Qualified with the equivalent of a first class honours degree in Law from the highest rated university in Russia (Lomonosov) with over 2 years experience practicing law as an in-house lawyer for the head company of a major Russian-based conglomerate.
Completed a Masters in Law at the University of Bristol and am currently a Senior Legal Specialist (Corporate Law) at Russia’s largest railway operator, based in Moscow.
Education & Qualifications
Sept 2012 –Aug 2014 University of Bristol, UK
Masters: Master of Arts (MA) in Law
Modules: Tort, Contract, Trust, Public, Criminal, Land, EU, Company
Sept 2006 – Aug 2011 Lomonosov Moscow State University
Degree: Specialist in Law (equivalent to BSc).
Grade: 4.7 out of 5 (equivalent to First Class Honours/Distinction)
Sept 2002 – July 2006
The Centre of Education for Gifted Children “Elistinskij Lyceum”
Jan 2015 – Present
Joint Stock Company Russian Railways
Senior Legal Specialist – Corporate Affairs
• Acting as the main port of call for corporate legal matters at Russia’s largest railway operator.
• Drafting, negotiating & editing contracts, specifically articles and memorandums of association.
• Negotiating with foreign partners on joint company legal matters.
• Dealing in all manner of international company law matters, company deals and contracts.
• Preparing resolutions and acting on decisions from the Board of Directors and from shareholders meetings on points of corporate law.
Apr – Aug 2012
Addee-Media LLC (group of companies Svyaznoy)
• Independent in-house lawyer at a television advertising firm. Provided legal support for the company; an agent of Fox International Channels and Cartoon Networks in Russia.
• Drafted and executed advertising placement agreements, licensing agreements, copyright assignment agreements, negotiated with counterparts.
• Drafting and amending of articles of association, shareholders’ agreement, day-to-day acts, provided legal support to shareholders meetings.
• Analysed, researched and summarised relevant case law, employing various Russian litigation support databases (Consultant Plus, Garant etc).
• Delegated, assigned and supervised administrative duties to legal clerks and secretaries.
Jun 2011 – Apr 2012
Maxus Asset Management, CJSC
• Legal support for Maxus, head company of a major conglomerate (group of companies Svyanoy).
• Drafting of loan agreements, pledge agreements and share purchase agreements after negotiation with foreign business partners (Cyprus, BVI, Netherlands, Israel).
• Representation of the company in its relations with state authorities, particularly tax and registration bodies.
• Creation & monthly renewal of commercial contract lifecycle register containing credit and debit entries and information of the firm and its affiliates.
Other Legal Experience
Dec 2013 – Jun 2014
Human Rights Project, University of Bristol
Legal Research Assistant
• Comparison of protection of the human rights of migrants, as set out in the ECHR and ICHR.
• Research carried out under ECHR Article 8 scope-Right to respect for private and family life.
• Extensive use of legal databases to search for relevant cases (Westlaw, LexisNexis, HUDOC).
• Summarised cases, presented summaries and facts at periodic meetings to members.
• Performed presentations to other legal project members and groups.
City Law Firms for Ethnic Minorities 2013
• Prepared and performed an individual presentation for representatives of City law firms.
• Engaged in panel discussion with senior lawyers and group legal case studies.
• Delivered group presentation which was assessed by the firm. Selected first from 5 candidates.
Jun – Aug 2009
District Court of Elista, Kalmykia, Russia
Trainee – Assisted Judge during court proceedings, organised case files/documents, prepared drafts of court decisions.
Sept 2007 – Dec 2008
Legal Clinic, Lomonosov Moscow State University
Counsel – Consulted members of the public on matters of civil law, tax law, labour law, property law, housing law and social welfare law.
Voluntary and Pro-Bono Experience
Oct 2013 – Jun 2014
Law School, University of Bristol
• Representative of postgraduate students at Faculty of Social Sciences and Law level (elective position); representative of Masters students at law school.
• Liaised with staff, gathered students’ views on assessment feedback, teaching quality etc.
• Won sponsorship from the Law School to award prizes to the top MA Year 1 & 2 students and recommendation letters produced for the top 10% of each MA year group.
Oct 2013 – Jan 2014
Save the Children Charity, Bristol
Retail customer service – Assisted in maximising the stores sales and profitability, dealt with customer enquiries and complaints.
Fundraiser- Raised around £400 for a charity supporting children and young people with cancer.
• April 2014
European Parliament Elections Debate (University of Bristol)
Marketing, organisation and management of the operation of debate event, identifying the most significant issues from the results of the debate from the participants.
• December 2013
Trainer on debating at Cotham School, Bristol
Organised a training session with other MA students to teach school children about debating.
• Oct 2013
Judge at Southern Debating Association for Novices, Imperial College London
Evaluated participants’ speeches, prepared and delivered feedbacks to the teams.
• Feb/March 2013
Advanced Level Course – Microsoft Excel
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.