20+ years experience in the Quality fields of Control and Assurance on major projects worldwide.
Areas of expertise include Welding, NDT, QMS's and processes, ASME/ANSI, API, ISO, EN, NACE and PSSR.
Internal and external auditing in accordance with ISO 9001-2008 directives.
Management, supervision and mentoring of large Quality related workforces.
Training & Qualifications
Longlands College: 1982-1986.
BTEC National Certificate in Fabrication and Welding.
ONC in Fabrication and Welding.
Smiths Dock Co Ltd: 1982-1988.
Boilermaking apprenticeship, which included one year at British Shipbuilders technical and training facility.
OIS Plc Training: 1987-2002.
CSWIP- Welding Inspection, Magnetic Particle & Liquid Penetrant.
Industrial Radiography (All metal groups & Interpretation).
PCN- Magnetic Particle & Liquid Penetrant.
ASNT- Ultrasonics, Magnetic Particle & Liquid Penetrant (Level 2).
Fifteen year holder.
CB&I- Chicago Bridge & Iron:
IRCA- Auditor/Lead Auditor Diploma.
Corus Cast Products:
API- Certification in Inspection of Pipe-work to API 570.
API- Certification in Inspection of Storage Tanks to API 653
API- Certification in Inspection of Storage Tanks to EEMUA 159.
Diploma In RBI Risk Based Inspection Techniques & Procedures.
NVQ- Level 3 in Fabricating of Steel Structures.
ACE- Level 3 in Fabricating of Steel Structures.
VCA Diploma in HS & safety.
FAS- Safety Passport.
T&C- Categories 1,2,4,5&7 O/head Crane Operation, Slinging & Lifting License.
CATC- Level 1 Qualification in Lifting Techniques & manual handling.
ASME – 3G Welding Certification in Plate Butt & Fillet.
CITB- Health, Safety & Environmental. (CITB000796980).
CSCS-Construction Skills Certification Scheme card holder.
Date: Dec 2013-Present Day.
Employer: Premqual Quality Management (Archer).
Position: Quality Assurance Manager.
Location: Blyth Design Office, Northumberland, UK / Houston Design Office, Texas, USA.
Employed on a consultancy basis my main roles and responsibilities were to be responsible for all Quality Management issues/tasks, Quality Plan, QMS, Audit Plan and regulatory requirements, also implementing the company management of change, NCR/COR, SDRL and TQ databases, auditing both the UK/USA offices internally and UK/worldwide supplier and vendors in accordance with ISO 9001-2008 directives.
Date: Aug 2013- Dec 2013.
Employer: Premqual Quality Management (Murphy’s).
Position: Site Quality Manager.
Location: Beckton CHiP Project, East London.
Contracted to Murphy’s (Principal Contractor) on the Beckton CHiP EFW Project, my principal roles and responsibilities were initially to set-up and instigate the site Quality procedures and directives in accordance with the approved contractual requirements, monitor and audit internally and sub-contract Quality activities, liaise and inform clients representatives regarding Quality related matters, construct/review/submit and monitor project generated and sub-contractors ITP’s, RAMS and Quality Management Systems , construct and update the site competencies registers and ensure ISO systems (9001, 18001 & 14001) were adopted and adhered to.
Date: April 2013- Aug 2013.
Employer: Premqual Quality Management (VOPAK).
Position: Project Quality Manager.
Location: Coryton Tank Farm, Essex.
Employed as a Quality Consultant for the Quality and Inspection Contractor (ROSEN), my main duties and responsibilities involved managing the Inspection teams, allocation of work tasks, formulation and submission of the project QMS, Quality plan, ITP’s, NCR, Inspection/NDT which involved implementing and the use of RBI strategies, LTQR, RAMS and all other company Quality related project documentation, liaising with VOPAK’s management and third party representatives as ROSEN’s first point of contact for Quality.
Date: Dec 2012 – April 2013.
Employer: Premqual Quality Management (Costain’s).
Position: Project Quality Manager.
Location: Manchester Office (Evap D Project Sellafield Ltd).
Working on a consultancy basis as the Dept Lead on an LTQR (Life-time Quality Records) close-out and expediting contract. This involved the expediting and close-out of Quality dossiers prior to client approval, vendor/supplier liaison and working closely with the client (SL Ltd) to achieve final acceptance and sign-off of the LTQR dossiers.
Date: March 2012 – Dec 2012.
Employer: Premqual Quality Management (AMEC).
Position: Senior Project Quality Management Consultant.
Location: CENTRICA Heysham (ECAPS Project).
