I am a highly competent and passionate Gents Hairdresser with over 10 years experience, and have owned my own business since 2006. I am a great team player and leader, and enjoy interacting with the general public. I hold a full and clean UK/European Drivers’ Licence and have been driving for 9 years (since 2002).
My last school was:
Broadoak Secondary School. Weston-Super-Mare
Qualifications: GCSE’s in: Mathematics (Grade C)
English Language (Grade C)
English Literature (Grade C)
NVQ Levels 2 & 3 in Gents Hairdressing
Training: Courses with: L’Oreal
2006 – Present: Chop Barbers, Wells Salon, (own business)
I am a partner in a productive Gents Hair salon in the centre of Wells, Somerset, which opened in 2006.
• Currently employ 2 full-time stylists
• Manage daily salon duties including all business aspects and promotions and advertising
• Trained 3 junior trainees to junior stylist level, one of whom has since been promoted to a full stylist
January 2006 – October 2006: Chop Barbers, Cheddar Salon
Manager in a busy Gents and Ladies salon in the centre of Cheddar, Somerset. My duties included:
• Managing a team of 7 people, including stylists and juniors
• Training 1 junior to junior stylist level
• Being active in all areas of both a Ladies and Gents hairdressing salon, including reception, customer service and stylist
June 2005 – December 2005
I travelled around Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and USA and worked for 2 months in Cairns, North Queensland, Australia, in the following occupations:
• Night Security and Reception Duties in a backpackers hostel
• Active member in a group of up to 20 members of staff, working in the bar, kitchens and reception
• I was relied upon to self-manage and motivate
• Sole member of hostel for night security
• Drove minibus to several destinations in Cairns
March 2002 – June 2005: Chop Barbers, Cheddar Salon
Started as stylist, specialising in Gents hairdressing and then trained to become Manager:
• Obtained Diploma from L’Oreal in London in hair colouring
• Trained within company to become Salon Manager
• Managed a team of up to 7 personnel
• Trained 1 junior to become a stylist, who later went on to become a salon manager
August 2000 – March 2002: John Guy Hairdressing, Weston-Super-Mare
Apprentice training in Gents Hairdressing and gained my NVQ level 2 in Hairdressing. I was –
• An active member of staff
• Trained under Mr John Guy
• Left to further my career and abilities
1998 – August 2000: Asda Supermarket, Weston-Super-Mare (part-time basis)
Worked part-time whilst studying at school and college. I was the youngest member of staff on Frozen Foods, and I was fully trained on the check-out tills. I left to start my training in Hairdressing.
As well as the employments listed above, whilst at school, I gained work experience and worked part-time as a kitchen assistant.
Throughout my hairdressing career I have never been afraid of hard work and have worked my way from being an apprentice to now owning my own salon; all within a 6-year period. During this time I have had many responsibilities, including general salon duties, ordering of goods and equipment, training staff and am very active in all aspects on running and owning a hairdressing salon.
Chop Barbers is a company consisting of 3 Gents hairdressing salons and 1 Ladies salon, and I am a partner in one of the Gents salons (Wells). Due to the size of the company we attract many people who wish to train with us. Our Training Academy has won two awards for excellence in it’s first 3 years and I am very proud to be able to say that I have been a part of this.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.