I am an experienced Insulation and Painting Engineer/Inspector having 19+ years of experience in Petrochemical, Oil&Gas, Olefins, LPG, ATF, Propylene, FPSO, Powerplant, Heavywater, PVC, Chemical & Acid, Pharma project etc. My strengths include delivering insulation and painting projects across Singapore and India. Areas of expertise include strong technical skills with the ability to understand complex technical requirements in order to create fit-for-purpose solutions.
I am an experienced Insulation and Painting Engineer/Inspector having 19+ years of experience in Petrochemical, Oil&Gas, Olefins, LPG, ATF, Propylene, FPSO, Powerplant, Heavywater, PVC, Chemical & Acid, Pharma project etc. My strength includes delivering Insulation and Painting Projects across Singapore and India. Areas of expertise include strong technical skills with the ability to understand complex technical requirements in order to create fit-for-purpose solutions. Specialist knowledge in cryogenic insulation, steam heat tracing insulation, electrical heat tracing insulation, thermal insulation, acoustic insulation ,piping insulation, dual insulation, PU cast in-situ insulation, cold insulation, spray insulation, HVAC duct insulation, PFP coating/insulation, pipe line coating ,painting, wrapping & coating etc.
Familiar in planning, engineering, project documentation, material inspection, installation, QC inspection, specification, WMS,BOQ,QMS,PTW,RA, International codes & standards such as ISO, ASME, NACE, ASTM etc. Familiar in all kind insulation materials includes PUF,FEF, RCF.PIR,CELLULAR GLASS, Chartek, Hypalon, CSPE, UVGRP, Mineral wool etc.
An enterprising leader with proven abilities in leading teams towards the achievement of organisational goals and industry best practices. Excellent interpersonal, analytical and troubleshooting skills with ability to synthesize complex information and communicate technical issues
Educational & Professional Courses
• NACE CIP 1 – June 2014/Certificate No;53443
Industrial Quality Concept (IQC)
• PDMS – MARCH 2014
CADD Centre Training Service
• Course On Prima Vera(P6) –June 2012
CADD Centre Training Services, Cuddalore, INDIA
• Diploma In MS Office – Dec 2003(Grade A)
CSC Computer Education Centre, Cuddalore, INDIA
• Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engg –Oct 1992
State Board Of Technical Education and Training, Chennai, INDIA.
Certificates & Awards
• Shipyard Safety Instruction course – May 2013
Safety Academic Pte Singapore.
• Certificate of Recognition for good leadership and dedication- March2013
Issued by Exxon mobil and MES Singapore
• Oil/Petrochemical Industry Safety Course For Supervisor(OPISCS)-Sep 2012
ITC(Industrial Training Centre) Singapore
• Olefins Supervisory Training – November 2012
Issued By EXXON MOBIL Singapore.
• Certificate for participate Seminar on Construction Safety –Aug 2011
Issued by Karnataka State Safety Institute, Bengaluru, INDIA
• Certification of Appreciation – July 2006
Received From Lloyd Insulations (India) ltd, (Punj Lloyd Group) INDIA
• Certificate of Appreciation.
Received from TANFAC Industries Ltd (Aditya birla group) and NFCL (Nagarjuna Fertilizer and Chemicals Ltd), Kakinada, India.
• Seminar on “Construction Safety” organized by dept of factories boilers,industrial safety & health. Bengaluru, India – Aug’2011.
• PTW Applicant training at Exxon Mobil, Jurong Island, Singapore – Dec’ 2012
• RA (Risk Assessment) 2 days In-house training organized by Dyna-Mac Engg Services Pte Ltd, Singapore – Jul’2013.
Role; Freelance QC Inspector – Insulation and Painting
(Feb’14 to till date)
• Study and understand project requirement
• Ensure project documents are latest and approved for construction.
• Ensure materials are as per standard and specification.
• Study and understand specification and review MOS
• Initiating contractors to achieve Quality within the specified time frame.
• Conducting construction surveillance quality assessment as per to the contractors.
• Review ITP are according to specific project requirement and specification.
• Prepare RFI/ AFI and conduct inspection for work completion and prepare final report.
