A result-oriented professional with distinctive career in general and financial management, including cost accounting together with project management. Proactive ability to exercise a common-sense financial approach while utilizing creative problem-solving techniques. A self-directed and motivated professional with the ability to consistently work towards achieving organizational and personal objectives. Also recognized for ability to coach and develop staff.
Professional Degree of Finance – ACCA
Professional Qualification Fellow Chartered Certified Accountant – FCCA
Member of Malaysian Institute of Accountants – MIA
OPW MALAYSIA SDN BHD
Finance Manager July 2014 – Present
• Managing the overall function of finance department.
• Responsible to meet the group deadline every month. Ensure all accounts are uploaded to Hyperion System called Khalix by third working day.
• Currently implementing Oracle system in OPW Malaysia Sdn Bhd. OPW Malaysia is part of Dover Corporation in US which is listed in NYSE.
• Set up standard cost for manufactured products. BOM is created for every item produced.
• Prepare weekly budget, and compare against the actual every week.
• Member of management team and actively involved in decision making on behalf of the company in finance and part of operations related matters.
• Working on merging two companies to one company under OPW Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
• Working on liquidation of KPS Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
• Also in charge of HR and admin of OPW Malaysia Sdn Bhd
• Attend two weeks training cum meeting in Skipton, UK to handle the Oracle implementation.
• Assist the regional HR Manager to prepare staff handbook for OPW Malaysia staff.
• Assist the Regional HR Manager on staff issues. Managed to combine two companies’ staff without retrenchment.
• Renamed Fibresec Asia Sdn Bhd to OPW Malaysia Sdn Bhd within stipulated time.
• Register OPW Malaysia for GST with local tax authorities.
• Managed to organize the APAC strategic meeting for 25 delegates from OPW Group.
OMYA MALAYSIA SDN BHD
Accounting Manager Nov 2007 – Mar 2010
Finance Manager Mar 2010 – July 2014
• Managed a team of 4 executives and 1 cost accountant.
• Responsible for the preparation of the monthly financial reporting to the head office in Switzerland, ensuring the strict deadline is adhered to.
• Managed the preparation of the annual budgeting reports and quarterly forecasts to the local management and head office in Switzerland.
• Managed the preparation of annual statutory reporting, working together with external auditors.
• Managed the intercompany monthly balance reconciliation.
• Managed the cash flow and treasury functions, ensuring adequate funds available for the company’s sales operations and projects.
• Liaising with tax agents on annual tax computation, corporate taxation matters and indirect taxes.
• Liaising with company secretary on all corporate secretarial matters
• Responsible for the company’s sales tax and import duty exemption, working closely with Malaysian Industrial Development Authority (MIDA).
• Managed the liquidation of a dormant Sun Minerals company in Malaysia, working together with the appointed liquidators.
• Working closely with the Project Dept to ensure all project invoices are received promptly according to the agreed terms.
• Responsible for overall function of costing tool and product variances with assistance from cost accountant.
• Monitor the standard costing of manufactured products. Work closely with plant managers and cost accountant to establish yearly costing.
• Involved in the preparation of yearly and quarterly forecast.
• Support management team in ad-hoc reporting-related analysis and initiatives which arise from time to time.
• Support initiatives of Group Function Operations with respect to financial-related analysis and reporting, eg inventory monitoring & optimization, debtor KPIs, IRR, working capital, & etc.
• Control and introduce systems and/or functions to cater for changes in legislative requirements.
• Accept overall responsibility for the compensation and royalty payments due as a result of the Companies quarrying operations in Ipoh Perak.
• Assume full control and responsibility for both companies’ fixed asset registers. Maintained to provide maximum ease of use by internal and external users.
• To maintain and ensure that best possible internal control procedures are in place and fully maintained to safeguard assets, deter fraud, satisfy both internal and external audit requirements etc.; and ensure that the each company complies with local laws and regulations in regard to administrative practices.
• Provide training for staff on accounting standards and ERP system
• Assist other Omya companies outside Malaysia as and when required such as Omya Philippine, Omya India and Omya Thailand.
• Currently assisting Omya India to set up their costing tools and chart of accounts.
• Training end-users, including departmental heads, on the use of BPCS module in retrieving and obtaining financial reports and other information requirements.
• Actively involved in preparation of TP documents.
• Actively involved in implementation of GST
• Ensured compliance with internal control & Group Finance Manual requirements.
