My expertise includes project management, contract negotiation, international logistics and supply chain, transport management, finance, budgets, commercial strategy, client relationships, vendor management, provisioning, menu design, food safety, HACCP, health and safety, risk assessment, security, environmental issues, performance improvement, change management, and much more.
Qualifications, Certifications & Memberships
Awarded the British Empire Medal (BEM) in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List 1987
Member of the Hotel & International Catering Management Association (MHICMA)
Master Craftsman of the Food and Catering Association, Craft Guild of Chefs (MCFA)
Qualifications: IOSH Managing Safety, City & Guilds 706 (chef) 1/2/3, City & Guilds Level 3 Supervising Food Safety, Advanced Food Hygiene, ServSafe Management Level Food Safety, Internal Auditor, NEBSS Certificate & Diploma
Key Skills & Competencies
• Extensive strategic, planning & organisational skills • Charismatic, innovative and highly influential leader
• Vast programme and project management expertise • Shrewd and incisive decision-maker/problem solver
• Outstanding international service provision prowess • Inherent drive, flair and readiness for a challenge
• First class commercial, financial & budget expertise • Highly organised, efficient, proactive and resourceful
• Strong security, H&S and risk management acumen • Committed to excellence in all service provision
• Comprehensive warehousing and logistics expertise • Self-starting, disciplined, tenacious and hardworking
• Excellent client and customer relationship prowess • Ability to identify and capitalise on opportunities
• Proven leadership, training & team building prowess • Calm, confident & assured in pressurised situations
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills • Natural ability to engage across all levels/cultures
• Specialist knowledge of catering for military forces • Professionalism, pragmatism & integrity at all times
Projects Mobilisation Manager, Eastern Provence, Saudi Arabia
• Contracted to manage the initiation phases of major $multimillion projects for start-up company, Compass Arabia.
• Recruited, inducted & trained staff and managers, handled all aspects of logistics, and controlled project budgets.
• Established a camp and soft services for 800 residents, with a projected income of US$1m pa and margin of 20%.
• Negotiated all local supply contracts, implemented HACCP, and established financial and management systems.
• Mobilised 3 drilling rigs manned by 14-strong teams, each with a projected income of US$616k pa & 22% margin.
• Collaborated closely with the rest of the management team and with clients to foresee and resolve any issues.
Camp Services Manager
Compass Catering Services, Qatar
• Key player in the commissioning and opening of a camps for up to 40,000 multi-national workers with Compass .
• Managed and motivated a total of 240 staff delivering all service provision including utilities, laundry and catering.
• Directed central stores, logistics and the supply chain, and managed transportation including all relevant vehicles.
• Implemented and monitored IMS systems in full compliance with ISOs 9001, 14001, 18001, 22000 and HACCP.
• Monitored Fire and Security departments, and ensured compliance with Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
• Ensured suitable employee training, and managed maintenance of good order and disciplinary issues in the camps.
• Oversaw the recreation department providing Internet services, gymnasiums, and other leisure & sports facilities.
• Led the management team producing live shows every three months for 20,000 residents within the complex.
• Consistently met or exceeded the financial targets of all departments under the direct control of camp services.
• Delivered the contract to operate within a budget of US$14m per annum at a gross operating profit of US$2m.
Site Catering Manager
Renaissance Catering Services, Afghanistan
• Managed senior officers providing the catering services for a large Forward Operating Base in Helmand Provence.
• Led and trained 450 multicultural staff providing meals for a wide range of clientele from many parts of the world.
• Provided a multi-choice daily menu based on a 28-day cycle to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business.
• Oversaw the production of 35,000 meals per day, delivering an income of US$6m pa with a profit margin of 15%.
• Project managed the successful de-mobilisation of 2 out-stations under the command of the US Marines Corps.
Camp Services Manager | Logistics Manager | Area Catering Manager | Site Manager
Compass Catering Services, Iraq, Angola & Qatar
• Promoted to manage the full range of hard and soft services for a large camp in Qatar with over 10,000 residents.
• Oversaw catering operations in 6 kitchens and 11 dining rooms, and managed and motivated a total of 370 staff.
• Successfully managed the contracted annual budget of US$15m, producing a gross operating profit of US$3.8m.
• Delivered approximately 20m consistently healthy and satisfying meals during the 30 month contract duration.
• Achieved over 7m LTI-free hours worked by the service provider teams, celebrated with live shows at the camp.
• Served as a logistics manager, catering manager and site manager at Compass locations in Iraq, Angola & Qatar.
Site Catering Manager | Services Supervisor | Assistant Mess Manager | Warrant Officer
Eurest (2002-03) | Compass (NSS Germany) (1998-2002) | BAOR (1994-98) | Army Catering Corps (1968-94)
• Managed all aspects of site catering for the Canadian contingent at Eurest Support Services in Bosnia (2002-03).
• Appointed Hotel & Catering Services Supervisor with Compass for the NATO training centre in Germany (1998-02)
• Assisted the manager of the military mess in the Sennelager NATO training centre, Germany for BAOR (1994-98)
• Served in the catering corps of the British Army, rising to Warrant Officer Class 1 and awarded a BEM (1968-94)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.