With more than 20 years of experience as a project engineer with broad expertise in drilling and platform operations, maintenance, implementation, HSE/QA, Rig Surveyor, commissioning and start up, .My background encompasses a wide variety of successful projects to design and commission complex equipment, platforms, and systems, focused on leveraging the latest in design engineering principles to achieve quality g
Qualifications & Skills
Electrical Gr.L. Certified
Sandnes Yrkesskole, 2-arig Kombinert Grunnkurs Sterkstrom og VK Sterkstrom
Basic Safety & Emergency Training Certification
Certificate of Medical Fitness for Offshore
Simatic S5 & S7 • Vacon AC Drive • Ross Hill DC Drive • Baylor Brake • Vega Sensor Software
Subsea Operation Under High Pressure • Swagelok-School Refresher Course
OLF-Safety Refresher Course • Platform-Helicopter Evacuation • Fiber Termination
Work Safety on Low-Voltage Plant • Rules & Regulations for Offshore • Ex Cert
Seasoned senior project engineer with a career spanning more than 20 years of experience at the forefront of drilling and platform projects, focused on project management, design, engineering, implementation, testing, and commissioning. Adept at guiding personnel throughout international and global projects, ensuring achievement of key goals and milestones. Dedicated to achieving high standards of quality control and quality assurance. In-depth knowledge of instrument and control systems. Committed to continuous process improvement. Skilled at liaising with key stakeholders and contractors throughout project execution. Able to quickly and efficiently identify and eliminate the root cause of technical problems and project delays.
Factoring / Total E&P, Geoje, SHI, South Korea • 2014
Rig Surveyor “ready for operation”
Surveyor on Ocean Rig drilling vessel on SHI yard on all trade, for ready to operation in Congo
FRED OLSEN ENERGY, Ulsan, South Korea • 2011-2014
International drilling subsidiary of leading shipping conglomerate Fred Olsen & Co.
Drilling Engineer Technical
Coordinated initial design and implementation of a drilling package for the $175 million Bolette Dolphin Drillship Project, prior to handover for production. Worked with 15 inspectors to monitor the drilling package implementation, liaising with yard / suppliers on daily tasks, work permit systems, and safety. Reviewed 3rd-party installations on vessel. Successfully completed the MC phase and transitioned into commissioning, collaborating with drilling crewmembers to achieve milestones, resolve issues, and eliminate delays impacting timelines, quality, and safety.
• Maintained compliance by coordinating requisite testing activities.
• Supported teams in achieving collaborative goals through exceptional leadership and technical insight.
NATIONAL OILWELL VARCO PLC, Norway • 2001-2007
Global leader in customer solutions for the oil and gas industry, with more than 62,000 staff in 62 countries.
Site Manager (2007-2011)
Oversaw all trade on drilling packages valued from USD $200-300 million, coordinating teams of 20-60 throughout all stages of installation and commissioning. Ensured project completion in alignment with established goals. Assured vessels and subsea packages achieved operational goals according to design and regulations. Monitored project tasks on a daily basis, conducting on-site follow-ups and maintaining contact between the yard and the client. Prepared reports for the main office.
• Served as PDC3 NOV Site Manager, TPM2 NOV Site Manager, West Polaris NOV Site Manager, and West Gemini NOV Site Manager for South Korea on several installation, commissioning, and HSE drilling packages.
• Acted as Lead E&I in Singapore for DDI rig control system commissioning, Stena Drillmax control system commissioning, and Lead PLC & Electro for NOV Equipment on diverse projects.
• Recovered a delinquent project by working with the yard to identify and resolve key problems.
• Supported the company in growing from only 5 vessel delivery projects to more than 50 drill vessel deliveries.
Service Engineer (2001-2007)
Handled engineering operations and servicing for instrumentation control systems, including conducting inspections, coordinating rig start-up, and providing support and design expertise at global sites. Maintained compliance with rules and regulations.
• Realized significant product improvements by driving implementation of new software controls.
• Promoted within 3 years to a role as Senior Service Engineer.
• Took an instrumental role in sales consultations, leading to successfully closed sales.
HITEC, Norway • 1998-2001
Internationally renowned producer of drilling equipment control systems.
Provided service engineering and maintenance across numerous rigs international, handling operational optimisation, commissioning, drilling equipment inspections, and equipment and systems certification.
• Completed projects across Amatyst, Transocean, PPCON, Global Santa Fe, Maersk Drilling, BP, and Scahin Drilling rigs.
• 20 years of Shipyard experience in Brazil, the United States, the United Kingdom, Norway, Azerbaijan, Singapore, Japan, South Korea. and Russian
• Electrical Supervisor / Project Manager, AMEC.
• Electrical / Instrument Supervisor, NEC.
• Electrician, Stavanger Drilling.
• Electrician, GMC Electro.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.