• Implemented electronic / internet banking payment system for all bank accounts.
• Streamlined the staff claims / reimbursement process to improve administration workflow efficiency
• Successfully set up costing tool for Shah Alam plant, Bercham Plant and Ipoh Plant.
• Managed to complete full scope audit for Omya Malaysia
• Set up of ERP system for new business unit in Omya Malaysia and Omya Kalsium
• Successfully merged Sun Minerals assets with Omya Malaysia assets without major issues.
• Completed purchase of quarry in Ipoh.
• Created ERP (BPCS) manual for new users in finance department.
• Managed to obtain special Industry Tariff from TNB for Ipoh Plant 1. The total of saving was RM 1 million.
• Completed purchase of Sun Minerals Sdn Bhd under Regional office Omya Asia Pacific.
• Set up the accounting system and finance team in Ipoh Perak for Sun Minerals.
• Monitor project management in Philippine and capitalised the assets.
• Completed costing and project management for Ipoh Coating Plant and Shah Alam rationalisation which worth 13 mil and 9 mil respectively within stipulated time.
• Completed costing and project management for Ipoh Plant 1and Ipoh Plant 2 which worth RM50 mil and RM45 mil within stipulated time.
• Managed to settle debts with bank within two years from 2007. No outstanding loans with local banks as at end of 2009.
• Successfully implemented skill matrix, development and succession plan for finance department
• Actively involved in enhancing the internal controls of the quarry and plants
EMPIRE TOWER SDN BHD
May 2005 – Nov 2007
• Ensuring timely and accurate monthly financial reporting and quarterly forecasting
• Managing the local financing and banking requirements.
• Prepare weekly and monthly actual and projected cash flow of the above companies.
• Liaison with the bankers regarding loans and other official matters.
• Worked on the disposal of the property to third party.
• Liaison with the Internal Auditors regarding any finding that the auditors found during the Interim audit.
• Prepare management reports for the directors as requested by them
• Prepare the accounts on monthly and quarterly basis.
• Update all the loan, fixed deposits and REPO accounts at group level.
• Liaison with bankers regarding the loan, fixed deposits and REPO accounts in the banks.
• Reconcile all the intercompany differences.
• Update the consol pack of the group for the Group Accountant to complete the group consolidated accounts for Bursa.
• Winding up accounts of Ferringhi Beach Hotel which has been just sold off in the middle of the year.
• Prepare cash flow of AP Land Bhd (Holding Co) and submit to the Group Finance Manager for further action.
• Liaison with the Internal Auditor regarding the winding up of the Hotel.
• Managed to reduce the reporting deadline from 15 working days to 7 working days.
• Reduce the debtors outstanding by 5 days within 2 months
• Managed to recover long outstanding debt which was classified as delinquent.
• Able to reduce creditor’s outstanding by 30 days.
• Improved cashflow of Empire Tower within 2 months
• Managed to complete the sale of Empire Tower, City Square and Plaza Ampang without major issues.
BABA PRODUCTS (M) Sdn Bhd
Jan 2002 – May 2005
Senior Accounts Executive
• Maintain cash book and cash flow
• Prepare reconciliation reports for balance sheet items
• Handling the general ledger accounts, journals, fixed asset register and preparing audit schedules during every month-end accounts closing.
• Prepare payment vouchers and maintain accounts payable
• Maintain the monthly sales report of HQ and all the branches
• Maintain the GST account for Singapore branch
• Prepare the fund transfer from branch to HQ. Dealing with banks regarding the forex rate and the T.T rate
• Prepare monthly cash flow statement
• Monitoring petty cash and maintain the petty cash book
• Prepare payroll for Singapore staff in the beginning of the month for all Singapore staff
• Involved in the preparation of the manufacturing accounts of HQ
• Assist the Accountant in preparing the yearly budget
• Forecast the sales of all branches.
• Prepare schedule and detail reporting of financial statement
• Prepare the financial statement with the supporting documents for auditing purposes
• Deal with the Auditors during the year end audit
• Managed to streamline processes in finance department.
• Reduced manual entries and introduced excel spreadsheet.
• Managed to disclosed extraordinary items in accounts of Baba Singapore
WONG YEN MUN TAXATION
Jan 2000 – Dec 2001
• Prepare clients full set of accounts.
• Calculate personal taxation and company tax for the clients.
• Fill up forms such as (B,C,T)
• Assist audit seniors with client audit
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.