A highly effective Senior Project Manager who operates with pace, energy, enthusiasm, creativity and has a successful track record of delivery across several industry sectors over the last twenty years. Takes responsibility for leading projects from initiation through to closure to achieve significant operational efficiencies, business benefits and return on investment. Personable with a can-do attitude and skills to engage business stakeholders through complex business change.
Software Project Manager (Sept 2013 – Jan 2014)
Monarch Travel Group, Bromley
•Reporting to the Global Head of IT Applications in the Travel Industry on a £2m Business Transformation Programme to transition away from a Legacy Reservation System (Cosnet, cobol) to an Oracle Application (Travelbox) for bookings of flights, hotels, package holidays, tours and cruises. Using Agile and Scrum Methodologies to successfully implement development changes with teams on and offshore (Sri Lanka).
• TravelBox Software Deployment, Release & Change Control – Carried out Gap Analysis, initiated RFC process, Identified UAT Scenarios, Design, Build, Tested and Deployed four major releases (6.5 to 6.8).
• Realigned existing Websites to TravelBox (B2C). UAT Scenarios, Design, Build, Tested and Deployed.
• Re-alignment of 20+ MI SQL databases to TravelBox for group distribution of KPI’s and Supplier interfaces.
• Assessed readiness of application infrastructure being fit for purpose for Trade (B2B Travel Agents).
Senior Project Manager (2012 – Aug 2013)
Laing O’Rourke, Dartford Dec
• Reporting to the Head of Applications in the Construction Industry, responsible for successfully managing and implementing key projects across the Group delivered to time and budgets with HSE and PPE.
•Implemented Asset Management Software and Hardware Infrastructure: Budget £150k. Tower Cranes Division (Cambridge). Locating and Tracking 5k crane components across four yards in the UK for on-hire, off-hire, issuing, inspect on return with PDA mobile devices over wifi. Key crane components consisted of masts, jibs, cabs, towers etc. Engaged yard teams, carried out Gap Analysis/Workshops, Identified UAT Scenarios, Design, Build, Tested and Deployed.
• Implemented Asset Tracking RFID Software and Hardware Infrastructure from Suppliers to Construction Site. The Leadenhall Building Construction Site in Central London, Budget 230k. Tracking technology (RFID) installed on 10k components to capture traceability from Suppliers of Design, Manufacture & Assembly (DfMA) process integrated with 3D View BIM Modelling Technology. Tracking status’s of assets: In design, In manufacture, In transit, At site and Installed. Components consisted of Steel (Watsons), Service Risers (Cht), Precast Planks (Explore) and Glass from China on a £286m construction site. Gap Analysis/Workshops, UAT Scenarios, Design, Build, Tested and Deployed.
• Deployed four new technologies on the Custom House Railway Station (London DLR): Budget £400k. Four work-streams; Tablets on-site, Health Monitoring stations/sensors, Visual Monitoring and Component Tracking of concrete for the railway platform. Supplier selection (RFI/RFP) process
Senior Project Manager (June 2012 – Dec 2012)
Idis Pharmaceuticals, Weybridge
• Reporting to the CIO, in the Pharmaceuticals Industry, responsible for successfully managing key projects:
• Software Implementation of Web Portal (B2C). Budget £70k. Gap Analysis/Workshops, UAT Scenarios, Design, Build, Test and Deploy. Allowing bonafide Healthcare Professionals (Croatian & Lithuanian UAT’d) to order pharmaceuticals from UK Warehouse. Business Process: Registration, Electronic CDA, Country Product Barring, Supporting Regulatory Docs, Supply & Demand, Billing and Shipment.
• Software and Hardware Implementation for India & France operational branch openings. Budget £160k.
Senior Project Manager (Infrastructure standardisation) (Oct 2009 – April 2012)
Rentokil Plc, Gatwick
• Reporting to the CIO, responsible for successfully managing office transitions, relocations and group standardisation of Network Layers, Servers, Desktop, Mobile and Groupware Layers in Central London as well as across the UK for 5 businesses encompassing 20 sites. Budgets Lancaster £57k, Fire&Water £75k, Hygiene £38k.
I.T. Manager (Sept 2005 – Oct 2009)
Initial Washroom Solutions Ltd, Heathrow
•Reporting to the IT Director: Budget £1m.
• Responsible for Applications, Data Networks, Telecommunications, Assets, Business continuity, Disaster recovery, Supplier management across 20 sites.
• Team Management of 8 Data Warehouse contractors in developing KPI Dashboards for Executive and Senior Management (Hyperion performance suite).
Software Development Manager (Sept 2002 – Sept 2005)
Textiles Services Ltd, Uxbridge
• Reporting to the IT Director on a £4m Business Transformation Programme.
• Design, Build, Test and Deploy a bespoke ERP system for 48 sites (plants & branches) across the UK. Functionality in pre-sales, sales activity/planning, service delivery, PDA synchronisation, inventory warehouse management (pick, pack, despatch), purchasing, stock control, invoicing and migrating legacy financial ledgers to the Group standard platform. Sales Ledger migration to one group standard for Textiles & Healthcare companies.
Software Development Manager (Sept 1992 – Sept 2002)
Cleaning Services Ltd, Dudley, W.Midlands
•Reporting to the IT Director. Saving £500k pa, migrating away from mainframe technology (Unisys A12) across 30 sites to Unix and W2K platforms.
• Responsible for System Design, Build, Test and Deployment of: Invoicing, Payroll, Sales Ledger, Purchase Ordering, Credit Control, eBilling, eRecruitment.
• Payroll migration from Payroll Bureau’s, BACs processing and decentralised Payroll Systems with 70k employees paid fortnightly. Time & Attendance – automatic population of timesheets via fingerscan biometrics, Payslip production and Operational staff mobile device (MC70) utilisation.
Education and Qualifications
Mathematics, Statistics & Computing De Montfort University, Leicester (1990)
Engineering, Computer Technology Sandwell College of F&HE (1988)
Computer Aided Design Sandwell College of F&HE (1988)
Computer Programming Kalamazoo Training Consultants (1991)
Training European Union Competition Law Certification (2011)
Combating Bribery in Business Certification (2011)
Change Management (PPOT) Experience (2006)
Project Management (PMF, Prince2) Experience (2005)
Payroll & Pensions Management Distance Learning (2 years MIPPMDip) (2001)
NI & PAYE Procedures The Payroll Training Company (1998)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.