I get a real buzz from meeting and recruiting the brightest and the best so organisations can deliver their mission.
I’m really interested in using a blend of attraction and selection methodologies – to design a really robust recruitment process tailored to every role.
Specialties: volume recruitment, with a full range of attraction and selection methodologies, psychometrics, assessment centre design and management, mentoring, training delivery, psychology-trained, experienced HR business
Education And Qualifications
MSc Occupational Psychology (Oct 03 – Jun 04)
BSc (Hons) Psychology (Oct 99- Jun 02)
University of the West of England
A-levels: English , Spanish , Biology
GCSE’s: 11 subjects including Maths and English
Clifton College (Sept 92- Jun 99)
Recruitment Business Partner Cognita Schools (Dec 13– Present)
• Working with the business to manage and deliver the end to end recruitment process.
• Working with the business and the HR Business Partners to understand and inform broader resourcing strategies.
• As the subject matter expert providing advice and guidance on recruitment best practice.
• Introducing psychometric testing into the selection process for recruitment across all Cognita’s Schools (UK, Latin America, Asia & Europe).
• Developing and maintaining up to date knowledge of the recruitment market in areas of specialism.
• Delivering recruitment projects in time and within budget.
• Managing suppliers and stakeholders to ensure value for money, service delivery and reduced cost.
• Building positive and credible relationships with customers and candidates to maintain a positive reputation as an individual, team and organisation.
• Partnering with hiring managers to develop job descriptions, determine effective recruitment strategies and provide required visibility and collaboration throughout the process.
• Hosting and assisting with pre-screening and competency based interviews with hiring managers to support the decision making process, promoting best practice and providing coaching and interview skills training as and where necessary.
• Sourcing candidates through a variety of means (e.g. direct sourcing, networking, agencies or advertising).
• Creating Template, Induction, Selection centre and Onboarding Processes for Headteacher, Teacher, Management and staff (School & Head Office).
• Creating a core database of template job descriptions.
• Creating a bank of interview questions relevant to levels of roles in the business.
Recruitment Specialist Packt Publishing (Sept 13 –Dec 13)
• Sourcing and attracting high calibre candidates for both current and future roles.
• Supporting the HR department in the development of solutions identified in the resource plan to ensure they attract, select, develop and retain the best people.
• Creating behavioural indicators for competency based interviews and devising a scoring mechanism.
• Running and designing assessment centres for volume recruitment.
• Reviewing and updating recruitment processes and procedures.
• Working closely with managers to determine current and future resourcing requirements.
• Identifying, organising and initiating recruitment advertising activity through relevant media channels to generate prospective employees.
• Assisting in the interviewing and selection process, liaising with department managers on paperwork and preparing selected candidates for entry into the business.
• Analysing and measuring recruitment outcomes and success.
HR Advisor – Recruitment Legal Ombudsman (July 10- Sept 13)
• Responsible for all processes and procedures relating to recruitment to ensure the best possible service to the organisation within budget.
• Managing volume and end to end recruitment
• Designing and running assessment centres for varying levels of recruits.
• Reviewing recruitment initiatives, anticipating vacancies and conducting competency based interviews.
• Producing role profiles and job adverts.
• Providing guidance and advice for Directors, Heads of Department and Team Leaders in helping them to develop recruitment plans.
• Developing and embedding the recruitment framework into appropriate HR activities.
• Creating policies and procedures in line with the business needs.
• Providing recruitment data for analysis and publication.
• Supporting managers on disciplinary, grievance, performance and capability issues, providing professional advice.
• Contributing to the continued improvement of the organisation by monitoring performance indicators e.g. sickness absence, levels of grievances and disciplinaries and work / life balance and developing initiatives and solutions to enable positive trends.
• Working with external agencies to support employees as required e.g. Occupational Health.
• Keeping abreast of developments in employment legislation and case law, and being proactive in ensuring that managers are appropriately briefed on relevant changes and new legislation.
Senior Trainer/Tutor Seetec (Sept 09- July 10)
• Designing and running a variety of soft and hard skill courses.
• Supporting and mentoring new and developing tutors.
• Providing feedback to tutors on customer satisfaction & training evaluation questionnaires.
• Monitoring tutor development plans where these are required.
• Observing tutors and providing feedback to improve the standard of group teaching and 1-2-1 coaching
• Co-coordinating tutoring activities across the five centres to ensure consistency and standardisation.
Personal Consultant Working Links (Sept 07 – Sept 09)
• Working with unemployed mandatory clients on employment zone between the ages of 18-24 and 25+ and placing into sustainable employment.
• Using all the relationships and resources of the cluster, business unit, and wider business to help more clients into sustainable employment.
• Providing the bridge between employer and client so that the client receives the best possible service and opportunities.
• Working with a variety of partners to provide the right solutions for each jobseeker.
• Sourcing and securing suitable vacancies for job seekers.
Employment Consultant Birmingham Rathbone (Dec 06 – Aug 07)
• Identifying real work opportunities and job vacancies for people with learning difficulties in the Birmingham and Solihull area.
• Supporting those clients into employment through customised training and supported employment.
• Promoting the service to potential new clients, referral agencies and being responsible for all aspects of the recruitment of new clients.
• Providing job coaching in negotiation with employers and clients as required.
• Travel training clients enabling them to become confident when traveling independently.
Mentor Coordinator Tomorrows People (Aug 05 – Nov 06)
• Providing one to one advice for people who need additional support with their job search and help into work.
• Recruiting prospective employers and volunteer mentors.
• Coordinating, training and managing a group of volunteer mentors.
HR Assistant VOSA (Nov 04 – Aug 05)
• Interviewing candidates for various roles and sifting application forms.
• Maintaining various administration systems and creating various spreadsheets
• Collection of data for diversity monitoring.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.