Employed by AMEC, as the first point of contact for Quality related business, as part of the Project management team.
My main duties and responsibilities were to, initially carry out a system by system review of AMEC’s /CENTRICA’s Quality Management Systems, RBI strategies and risk management systems and propose and instigate change management were necessary, this included a review of the Quality/Welding/Design/Engineering/Mechanical and Storage dept’s instigating change and update of QMS’s in accordance with contractual and specification requirements.
Also instigated a surveillance and monitoring programme of approved vendors and suppliers utilized on the project, attended and chaired meetings with client and sub-contractors, and advised both employer/client and sub-contractors on contractual and code requirements relating to the Quality requirements of the project.
Date: Jan 2011-March 2012.
Employer: Premqual Quality Management (Worley Parsons).
Position: Project Quality Manager.
Location: Fellside Boiler Park, Sellafield Cumbria.
Working for the Project Management Team, my duties and responsibilities were:
Update and finalizing of the Project Quality documentation packages, prior to submittal and acceptance by client, these were in the form of turnover (TOP) packages, which included all relevant ITPs, test and NDT documentation. I also initiated a document register system to give full traceability to Worley’s isometrics, method statements, modes of practice, and company and sub-contractors Quality Plans.
Another of my duties was to internally and externally audit the projects QMS’s.
Dealing and liaising with client/owner and third party NOBO representatives in order to achieve conformance and acceptance for the boiler project.
Employer: Schlumberger/Mi-Swaco. (Cyclotech UK Division).
Position: Consultant Quality Manager.
Location: London Based.
Employed as a consultant Quality Manager, on three main Design/Procurement/Build projects for BP (AIOC Chirag), Hyundai (Goliat Development) and AMEC (Apache Forties). My main duties and responsibilities were:
* To review and approve all Quality related documentation pertaining to the projects.
* Visit/Audit/Review/Approve all sub-contract and vendor equipment and documentation.
*Liaise and attend all start up meetings, ITP hold and witness points, management and third party meetings and reviews.
* Formulate and submit for client review and acceptance, QMs’s, ITP’s, NCR’s, method statements and modes and procedures for Quality and Inspection.
* Audit, formulate and archive all Quality documentation pertaining to the projects, in accordance with the agreed Quality plan and contractual requirements.
Date: 2009- 2010.
Employer: FMT Industriesservices GMBH:
Position: QA/QC Manager.
Location: Nuon Magnum Project Eemshaven Holland.
Working for the main contractor, on a three HRSG boiler, Tanks and pipe-work project, my main duties and responsibilities were:
* To give technical support/advice, and lead the Quality workforce in managing allocated work.
* Internal and external product and process auditing of Quality Management Systems in accordance with ISO 9001:2008 directives, and collation and submission of data for internal and customer review.
* Support and carry out Quality work assignments allocated from the Project Manager.
* Compiling and input of Hydro and Pneumatic test procedures and documentation.
* Conduct and arrange Quality checks, and arrange and carry out safety and quality audits in conjunction with the quality and safety department leads.
* Ensure work carried out complies with build and external procedures and specifications.
* Chair and attend meetings with project clients, and third party/NOBO representatives, offering advice and detail regarding project Quality prerequisites ie, budget, progress, and safety issues.
* Liaising with the project development leads and designers, offering advice and information pertaining to the project, this also involved carrying out up front project related surveys and calculations to be used by the various departments of FMT.
* Allocation and monitoring of work-packages and tasks, in conjunction with site management, supervision, and workers, and being the nominated site supervision contact for any questions or problems which arose.
* Compiling, update and final completion of work related packages, quality ITP’s, safety manuals and dossiers, in both hard copy and computerized systems.
* Management of all NDT, Heat Treatment, Hardness, Quality Engineers, and Quality related activities utilized on the project.
* Compilation, planning and execution of TQM, Continuous Improvement & Lean Management strategies.
* Contract review and input, defining Quality policies and obligations.
* Compiling, filing and collation of RBI information for use in Inspection planning and execution of Inspection and NDT.
Date: 2008 – 2009.
Employer: FMM Felguera.
Position: Quality Manager.
Location: Aghada, CCGT Project, Cork Ireland.
The project consisted of the civil, engineering and construction of a CCGT two phase gas turbine, its boiler and associated pipe-work, for ESB Power.
My duties were as follows:
* To formulate and update all quality management systems in accordance with ISO 9000/9001, ASME/ANSI and BSEN standards and specifications.
* Developing and Planning of written schemes of examination, and RBI planning.
