I am a highly motivated educator with years of experience in various settings and I feel that my experience in both academia and work more than qualify me for placement. I am experienced with building programs from the ground up using innovative techniques and personal investment to accomplish my goals.
To demonstrate my passion for people, success, learning and language and in so doing, to change lives for the better.
Mandarin Educator, Community Service Coordinator
August 2014 – August 2015
Tesseract School Phoenix, AZ
At Tesseract School, I provide a framework and preparation for students to travel to China. I also help all students explore their passions and define who they are as responsible global citizens.
● Mandarin language classes & Curriculum Development
● Chaperoning students to China.
● Club sponsor and Community Service Enrichment
Chinese, ESL Teacher/ Director of Academic Support
September 2010- August 2014
Hilton Head Prep. School Hilton Head Island, SC
A school is a community. I help students find their place in this community and provide a positive, constructive learning environment.
• Chinese language classes & curriculum development
• ESL classes and academic support counseling
• Extra-curricular activity supervisor & student mentor
Associate Professor of English
February 2009-February 2010
Tangshan Teacher’s College Tangshan, Hebei Province, China
I offered bi-lingual courses to students, but had the opportunity to give them so much more – a view into the English speaking world critical to their future success.
• Spoken English language classes & curriculum development
• English-speaking world culture & immersion events & curriculum development
• Office management & evaluation administration
December 2007-February 2009
Gangwon-Do Office of Education Goseong -Gun, Gangwon-Do, RoK
I was responsible for 5 different public schools in the rural district of Goseong-Gun–3 high schools (one a vocational high school), a middle school, and an elementary school.
• Lesson planning for various levels and proficiencies, grading and editing work
• Community-building, ethics and discipline
• School events, competitions, office management and administration
Business ESL Instructor
September 2006-May 2007
Je-avant Career Services Beijing, China
I was responsible for private lessons in the greater metropolitan area. This included several suburbs of Beijing, teaching students English in preparation for their lives and careers.
• Lesson and lecture planning, customized for student needs and interests
• Collecting materials and preparing unique educational experiences for students ranging in age from 17 to 52!
Chinese Language and Cultural Studies August 2003-May 2007
Emory & Henry College Emory, Virginia
Hispanic Literature August 2003 – May 2007
Emory & Henry College Emory, Virginia
Member of Sigma Delta Pi Spanish Honor Society (Sept. ‘04 – May ‘07)
Chinese Language and Modern History August 2006 – May 2007
Peking University Beijing, China
• Fluent Spoken and Written Mandarin
• Conversational Spoken and Proficient Written Spanish
• Fluent Spoken and Written English (first language)
Emory United Methodist Church, 2005 – 2007
Hurricane Relief, Soup Kitchen Work, Donation Collection, Meals On Wheels Driver
Appalachian Center for Community Service, 2003-2006
ESL Instructor, After-School Program Director Kindergarten Level (Spanish), Director of an ESL Program for Migrant Workers and Their Children
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.