I am Associate Chartered Certified Accountant, working in Grant Thornton UAE as a Financial Consultant. I have almost 5 years of vast experience in Accounts and finance filed.
Associate Chartered Accountant – ACA The institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales 2012 2013 -Finalist
Associate Chartered Certified Accountant – ACCA The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants – UK 2011 – Member
Certified Accountant Technician – CAT The Association of Chartered Certified Accountant – UK 2009 – Qualified
Fsc (Pre Engineering) (GCE A-levels equivalent) – Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education Multan, Pakistan – 2008 – 1st Division
Secondary School Certificate (Science) (GEC O-levels equivalent) – Federal Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Islamabad, Pakistan – 2006 – A+ Grade
Grant Thornton UAE – Position Business Process Outsourcing Analyst – April 2013 to Present
Grant Thornton is one of the world’s leading organisations of independent assurance, tax and advisory firms. These firms help dynamic organisations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, forward looking advice. More than 35,000 Grant Thornton people, across over 100 countries, are focused on making a difference to clients, colleagues and the communities in which we live and work.
In 2013, Grant Thornton has been honoured by the International Accounting Bulletin as the “Network of the Year 2013” as a result of our strategic drive, global leadership, and remarkable growth around the world. Grant Thornton UAE is the United Arab Emirates member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd. We have been providing assurance and advisory services to growth oriented, entrepreneurial companies which are based in all markets and industries since 1966.
– Managing individually the whole accounts department of different local & International clients as a outsourced firm. (i.e. Accounting Setup, Monthly accounting & closing, quarterly closing, DFSA, DMCC reporting, temporary accounting services)
– Preparation of Annual Financial Statements for Audit
– Management Reporting (i.e. Staff expense analysis report, vendor analysis report etc)
– Online payment support through Online Banking
– Payroll management of different clients including uploading of WPS file of several clients
– Annual Budgeting of multinational clients such as Income statement Budget, Balance Sheet Budget, Cash flow Budget & Intercompany revenue Budgets etc.
– Currently managing 10 to 15 clients of different industries.(i.e. Telecommunications, Satellite Business, Fund Manager, Software manufacturing, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical etc)
– UAE Tax relating advisory Services about all free zone of UAE. For example direct & indirect taxation Employment laws.
My major clients and about their job responsibilities are mention below;
Eutelsat Middle East FZ LLC
Eutelsat Middle East is the fully owned subsidiary of Eutelsat Group (Having more than 35 Subsidiaries across the globe). They have 30 plus satellites in Orbit. They sell data, voice & Internet etc. globally. I am in charge of managing the whole accounts department of Eutelsat Middle East and directly reporting to Corporate Consolidation Team in Paris (France) – Senior Manager consolidation & CFO.
My responsibilities are to close the accounts on monthly basis and report it to CFO and after that entering the figures on monthly basis in their centralized Oracle based consolidation software Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) for consolidation of accounts. A side from this major responsibility I am also responsible to initiate the online payments to their vendors and Employees through Online Banking & providing the management report on monthly basis to Vice President Regional Sale MEA for sales staff. On annual basis preparation of Income statement, Balance Sheet, Intercompany Revenue & Cash flow Budgets.
Key Achievement on Eutelsat is to attend the training held in Paris, France about their new Consolidation software of Hyperion Planning (HP) & Hyperion Financial Management (HFM). In that training I was representing Middle East office & preparation of annual Budgeting and analysis of previous Budget with closed discussion of top management of the company.
Dassault System Middle East FZ LLC
Dassault system middle East is the fully owned subsidiary of Dassault System SA. It a multinational group of companies providing the software and their after sale services across the world. My responsibility is to manage their whole accounts department independently close their accounts on monthly basis and directly report to the Parent company. A side from this, I am also responsible to initiate their online payments by using the Online Banking and Payroll of the company.
Aside from my major clients I am also responsible to manage the whole accounting and payroll of following clients and close their accounts on monthly basis and report to their respective management.
– VY Capital Management company under DIFC & DFSA reporting (Accounting)
– Starbench JLT under DMCC (Accounting)
– Jadara Capital Limited under DIFC & DFSA reporting (Accounting)
– Better This under DMCC (Accounting)
– Cooper International FZ LLC (Accounting)
– Four Zone Décor (Accounting)
– Lycalopex (Accounting)
– Ceridian UK, Alcoa, Cooper International, American Heart Association, Logitech & Other – (Payroll)
– GT – UK (Tax Advisory – Free Zone)
In addition to all the responsibilities mention above I am also responsible to supervise the work of my 2 juniors who are having different client portfolio. I review their reports before sending to the clients. Assisting the Manager & Director of the department in making of proposals, engagement letters and some marketing stuff.
KPMG Taseer Hadi & Company – Senior Audit Associate – July 2011 to March 2013
KPMG Taseer Hadi & Co. is the membership firm of KPMG International a Swiss incorporation. The below bullets describe my major tasks that I performed during me professional experience with KPMG.
– Conducting and reviewing a number of assurance assignments which include planning, budgeting, organizing, controlling and reviewing the entire job, understanding internal controls and conducting system reviews with the objective of recommending improvements.
– Planning and scheduling of audit programs and ensuring timely completion of audits with the use of KPMG Audit Methodology and the software i.e. e-Audit.
– Reviewing the working papers of the audit team members and getting it reviewed by the engagement manager and partner.
– Extensive application of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS’s) and Local GAAP’s and reviewing financial statements to ensure compliance therewith.
– Promoting firm’s quality control procedures and policies in order to ensure compliance with independence and ethical requirements as issued by IFAC.
– Managing job costing, preparation of bills and follow-up on their collections. This includes monitoring of engagements for incremental billing by tracking 100% out of scope and budget deviations for additional billing and reporting to senior manager/directors on a timely basis
– Identification of issues on job to bring more business to the firm in the form of new engagements
– Managing client relationship, seeing issues and challenges from their perspective, focusing on addressing their needs to the mutual benefit of client and the firm and to be viewed as a key contact by the client. Also acting as a focal point among the audit staff, client management and the upper hierarchy of the firm
– Assisting senior management in submitting and presenting proposals for new business, preparation of reports, management letters and other client communication
– Establishing good professional relationship with the client’s management and assisting them to resolve technical issues relating to specific accounting treatments
– Liaising with client, firm experts, external experts, Directors, Partners, and other global offices of the firms.
– With respect to my audit team members, my responsibilities include fostering an environment where people with diverse background and experience can grow and succeed. I ensure that knowledge is shared appropriately to enable the team to work effectively. I also participate in assessing the newly recruited graduates at the Graduate Assessment Centers
– Ensuring clear and timely feedbacks enabling team members to work effectively.
The most significant corporate clients to whom I have rendered the above mentioned services are as follows:
KPMG – External Audit
JDW Sugar Mills Limited – Sugar Manufacturing
Lahore Stock Exchange Ltd – Financial Service Industry
Akzo Nobel Pakistan Limited – Paints Manufacturing
ICI Pakistan Limited – Manufacturing
First Capital Security Corporation Limited – Security Brokers & Dealers
ICI Power Gen Limited – Electricity Generation
Shirkat Gah Women Resource Centre – Non-profit Organization
KPMG – Internal Audit
Interloop Limited – Manufacturing
Lahore Stock Exchange Financial Service Industry
Jamal Din Wali Sugar Mills Limited – Accounts Officer – Jan 2010 – June 2011
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.