* Input, advice and review of contractual requirements and policies, and phase continual monitoring of agreed requirements.
* Manage and supervise a team of quality/NDT inspectors and engineers, to ensure quality compliance.
* Formulate and complete TOP turnover packages incorporating ITP, NDT and material scope, for review and acceptance by clients/governing bodies Quality management representatives.
* Liaise with client and owners management team, offering advice and problem solving on quality matters.
* Compiling and archiving of Quality related records, and database.
* Carrying out internal and external auditing of Quality Management Systems and Quality related documentation, highlighting non-conformances and suggesting corrective actions, and checking of corrective action effectiveness using results based assessment criteria.
Date: 2006 – 2008.
Employer: Chicago Bridge & Iron (CB&I).
Position: Quality Assurance Manager.
Location: South-Hook, Pembroke, West-Wales.
Employed as head of the QA dept, on the build and commissioning of five 175,000 cubic meter capacity LNG storage tanks, Pressure Vessels, Pressure Systems and associated Piping Systems, at South Hooks Milford Haven LNG facility, my duties were:
* Supervision of the project Quality and production teams, their supervisors and foreman.
* Internal auditing of project departmental Quality Management systems in accordance with ISO 9001:2008 directives and procedures, using software and self-assessment tools, at predefined intervals.
* External auditing of sub-contractors Quality Management Systems, collation of data & regular compliance and effectiveness monitoring.
* Advising and monitoring of project related safety and quality issues, supervising work being carried out, and offering advice and direct lead in the day to day build of the five tanks.
* Management of a sixty strong NDT team in the daily carry out of MT,PT, RT, Vacuum-box, & UT/AUT activities, ensuring build/client specifications and directives were adhered to.
* Liaising with client’s Quality/Third Party and inspection team, on the buy off of plant sections.
* Raising of non-conformance, non compliance, repair, & renewal reports, & monitoring of their close-out & corrective action compliance.
* Input and advising of company and clients design teams, with information regarding design calculations, modification info, material and timescale calculations, safety and specification issues, which had been approved and accepted by the project manager.
* Assigning and closing out of work packages and written schemes of examination, in conjunction with supervision and workforce, and taking into consideration RBI, budget, safety and quality issues.
* Identifying operations issues & incorrect policies, analyzing quality related or inefficient policies & introducing process change management.
* Review of contract to ascertain company Quality prerequisites and obligations.
Date: 2002 – 2006.
Employer: Corus Cast Products, Teeside.
Position: QA/QC Mechanical Engineer.
Working as part of Corus’s Energy department, my duties and responsibilities included:
* Daily site inspection of existing Tankage, pipe-work, vessels, structures and buildings, to ascertain Quality integrity and severity and extent of corrosion mechanisms.
* Materials receiving inspection of structural and piping materials and consumable electrodes / filler wires, this included the review of material traceability reports against actual cast, batch and heat numbers.
* Review of WPS’s, PQR’s and welder qualification certification, organizing and witnessing welding site familiarization, and qualification tests where required (In accordance with ASME IX & VIII).
* Supervision, approval, monitoring and quality/production checking of all welding works carried out by Corus welding technicians, and approved contractors, on new structural and piping works, tanks, existing piping system repairs and re-rates.
Checks include joint set up, preheat, inter-pass temperature, finished weld and PWHT parameters.
* Formulation and upkeep of daily welding records, construction progress records, weld maps, repair records and quality control plans, this included production and repair rate assessment using joint and linear wise methods.
* Formulation, control and issuance of safe working procedures, risk assessments and safety permits, ensuring welding and other technical staff fully understand and adhere to safety directives and practices, pertaining to HSE/PSSR and COMAH policies and regulations.
* Formulation, input and monitoring of RBI risk based inspection policy, which involved liaising with relevant departmental and management heads gathering and collating relevant information to assist in RBI programmes and site directives.
* Responsible for the formulation and upkeep of test packages, consisting of piping and instruments diagram (P&ID), line list and isometric update and latest revision issue.
* Carrying out of line check, issuing punch list to production, and witnessing punched items.
* Final inspection of structural components, tanks and pipe spools prior to release.
* Controlling and issuing of NCR’s to record non-conforming items and ensuring corrective actions and continual improvement was attained and maintained.
*Liaising and attending meetings with Corus, client, third party representatives and contractors, offering advice, problem solving, and representing Corus as their point of contact on all matters pertaining to internal and external projects.
Date: 1998 – 2002.
Employer: Cappo International & Al-Hindi.
Position: Quality Assurance Manager.