Dyna-Mac Engineering Services Pte Ltd- Singapore
Role;Piping Insulation Engineer cum QC Inspector
( May’13 to Jan’14)
SBM- BP QUAD204 Turret Mooring
SBM- N’GOMA FPSO
Bumiarmada – Claire FPSO
SBM- OSX2 FPSO
SBM – Shell Stone Disconnectable FPSO
SBM – FPSO Cidade de Marica
SBM- FPSO Cidade de Saquarema
SBM- FPSO Cidade de Ilahabela (China)
• Responsible for piping insulation work at all FPSO Module.
• Responsible for PFP coating for structural.
• Responsible for preparation of all Project Document.
• Member of Risk assessment team.
• Preparation of BOQ, Estimation of Men & Material requirement for the project
• Conducting Pre task meeting for new activities prior to start of work to ensure all Supervisors, work force know the hazards, specification requirement and sequential of work etc.,
• Enhancing best Engineering practices for technical issues related to Insulation, Painting works
• Co-ordinate with HSE team, piping fabrication, installation team, QC team
• Responsible for Engineering, planning, Procurement and QC inspection of all Module.
• Involved on the conception studies, Basic and Detail Engineering of various project.
• Solving design and engineering issue.
• Maintained the tracker record for Request for info, Design instruction, Design changes
• Raising TQ & SVR for design issue and variation in specification
• Organizing hands on training for new work
• Conduct mock-up with vendor/supplier
• Study and understand specification and prepare MOS
• Conduct material inspection
• Liaise with supplier, vendor and sub-contractor
• Review/preparation of insulation Specification and MTO.
• Review ITP/ITR according to specific project requirement.
• Prepare RFI/ AFI and conduct inspection for work completion
Austin Energy (Asia) Pte Ltd – Singapore
Role; Site Engineer (Painting & Insulation)
Aug’12 to 28’mar’13
Project Name – SPT OR Project, Exxon Mobil, Singapore -MES
Lead the painting & cryogenic insulation team to deliver project in order to maximize customer satisfaction, deliver project on time and within budget, managing the cost, quality of work done maintained and improve profit margin. Preparation of BOQ, Estimation of Men & Material requirement for the project
Conducting Pre task meeting for new activities prior to start of work to ensure all Supervisors, work force know the hazards, specification requirement and sequential of work etc. Enhancing best engineering practices for technical issues related to cryogenic Insulation and Painting works Provide regular and accurate status report for client. Attending co-ordination meeting at site before starting of work activities and work assigned to supervisor, conduct and monitoring JSA, interact with client, safety coordinator, QC Engineer, scaffold coordinator and other contractors, managing the manpower resources, Prepare Procedure and WMS , prepare daily plan, three week look ahead schedule, weekly progress report, daily progress updation, co-ordination meeting with client, consultant and all other contractors daily explaining about next day activities and site issues, attending weekly review meeting, Involvement in inter – disciplinary Squad checking.
Lloyd Insulations (India) Ltd, India
Role;Resident Engineer (Insulation, Painting &Fireproofing
)April 2005-May’ 2012
Lead the site team to deliver project in order to maximize client satisfaction, over all responsible for quality inspection, planning, mobilization, construction activities, installation, safety etc. Good understanding of contractual/commercial terms and condition, site co-ordination, attend weekly safety and construction meeting, prepare Scope of work, technical interfaces with other discipline, vendor and client Ensure quality of work done at every stage. Prepare bar chart, review ITP,DPR(daily progress report) include scope of work, estimation of men & materials requirement, material stock statement, progress in detail, manpower deployment etc. monthly plan, monthly progress report, attending daily site meeting, weekly review meeting(both work & safety),monthly review meeting etc.
• CPCL-TOYO (Chennai petrochemcals ltd) Chennai-Thermal insulation work at new HGU unit.
• MRPL –JACOBS (Mangalore refinery and petrochemical ltd) Phase-III project- Painting, Thermal insulation, personal protective insulation, steam tracing insulation and refractory work at CDU/VDU,ATF&LPG Treating unit.
• MRPL-TECHNIMONT ICB (Mangalore refinery and petrochemicals ltd) phase-lll- Painting, Thermal insulation work and steam tracing insulation work at CHTU unit.
• CPCL – BRIDGE & ROOF (Chennai petrochemicals ltd) Chennai – Thermal insulation work at CDU/VDU Phase-III report to Bridge and Roof.
