Over Six (6) years of experience in the field of Quantity Surveying in Sri Lanka, UAE and Oman primarily on review and negotiation of new unit prices for additional works and preparation of Variation Orders; Review interim and final Valuation of Works and contract closeout; Preparation of Valuation of work done (VOWD) to the Employer on a monthly basis; These works have been executed on variety of construction projects including Sewerage Networks, Highways; Bridges; Interchanges; Parking Structures.
B.Tech HND Quantity Surveying & Construction Economics, Edexcel UK
Diploma in Quantity Surveying, Eastern Technical Development Institute, Sri Lanka
National Certificate in Technology (NCT) Quantity Surveying, National Technical College, Sri Lanka
Over Six (6) years of experience in the field of Quantity Surveying in Sri Lanka, UAE and Oman primarily on review and negotiation of new unit prices for additional works and preparation of Variation Orders; Review interim and final Valuation of Works and contract closeout; Preparation of Valuation of work done (VOWD) to the Employer on a monthly basis; These works have been executed on variety of construction projects including Sewerage Networks, Highways; Bridges; Interchanges; Parking Structures; Housing Development; High rise office and Residential Buildings; and underground utility works such as water, storm water, Irrigation, Electrical, Street Lighting and Telecommunication works.
July 2012 – May 2014
Parsons International & Co, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman.
Project Seeb Wastewater projects (Contract 5A and 2), These Projects Include Gravity Main Collector Sewer, Sewerage Networks plus Treated effluent transmission and distribution pipeline systems.With a Total value US$ 286 million.
Client Haya, Sultanate Oman
Roles and Responsibilities
• Review and finalize interim payment certificates. Liaise with and provide support to Resident Engineers or other site supervisory staff during construction for contract matters.
• Identify variations, measure and value variations in agreement with Client’s representative; prepare submittals of variations for Client’s approval
• Review variations/ change orders, evaluation of rates, analysis of contract claims and recommendations for resolution, providing advise on contractual issues
• Checking the measurement of quantities, preparing bills of quantities and new rate build-ups. Liaising with the Client quantity surveyor personnel as required
• Liaise with client in all financial and contractual matters during the course of the Contracts
• Responsible for monitoring contract final cost estimate, generating monthly progress reports, monthly financial reports, preparing cost estimates and cash flow
• Attend weekly progress meetings of Client, Project Managers, and Contractor’s representatives
• Monitor advice on Bonds & Guarantees and Insurances for their renewal
• Consistently produced error-free output; set and strive to achieve and maintain the highest standards of accuracy and quality
Sept 2008 – Oct 2011
Six Construct Limited, Abu Dhabi, UAE
i. ADNOC New Corporate Headquarters (I had been working for this Project which consists of a 75 storey high rise topping at over 342 Meter, making it one of the highest buildings in the Abu Dhabi skyline. Approximately the cost for the project is US$ 1 billion)
ii. Ferrari Experience Project (The world’s first inspired Ferrari theme
Park. It will support a huge range of indoor and outdoor attractions
Such as Ferrari Plaza, F1 Racing Strategy, Racing Centre, 3D Ferrari Dome, Ferrari Challenge and more. Approximately the cost for the project is US$ 900 million)
iii. Retail Experience Project (Project comprises of Retail Car parks, Sub-structure and Drainages Work, Retail Shopping Mall(Substructure and Earth works) and Retail Bridges (six numbers of link Bridges). Approximately the cost for the project is US$ 300 million)
Client Abu Dhabi National Oil Company, ALDAR
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Prepare monthly interim payment application with full detail backup such as detail measurement, RFI, sketches, drawings & BBS
• Compare Contract BOQ, tender drawings and shop drawings to find out the additional scope and notify to the discipline engineer
• Prepare Variation estimate and detail rate analysis with complete backup
• Review and evaluate sub-contractor’s payment applications ensuring accuracy with contract requirement and actual work achieved and certify for final approval
• Assist in valuation of variation orders, preparation of site instructions and evaluation of the sub-contractor’s Claims
• Analyzing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
• Prepare and submit monthly cost, value reports and cash flow info
Jan 2008 – July 2008
Jinnah Civil Engineering Construction Works, Sri Lanka
Project Housing Construction Scheme.
Client Ministry of Rehabilitation, Srilanka
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Analysis of rates for Labour, Material and Plant (fixed and variable) and thus assist build up costing, pricing and analysis of direct and indirect cost for the BOQ items
• Prepare & obtaining quotations for construction material and maintain material data base
• Prepare material take-off and Bill of Quantities
• Co-ordinate with the head office staff, in order to ensure timely procurement as per the agreed standards and to ensure that all construction in line with Government procedure and organizational value
• Work with relevant staff in field and head office to ensure timely transfer funds for construction activities
• Preparing variation orders and interim payment application
Jan 2006 – Dec 2007 Eastern Building Construction, Sri Lanka
Project Komaary Residence, Akkaraipattu
Jan 2003 – Dec 2004
South Eastern University of Sri Lanka, Oluvil, Sri Lanka
Civil Engineering Technician
Project Cultural Hall at South Eastern University of Sri Lanka, Oluvil, Sri Lanka
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.