Kvaerner: DRI (Direct Reduction Input) Steel plant for Hadeed K.S.A.
AGIP: H2 (Hydrogen Plant) for Petronas Spain.
Parsons: PPL ( Polypropylene Plant) for Ibn Zah’r K.S.A).
Working as head of the project Quality management team I was involved on three major projects:
My main duties and responsibilities were.
* The day to day management, supervision, monitoring and inspection of Quality works undertaken on the projects.
* The review and monitoring of internal and sub-contract external QMS’s, WPS’s, PQR’s, Welder Qualifications, Welding consumables, their storage and handling facilities and welding equipment calibration, and ensuring the quality of works conformed to accepted procedures.
* Formulation and auditing of QMS’s in accordance with ISO 9000/9001 directives and procedures.
* The management, coordination and monitoring of the work teams, giving advice, problem solving, and liaising with EPC and subcontract management and supervision, on Quality and code compliance in relation to works, inspection and construction matters.
* Formulation and upkeep of daily quality related records pertaining to works progress, repair logs and non conformance records for client and management review.
* Writing and monitoring of isolation permits, permits to work, safe working procedures and non conformance reports, for issue to management and contractor representatives.
* Management and overall coordination of Quality related services to projects and designated construction sites, also overseeing of, construction inspection, NDT, materials and equipment expediting, demurrage and quality control.
* Assuring ‘fit for purpose’ policy for welding and inspection management processes, ensuring practices and procedures were developed, implemented and maintained, inclusive of welding, inspection, QA/QC, materials, cost, schedule, safety and environmental management.
* Consultation with the construction managers, project managers, operational reps, and other representatives as required to assure the suitability of welding manpower, consumables, materials, welding, construction and inspection practices.
* Trouble shoot the needs of construction managers, inspectors, field service providers, operations, project management and conceptual and detailed design teams.
* Instigation and management of construction deficiency rectification, clean-up and restoration and surplus materials, as necessary for regulatory and operations final acceptance.
* Use of proven technical and negotiation skills, problem solving, decision making, organizing manpower, equipment and materials, in a matrix environment with diverse groups and individual personalities.
* The review and approval of radiographs and Quality/NDT reports and packages.
* Organizing and witnessing of Hydro and Pneumatic testing of tanks, vessels, boilers and pipe-work.
* Multi disciplined review of welding and inspection reports, verifying analysis, findings, corrective and repair actions where required, and management of welding procedural change with recognized and approved specifications.
Date: 1996 – 1998.
Employer: GUPCO (Gulf Of Suez Petrochemical Company).
Position: QA/QC Engineer.
Working on a consultancy basis overseeing the EPC contractor, the project was the build and commissioning of two gas platforms, their jackets, piles and associated pipe work being constructed for BP/Amoco. As well as my involvement at the build stage, I was utilized by GUPCO for the hook-up & commissioning of the platforms. The build was conducted by Petrojet, at their Madii yard in Alexandria Egypt.
My main duties and responsibilities were:
* The selection, testing and training of welding personnel, supervision and inspection manpower to be utilized on the project.
* The review and approval of all WPS’s, PQR’s, welder qualifications, and consumables, and material certification for the project, and where required supervision and monitoring of procedure and material qualification tests on site and in a controlled environment
* Formulation and upkeep of work logs, welder repair dossiers, weld progress reports, NCR and TQ packages, modification and design excursion pro-formers, for contractor follow-up and management and client appropriate action.
* Radiographic interpretation and witnessing of weld UT, MPI & DPI testing, review of results and issuing of resultant repair and replacement reports.
Review and approval of contractor’s quality and safe working plans, method statements, safety initiatives and permit to work system pertaining to welding works to be carried out on the project.
* Attending progress, planning, and welding meetings, offering advice and problem solving where necessary on a daily and weekly basis, with management, owner and contractor representatives in presence.
* Multi disciplined review of welding reports, verifying analysis, findings, corrective and repair actions where required, and management of procedural change and compliance with recognized and approved procedures and specifications.
* Review and approval of contractor welding concession requests.
* Approval and review of welding equipment, its calibration certification, and organizing of repair and recalibration if necessary.
* Liaising with prospective welding material and equipment representatives, offering advice and giving approval of equipment and consumables for the project.
* Requesting of NDT, and quality cross-checking as per procedural coverage.
* Liaising with NDT companies & operative’s, to initially check operatives certification, & giving advice & problem solving if necessary.
* Approval, witnessing and monitoring of hydro / pneumatic testing and nitro purging, on tanks, piles, and piping systems, risers etc.
