPA’s & insurance brokers
• Contributed in developing, updating &implementing the guidelines for evaluation &processing of medical claims as well as policies procedures related to medical claim review process
• Assisted in all Pre-authorization requirements for inpatient admission
• Visited providers for follow up on clients & gathered feedback on their health status
• Confirmed accurate application of contractual prices & discounts, schedule of benefits, correct allocation of benefits, collection of deductibles, co-payments, observance of policy limits and adherence to claims submission protocols
• Audited claims to ensure completeness & correctness of batches as per certain auditing criteria, guidelines and applied the high cost authority matrix when needed
• Examined medical necessity& consistency in diagnosis procedure &drug codes &descriptions stated on the claims according to accepted medical coding rules and guidelines
• Imparted training to members on processors & about insurance protocols, processing claims and answering common processing queries W.R.T. policy, terms and conditions
• Holds the merit of implementing E- prescriptions , e-claim processing –with drug codes in web based software systems in the organisation to ensure proper documentation of claims forms
• Received Best Employee of the Year from the employers for MOH drug list classified according to policies , and implemented in software
• Efficiently handled problems like High cost claims in all pharmacy and medical related issues as opportunities and dealt with difficult challenges by implementing e-claims system updates and Verbal approvals by call centre
• Tactfully dealt with clients like Non coverable members , Doctors ,pharmacist and demonstrated excellent leadership skills that helped in solving major issue – Exclusions , other policy related issues
• Competently built long-term and profitable relationships with clients by offering them best policy coverage , good network providers, best call centre support solution for various complaints
Feb’07 – Aug’09:
Fathima Healthcare Management Services, Dubai
As Insurance Officer
Key Result Areas:
• Handled both Outpatient & Inpatient approval requests from providers & clients.
• Coordinating with providers and qualifying information needed to access cases.
• Evaluating Approval requests both medically & policy wise to grant approval/rejection.
• Accounted for claims evaluation/ processing/ re-conciliation of claims verifying all evaluated claims before sending to the provider.
• Evaluated re-imbursement claims such as international claims and non-network claims
Nov’04 – Nov’06:
PWC Logistics, Kuwait (Ministry of Health Project – Central Medical Store Administration)
As a Stock controller
Oct’02 – Nov’04:
Sriram Medicals, Ayyampet ,Thanjavur
As a Pharmacist
• MS Office Suite, Photoshop Literate, Windows & Internet Applications
• Typing Speed – 50wpm
• Bachelor of Pharmacy from Thanthai Roever College of Pharmacy, Perambular, Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai
• Industry program in Clinical Trials, Research &Administration from Bioinformatics Institute of India, Noida, in 2013
• Advanced Medical coding and Billing (AMCB)from ALDOS MEDICAL SERVICES PVT LTD
• Information Technology Professional (ITP) includes [ICD-10 and 5010 Mandate – A Technology View, Health Insurance an Orientation, Overview of Payer IT ]from American Health insurance Plan (AHIP)
• Basics of Health Insurance from UDEMY
• Understanding HIPAA for the Medical Office from UDEMY
• Business of Medicine from UDEMY
• Medical case studies from UDEMY
• Forum Professional in Supply Chain Management from Sify in2006
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.