I have been working primarily in the Media Sector in both large/medium and small organisations for the past 13 years since graduating from University with a degree in Bsc (Hons) Economics and Finance. I am technically strong, commercially sound and have been managing the finance department for the past 6 years. Providing robust management information to make better business decisions plays a key part of my skill set.
I am keen to relocate to the US for personal reasons.
Aug 2011- Present
Key responsibilities include:
• Responsibility for all financial reporting monthly, quarterly and annually in line with WPP reporting requirements – P&L, Balance sheet, Head count and other schedules.
• Responsibility of all financial analysis and management information reporting both internally and to WPP including client profitability and head count etc.
• Responsible for overseeing the month end process in the department.
• Review and sign off the WPP full Month end pack- P&L, Balance sheet reconciliations, client margins etc.
• Cash flow forecast and foreign currency management and forecasting. Liaising with WPP Treasury to hedge against any FX risk.
• Implementing and maintaining strong financial control and accounting policy in the business in line with WPP policies.
• Lead role in the rollout of Sarbanes Oxley to the business post WPP acquisition and implemented changes in procedures and policy as per WPP SOX requirements.
• Review and preparation of the year end audit files for external auditors.
• Preparation of the statutory accounts and tax reporting.
• Review of the quarterly VAT returns.
• Responsible for submission of WPP Year End Schedules and Tax Packs.
• Lead in the year-end audit with external auditors plus other audits with SOX auditors and internal WPP Auditors.
• Was part of a team that rolled out a new expense online system in the business from paper submission ensuring the transition smooth. We gained greater efficiency from the system in terms of processing time/risk of human error and better reporting capability.
• Adhoc support to the London FD and the Global FD.
• Managerial responsibilities including annual reviews etc.: Direct line management of a team of 5.
Senior Business Analyst
The Daily Mail, Associated Newspapers, DMGT
Oct 2010- Aug 2011
Producing the Monthly management accounts for all of the 28 Editorial departments with detailed variance analysis for major cost areas and associated commentary.
Preparation and distribution of weekly Editorial report packs of all the major controllable costs to assess costs incurred against budget in the period and year to date.
Producing quarterly forecasts and yearly budgets for the 28 Editorial departments, currently working with a £73m budget on 2010-2011.
Regularly providing analysis and information as and when required by the Managing Editors office, Editor or by Senior Management.
Assist the Financial controller in verifying contribution accounts and payments on a weekly basis.
Direct Report – A Business support analyst.
Leopard Films- UK, USA, International, Drama, Events, Sealeopard
Nov 2009-Oct 2010
Preparing the Management Accounts for all companies in an efficient and timely Manner
Overseeing the processing of all the entries into the purchase and sales ledger supervising a team of three Accounts Assistants
Producing and submitting Royalty Accounts for Leopard International Ltd, reporting quarterly to the Royalty recipients
Reconciling of the all Balance sheet accounts ensuring production inter company funding processing is correctly categorised at all times.
Preparation and posting of production recharges including kit, tape transfer and stock
Reviewing monthly bank reconciliations including foreign currencies
Preparation VAT returns
Reviewing annual payroll returns prepared by the Accounts Assistant
Ensuring proper and adequate financial and internal controls are followed
Monitoring production accounts and working closely with Production Managers to prepare cost reports
Ensuring timely invoicing of Broadcasters for cash flow on productions
Managing the payroll and including Bacs payments
Assisting in various Ad Hoc projects that improve the efficiency and professionalism of the team
Mindshare Media Worldwide, GroupM, WPP
Oct 2007-Nov 2009
Producing the management accounts for 1 trading unit and 5 head office divisions for submission to the Parent company in the USA
Run reports, post journals, monitor cost accruals/prepayments
Run travel and expenses reports for review by CFO and senior media staff
Produce management accounts for review by finance manager and then FC/CFO
Assist in producing quarterly forecasts and annual budget
Timesheet reports for senior operational staff and for quarterly reporting to the global client team
Ad hoc client costing as and when required by client managers.
Liaising with finance and media staff in MindShare to respond to queries from the global client reporting team
Assist with yearend audit and produce the Statutory accounts and tax pack for review by the FC
In charge of Sox compliance in the department and act as a liaison and point of contact with external and internal auditors.
Updating information and set-ups in the timesheet system
Assistant Management Accountant
Sit-Up TV, Virgin Media
Sept 2006- Oct 2007
Preparation of monthly overhead P&L’s, departmental meetings for results and forecasting of future expenditure, Income billings, first point of contact for department heads, daily revenue/sales analysis and reporting, accruals and prepayments
Red Carnation Hotels Group
Nov 2003- Sept 2006
All Purchase Ledger Duties i.e. Processing Invoices, Weekly payments and reconciling statements for all Hotels and Central departments, Looking after Sales ledger Accounts, Responsible for Monthly P&L for an outlet including processing all invoices month end journals and bank reconciliation’s.
Great Eastern Hotel
Sept 2002- Nov 2003
Duties Include: Cashiering, Commission Payments, Reconciling Bank accounts and Control Accounts, Purchase Ledger duties.
Computer skills: Strong Intermediate Microsoft Excel, Word and Access , Outlook
Accounting Software: Dream, Great Plains, DDS, Cartesis/BFC , Agresso, Coda, Lotus notes, Sage 200, MAS 500
Professional Qualifications & Education
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
Bsc Hons Economics and Finance
University of York, York, UK Oct 1999- July 2002
A levels: Economics (B), Geography (B), Media Studies (B)
Camden School for Girls, London, UK. Sep 1997- June 1999
GCSE: 7 A-C’s Including English, Maths and Science
Tamworth Manor High School, London, UK. Sep 1995- June 1997
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.