A QHSE professional with experience in oil and gas, marine and civil/structural large-scale projects in Australia, PNG and India. Successfully passed every internal, client and third party certification audits of project and corporate quality, safety and environmental management systems. Strengths include results orientation; providing practical solutions; analytical skills to evaluate company/construction risks and opportunities; a willingness to learn new skills; mentoring colleagues.
Qualifications & Training
• Diploma in Civil Engineering from Wembley Technical College, Perth, WA, Australia.
• Training courses successfully completed: Train the Trainer; Quality Assurance Auditing; Integrated Management Systems; Developing a Site Environmental Management Plan; Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Auditing; Queensland Workplace Health and Safety Officer (Construction); Queensland Workplace Rehabilitation Coordinator.
Project Quality Manager, BAM Clough Joint Venture on the Ichthys LNG Project (NT, Australia – A$510M)
Oct. 2013 – July 2014
This project involved two contracts: the Product Loading Jetty and the Module Offloading Facility.
• Managed 11 QA/QC inspectors (civil, structural, and mechanical disciplines) on-site and 14 overseas QA/QC inspectors (Indonesia, Thailand, and Malaysia) in structural steel fabrication yards.
• Conducted internal and external audits, and audits of Lower Tier Subcontractor on a management system with over 850 documents, and for a project with over 5,000 controlled documents.
• Supervised the preparation of the Project Manufacturing Record Book which included 12 Lower Tier Subcontractor multiple volume Manufacturing Record Books (approximately 280 volumes).
Project Quality Manager, BAM Clough Joint Venture on the PNG LNG and Condensate Jetty Project (Port Moresby, PNG – A$380M)
June 2012 – Oct. 2013
This project also involved two contracts: the Product Loading Jetty and the Topside Module Installation.
• Managed up to 30 on-site and third party QA/QC inspectors and NDT personnel for civil, structural, piping, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation disciplines.
• Oversaw the inspection activities (4,000+ mechanical completion check sheets), the compilation of Vendor Manufacturing Record Books (311 vol.); the Contract Fabrication Record Book (215 vol.).
• Managed third party inspections of overseas vendors in fabrication yards such as Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and China.
• Monitored the WinPCS Systems Completion database for the contract elements and subsystems (over 107,000 line items – not all of which belonged to the BCJV) weekly to track progress using MS Excel.
Senior HSEQ Manager, Leighton Welspun Contractors Pvt. Ltd. on the Chenani-Nashri Tunnel Project (Jammu and Kashmir, India – US$550M)
April 2011 – June 2012
• Managed the HSE, Quality and Document Control Departments at each end of the tunnel – almost 60 people in total.
• Audited the project to ISO 9001; ISO 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001. The project was certified by Lloyds Register Quality Assurance as conforming to ISO 14001:2004.
• Monitored the risk management process of the day to day operations, and developed a 74 page crisis management plan (with an additional 64 pages of appendices) based on all assessed internal and external risks to the Project.
Systems and Environmental Manager, WDS Limited (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia)
Nov. 2007 – April 2011
• Developed, implemented and obtained certification of the company’s environmental management system to ISO 14001:2004. Coordinated the QHS and E management systems for certification audits.
• Supported various cross-country oil, gas and water pipeline projects in some remote locations of Australia.
• Set up the quality and HSE management systems for a micro-tunnelling project in Kuwait.
• Assisted in the development of a suitable management system for the mining division, including the refurbishment of certified underground coal mining equipment.
Systems Manager, Leighton International Limited (India)
Feb. 2006 – Nov. 2007
• Systems Manager for the Emaar-MGF and Leighton Joint Venture for the construction of apartments and residential developments in Delhi and the Punjab. Developed a small but very useful Access database to manage drawings.
• Project Services Manager on Residence Antilia Project (a Leighton contract in Mumbai – US$120M). Managed the Quality and Document Control departments and up to 10 staff. Disciplines included civil, structural, building (with internal and external finishing), HVAC, electrical and instrumentation.
• Project Services Manager on the Flextronics Factory Project (a Leighton contract in Chennai – US$35M+). Managed the Quality, Document Control and HSE departments and up to 12 staff. Disciplines as for Residence Antilia.
Project Quality Manager, Barclay Mowlem Construction Limited on the Alcan Gove Third Stage Expansion (G3) Project (NT, Australia. A$100M) Feb. 2005 – Feb. 2006
• Managed the quality system for the project, including overseeing the preparation of 58 construction work packs for structural, mechanical, piping and civil disciplines. Managed the document control department.
• Various Australian and International structural and welding codes had to be complied with as the original plant was constructed to imperial standards. The new structures also had to be constructed in and around an existing and operating plant requiring close coordination with the Client.
Site Manager, Curtain Bros. PNG for two Projects
May 2003 – Feb. 2005
• Kainantu Gold Project (Ramu Valley, Papua New Guinea. A$16M+), May 2003 to March 2004. Managed up to 90 employees and landowner groups (initially 37 groups – by 2004, 63 groups had registered) for three packages – the Haul Road, Tailings Dam and the Civils work for the Process Plant.
• Bougainville Wharves Rehabilitation Project (Buka, Kangu Beach and Siwai, Bougainville. A$11M AusAID Project), March 2004 to Feb. 2005. Managed up to 120 employees.
• Both projects involved significant landowner and community liaison to minimise the risk of unrest. Managed and oversaw all aspects of the projects, including logistics, community and client liaison, construction, planning, quality and HSE.
• Successfully negotiated with armed members of the Bougainville Resistance Force (aided by the Bougainville Revolutionary Army, local police; and women’s and peace groups) to obtain the release of a vehicle taken at gun point. Two other vehicles taken at gun point were also returned with police assistance.
Various Positions, Clough Engineering Limited.
June 1997 – May 2003
• Project HSEQ Manager for the PNG Refinery Project (June 2002 to May 2003)
• The following Eastern Australia and PNG Division positions provided assistance to various projects in the oil and gas, marine, civil and structural industries: Quality Manager (Sep. 2001 to June 2002); HSE Manager (June-1998 to Sep. 2001); and QHSE Manager (June 1997 to June 1998).
Additional employment history is available upon request.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.