• HWP (Heavy water Plant)Thermal insulation work- Annual Shutdown-Manuguru (Andhra Pradesh)
• NFCL (Nagarjuna fertilizer and chemicals Ltd)- Hot, Cold and Steam Tracing insulation work during Annual Shutdown- Kakinada (Andhra Pradesh)
• Spectrum power generation unit- Turbine spray insulation and thermal insulation –kakinada , Andhra pradesh
• Chemplast Sanmar –TECHNIP Cuddalore- Thermal insulation and pu cast-in-situ work at PVC project.
• TANFAC Industies Ltd Cuddalore India -Painting, Thermal insulation, dual insulation, pu cast-in-situ, steam tracing, supertherm pipe support, rockwool panel insulation during Annual shutdown, Maintenance, project work.
• Chemplast sanmar – JACOBS cuddalore – Hot and cold insulation work at Onshore and Offshore Plant (jetty).
Lloyd insulations (India)Ltd, India
Role; Site Engineer (Insulation,Painting&Fireproofing)
Oct 1996– Mar 2005
Feasibility study, cost Estimate, prepare the Scope of work, understanding of commercial and technical terms, responsible for quality inspection, Handling kick of meeting, site co-ordination, over all planning, controlling, monitoring , executing and reporting. attending weekly, fortnight and monthly meeting with client/ consultant, prepare weekly/fortnight plan and progress report etc.
• TANFAC Industries Ltd –Cuddalore –Hot& cold insulation, dual insulation, puf sandwitch cold storage, steam Tracing, water proofing, pu cast in-situ etc during Maintenance, annual shutdown, expansion, project work.
• TPL-Cuddalore -cold insulation work at Propylene storage Plant.
• Tagros Chemicals & drugs cuddalore –Hot, cold and dual insulation project work-Cuddalore
• Pentafour chemicals –cuddalore- cold insulation and hot insulation with calcium silicate.
• SPIC Pharmaceutical Unit cuddalore –Hot and cold insulation work at PEN-G project
• JK- Pharmaceutical Unit cuddlore, Hot and cold insulation work at PEN-G project.
• EID Parry(I) Ltd-Sugar Plant-Nellikuppam- Thermal insulation, water proofing work
• EID Parry (I) Ltd-Co-Gen Power Plant-Nellikuppam, Thermal insulation and duct insulation
• DLF Turbine spray Insulation & thermal insulation work C/O EID Parry-Nellikuppam
• EID Parry(I) Ltd-cuddalore – Hot, cold & dual insulation work at chemical unit and neemazal unit
• NLC(neyveli lignite corporation)-Thermal insulation work at Thermal power station –ll Neyveli
• Hindustan uni Lever Limited (HUL)project-podicherry – Hot&cold insulation, Roof&wall cladding work at Soap Unit.
• Chemfab alkalis, Kalapet Pondicherry- Hot and cold insulation with pu cast in-situ & puf material.
• SICA breweries -pondicheery – cold insulation with pu cast in situ & puf materials
• Airtel telecom puf sandwitch cold room shelter work at cuddalore & pondicherry
Lloyd Insulations (India)Ltd, Chennai
Role; Site Supervisor
Apr 1995-Sept 1996)
Study and understand project specification ,Conduct tool box talk, arrange materials and tools, execute quality of work, Good understanding of contract commercial terms and condition, prepare plan, attend co-ordination meeting with client, taking measurement, reporting to project manager, prepare progress report, raise R.A bill, follow up bill for payment etc.
• TANFAC Industries Ltd (Aditya Birla Group) Cuddalore – Hot and cold insulation work
• TANTECH project-Cuddalore- Hot, cold Insulation work
Skills & Strengths
• Strong on field Knowledge in all kind of Insulation, painting and piping work
• Specialist in reducing CUI
• Through knowledge of all insulation product and method of application and specification
• Familiar with Industrial Standards and Code
• Familiar with ITP/ITR/TQR/EQ/SVR/QMS/HSE/AFI/RFI etc
• Study & understand project specification and prepare MOS
• Solving complex engineering and design issue.
• Better team leader to interact with other discipline engineers and vendors
• Good lead co-ordinator with vendor / sub-contractor
• Sound knowledge in Industrial safety standard and Quality management systen
• Proficiency in ms office,ms word, excel, outlook, pdms ,primavera(P6) & PowerPoint
• Commitment to the task assigned, self initiative and having skills to troubleshoot the problems in effective manner
• Preparation of installation procedure and technical specifications.
• I am diligent
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.