* Formulation and upkeep of plotting and progress data-bases, in conjunction with Microsoft office, TEMS and data-ease computerized applications, which produced hard copy and disc type and ITP packages for client and management review and approval.
Date: 1992 – 1996.
Employer: Cappo International.
Position: QA/QC Mechanical Engineer.
Employed on a variety of projects for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (Bahrain), Chiyoda (Ras Laffan Qatar) and the Government of Bahrain Power and Water Agency (Bahrain).On various LNG, pipeline, de-salination, and oil and gas projects, my duties and responsibilities were:
* To oversee the contractor and sub contractor’s site works were carried out in compliance with design and construction specifications.
* Check and monitor contractor’s procurement, storing and documentation of materials and consumables.
* The selection, training, testing and monitoring of welding and site manpower and back up to be used on the projects.
* Pro-actively influence events and be assertive as required regarding disciplinary, confrontational or none conformance to quality and safety by the workforce.
* Identification and reporting of damage mechanisms and material defects and short falls, reporting included digital image photography and television recording technologies to highlight the problems or damage.
* Witnessing and approval of factory applied coal tar enamel, fusion bonded enamel, mastics, paint and galvanizing operations, witnessing adhesion and holiday testing, weight coating and conductivity testing.
* Inspection of plumbness, pneumatic test, oil Penetrant test, vacuum test, hydro test and final settlement inspection of tanks.
* Production weld and welder repair rate assessment, by joint linear wise methods.
* Carrying out of stage inspections of welds as per quality control plans / project document.
* The review and approval of positive material identification, parent metal, and weld joint identification systems.
* Review, audit and approval of welding, heat treatment, and NDT procedures.
* Welding equipment verification.
* Final welding documentation, welding summary, record map, and ndt report collation and package formulation for issuing to client for review and acceptance.
* Monitoring and upholding of safe working practices and safety initiatives, and reporting on conditions that are likely to cause injury, property damage or damage to the environment. Also promoting and enforcing the use of PPE, good housekeeping, and investigating and reporting any accidents or near misses.
* Allocation of welding work, ensuring welders are placed on correct materials and pipe/plate sizes that are covered by their welding qualifications and experience.
1990 – 1992: Kvaerner
Al Jubail. K.S.A. DRI Steel Plant.
Employed as the clients Quality representative, my duties were to ensure the continual improvement of the Quality policy, systems and procedures in accordance with ISO 9000 series directives, and monitor ASME/ANSI and API build specifications utilized on the project.
Also had to compile, update and archive TOP and final completion packages prior to submission to the owners Quality representatives for review and acceptance.
1988 – 1990 MHI. Bahrain.
GPIC Urea Plant.
Employed by the project management (MHI) on the Turnkey build of a UREA plant, storage facility, and cross-water conveyor. Part of the project involved the build of 2x 12,000m3 oil storage tanks, two floating roof gas storage tanks, one 14.5m diameter propane sphere, three miscellaneous fuel and water storage tanks, and 2500m of S/S process piping and carbon steel utility lines.
I was actively involved with the Quality supervision and monitoring of manpower, and during welding and post welding inspection of the finished welds. Liaising with contractors welding and fabrication specialists, and overseeing the hydro testing of the finished tanks, and piston blowing of the finished pipe-work prior to commissioning.
The tanks and sphere were built in accordance with API 620 & 650 specifications, and the pipe-work was in accordance with ASME B31.3.
1985 – 1988 PDM / Technigaz / Chiyoda. Ras Laffan Doha/Qatar.
Qatar Gas LNG Plant.
Working for the EPC contractor (Chiyoda) on the completion of the first three liquefaction trains (1,2&3), the storage tanks & loading jetties, I was actively involved with the Quality supervision of 45 ASME coded welders utilized on the project.
The work involved the building of 4 x 85,000m3 LNG storage tanks, my involvement was to supervise the laying out welding & construction of the 9% Nickel (In accordance with A553-95 Type 1) inner tank, which was built to API 620
My duties were to oversee & supervise the horizontal & vertical girth & strake plate welds for the tank floor, shell plates & floating roof. The welding processes used were SMAW, FCAW, & SAW processes using conventional & mechanized units, the consumables were Ni-Cr-Mo 6,3&4 types, & the tank top was fabricated & welded with conventional carbon steel.
I was also involved in the supervision and inspection of the tanks associated cryogenic pipe-work, and the piping systems leading to the loading jetty. I was responsible for manpower, equipment movements, and also aiding pressure tank testing, and piston blowing of the pipes.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.